Cafe Orleans Monte Cristo- maple syrup? Fake Update: not back

Ew. I sure hope so- I'd guess you can ask for it the regular way. The Blue Bayou menu still appears to have the original/regular version and they supposedly share a kitchen so.....

I see it's a seasonal thing right now but can you still get it the old way with the jam and powdered sugar instead?
I ordered a Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans this past Saturday (3/2) and it was the normal one - didn’t have to ask and didn’t even know an alternate one existed.

Honestly, its actually pretty good with maple syrup. When I first had a monte cristo when I was little (a looong time ago haha) I recall it coming with maple syrup, not jam.

Was there today, I ordered one and asked if they could do the regular one. I was told that they cannot sub for the regular one, as the kitchen no longer has the jam in stock, and they are only serving the special one right now.

My partner got the cheese one and it was also served with the special sugar and maple syrup, as well as the coleslaw side (I’m noting this because the restaurant menu mentions nothing of this being updated, so just a heads-up to anyone planning to order that instead, or any vegetarians, the coleslaw has bacon in it, ask if you can sub the side).

I was honestly not a fan of either of them, the special sugar is granulated sugar mixed with the powdered sugar, and with the maple syrup it was just a sugar bomb.

Last edited:
I thought the jam they serve with it is pretty good. Its sweet but everything about that meal is bad for you so I don't worry about it and just enjoy it. Calories don't count at Disneyland.

Our server informed us they do not have the berry. She is subbing strawberry jam. We are obviously quite unhappy that the people outside we asked a few days ago had no idea what they were talking about. I’m glad our server was able to find a work around, I like strawberry!

ETA: strawberry worked fine for me :) the berry purée is better but this works in the meantime.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter