Calling all Cat Lovers: are there feral cats in WDW?

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
Hi! I just read an article from a local paper about the cats in Disneyland. The article says that there is a population of about 200 feral (i.e. stray) cats in Disneyland that are fed and cared for (neutered/spayed) because they keep the rodent population under control. Does anyone know if this exists at Disney World?? I am a cat lover and hope to hear that if there is a cat population at WDW, they are well cared for! Would love to hear more about it if anyone knows!:cat:

No the gators eat them.:lmao:

It's just a convinient rumor that they are in Disneland