California Dreamin'-A 14 Day Odyssey to San Fran,Yosemite & DL! 8/2013 COMPLETE!1/9!!

Ellen!!!! So nice to see you! :laughing:

Could not agree with you more about Goofy’s Sky School! GAH!!!! Willow thinks it’s awesome….

Matterhorn - yep, you got the wrong side for your first ride. The first time back on this after about 3 decades, I feel ya. Having been talked into it about 3,482 times since then, it no longer seems so bad to me. :confused3 There is definitely a less jerky side, but having single-rider’ed this thing more times than I can begin to count at this point, I can’t even tell you which one it is anymore! :rotfl2:

Yep - we did Cafe Orleans for Willow’s birthday trip in January and totally had to just go for Blue Bayou this last trip. :laughing: I felt the exact same way!

Blerg!!! Mickey’s Wheel of Doom??? No thank you!!!!

Oh no! You didn’t do WoC? I can so relate - we have missed more WDW nighttime shows than I like to admit. For us, DLR being in the same time zone makes the nighttime shows do-able - and we LOVE WoC! :goodvibes:

I was going to say adult time at Trader Sam’s would make up for it for me until I read the “ick” update….. :(

Oh, I wish your family hadn’t been so worn out for the last day. :(

Club 33????? WOW!!!! I love everything about this update. But I have to say, Willow and I are big Food Network fans - we would have lost our minds over the molecular gastronomy showcase you received!

Oh, the Walt painting. :( Too much! Gonna have to wait a few years to show that one to Willow after how sad she was at the end of the WiWF tour. So wish he could have experienced everything he dreamed on both coasts.

Willow and I started our two-week road trip to DL TR if you have time to check it out (in the sig). I know, you have about as much time as I do! :rotfl2:

I am totally JELLY!!!!!!!

Just when I thought you had blown it out of the water with the amazing buffet, lobster, and entree, you go and have ice cream made at your table. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????? I didn't even know that was possible. So freaking cool! A-MAZING!

Totally jelly!

Thanks for this wonderful update! I loved all the pictures and all the details. I didn't know that Walt died before Club 33 was built. So sad.

Count me as another who is VERY JELLY!!!!
Wow, wow, wow - I think I would probably pass out if I got to eat lunch in Club 33!
What an amazing experience - even the empty plates are like the coolest thing ever
I don't think it would be possible to ever top the ice cream table side experience for dessert!
Fab that you all got to spend what looks like an incredible lunch together
Thanks for all the great pictures from DL, I will be heading back there in April next year and can't wait!!

Wow when I make it back to your TR, I find a super duper update! Thanks so much! LOL!

The girl your mentioned in the Minnie like outfit is probably Japanese. I saw a couple dressed like that in WDW, my son was in Tokyo around that time, he told me it was a fad over there. He told me the name for it, but since I don't speak Japanese, I don't recall what he said.

Oh, how I want to go to Club 33, but I see I can't since it has been redecorated. I absolutely love lobstah, could eat my weight in those ugly crustaceans.

I could vacation for a long time, I guess we do since we spend 5 weeks in Florida in February & March!

Holy mother of updates! Glad you are back and finishing up. Sorry that your crew hit the wall but looks like you had a great ladies' day in spite of them!

I wish I could have experienced the original Club 33. I live vicariously through your pictures.

Jill in CO

Welcome back Ellen! We missed you! But boy you sure got back to it in a big way! I'll probably forget half of what I want to comment on though…

Your trip end is looking fantastic! I love the pics of you and the fellas all together on the rides. It looks like a great time. You should have rode Radiator Springs, it's a great ride.

OK, it's not an Ellen and Drea meet without a few drinks and a monkey getting kissed. Gotta be some of that in here somewhere! :rotfl2:

Your luncheon looks absolutely great! How cool is that about everyone else wanting the "table side ice cream"? You started a trend. :thumbsup2 Everything looks delicious, i would have started with the dessert though!

Your meet looks fantastic!

O my god! I'm so behind.. New position at work has me out of the loop. Love reliving this day! Well most I of it.. It gets really interesting soon lmao

Hmm did someone say drinks?? And I don't think I saw Ellen kiss any monkeys in Dland not many around these parts lol.

Miss my club 33 peeps! Thanks for memories of a lifetime!

Major updates - Love it!

Looks like more fun was had at Disneyland; glad you and Drea could hang out. I NEED to get out to CA next year; if the trip with my niece doesn't happen next year, I am for SURE doing that.

Club 33 looks INSANE! In a good way!! What an incredible experience. Looks like everyone had a great time, too.

Holy updates Batman! How the heck am I supposed to remember all that, let alone comment on it! I'll just say that you really left no stone unturned at DL. Looks like an absolute blast was had by all.

O.M.G!!! what a fantastic day. the friends you make on the DIS can take you all sorts of places. everything at club 33 looks divine. I couldn't even imagine them changing it. I know I keep saying it but DL has changed so so much. I need to go back ya know for comparison reasons. lol

the sandals cruise looked awesome on FB. You just don't sit still ;)

I got so behind, but all caught up now. Cub 33 looks amazing. What a bummer that they changed how it is now. I don't know what Disney has been thinking lately....or should I say lack of thinking.

So glad to see you updated! That was the day we left for our recent trip to the World.

I like the big Ferris Wheels but I don't think I could handle those moving cars, I would have to stick the the boring stationary ones.

Love the pics of your lunch at Club 33! What a great experience! Too bad they made all those changes to it now.

Looking forward to hearing more!

So happy to see this going again.

Planning DLR & WDW next year so this is getting me excited.

The Monte Cristo looked good.

Just watched a video of the ferris wheel and I am not sure I can do that.

Fun night it seemed with the drinks. The hurricane looked good.

Glad you got to the parks on the last day.

Everything looked so good at Club 33. Jealous.

I am caught up again.

Well....I have a few minutes, so want to finish this up- I hate not finishing, and I know so many are going to Alaska this summer, so want to start that, too- so I will try to pump it out- and come back for replies after- miss you all so much, just have to much on my plate right now (hunting for college, hunting for an adult program, working, PTA, blahblahblah.....)

Drea and I said our goodbyes to the ladies, and then hung around the entrance for a bit for a couple of memorable pics-

Yea, that's right- WE WERE THERE!!:yay:

What can I say, it was an extremely memorable day!! While we were doing this, a crowd was gathering...NO, not to watch Drea and I be Disney Goobers (or maybe just partially). It was because across from us, a girl was having her portrait drawn by a caricaturist.....but, this was not just a funny picture. This was a marriage proposal, as the artist was drawing she and her (hopefully) betrothed with a ring and WILL YOU MARRY ME on the paper-

No pic of the drawing- didn't want to give away what they were trying to do here, so Drea and I (and 100 others) were pretending standing around looking at the Club 33 entrance was just TOO fascinating- well, it kinda is, but you know what I mean- it was so sweet, this proposal- and oh yeah, she definitely said YES!

We headed for the park exit, stopping at the Partners in Crime statue in front of the castle. What's that? It's just partners and not partners in crime? I beg to differ-

LOL!!! I guess those chocolate martinis got our creative juices flowing- the Photopass photographers, BTW, were REALLY excited to do this- aren't we so smart? LMAO- a little more boring in the front of the park, but still sooooo happy!

Drea's family had already left for home, and she had an hour to kill before her Mom arrived to drive her home, and Pods and the boys had gone over to ESPN. So Drea and I stopped at the Uber bar for a night cap- at 5 pm, lol-

Really love hangin there, it is the BEST people watching spot!

We said our goodbyes, and I was off to ESPN....

Where the boys were playing video games and Pods was watching some football, I think. We got a table, and they ate. Some wings-

Steak

Portobello burger-

Bacon Burger-

I have to say, my men were SPENT. They were at vacay MAX- it was the day too far for them. Not me, though! I could have turned around and done the whole thing in reverse again! But, what can I say...I got some stamina!

Up next- the WOC and our last day.....I have to run right now, and I know, I know, you've heard it too many times before- but I will return later today!

Nice to see you back. I've missed your reports. Can't wait to read about Alaska!!

Jodie

Hey my friend! Miss you. Hope you had a great holiday, loved your card.

Sounds like you are super busy. Looking forward to reading about Alaska. 150 days to go for us until we set foot on the Wonder.

Loved the Partners in Crime picture :)

OMG LOOK WHO'S HERE!!!:cheer2:

You are one busy lady! So fun to see you back here.

What a sweet proposal idea! Love the partner pic! I must drink Chocolate Martinis at work - I would be so smart!!!! :lmao: Really great pics of both of you.

Looking forward to your last day - and the beginning of your AK trip! What is on tap for this year?

I know I have a ton more replies before these 3, but I thought I could do them quickly before going on- then go back for the ones from SEPT!! :scared1:

Nice to see you back. I've missed your reports. Can't wait to read about Alaska!!

Jodie

Hi Jodie! Thanks! Alaska is incredible- you will love it- we sure did! There is sooo much to see, all of it glorious!

Hey my friend! Miss you. Hope you had a great holiday, loved your card.

Hi Kristi! :wave2: Thanks, it was busy- loved yours too!Kept thinking this year about how much more I enjoyed LAST year's holidays.....:rolleyes:

Sounds like you are super busy. Looking forward to reading about Alaska. 150 days to go for us until we set foot on the Wonder.

YAY!!!! I wish I was going again- so amazing!!

Loved the Partners in Crime picture :)

Thanks- we did too! :rotfl:

OMG LOOK WHO'S HERE!!!:cheer2:

I know, I know...I hang my head in DISer shame....

You are one busy lady! So fun to see you back here.

Thanks- I was worried you would have all forgotten who I was! :sad:

What a sweet proposal idea! Love the partner pic! I must drink Chocolate Martinis at work - I would be so smart!!!! :lmao: Really great pics of both of you.

LMAO!!! Yes you would be so smart, but I don't think your boss would appreiate your methods!

Looking forward to your last day - and the beginning of your AK trip! What is on tap for this year?

May WDW for 2 nights then 5 night Magic cruise with Joan and Evie....a ton of baseball somewhere in the south in the month of July- probably North Carolina and Atlanta....WDW 2 nites then Fantasy Western in August before Tyler heads off to college :sad:....another visit to Fort Walton Beach, Fla....a November 2 nites pre-cruise in Puerto Rico, than a Celebrity cruise to the Southern Caribbean just couples (us, Joan and Peter and another). :yay: What are you planning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter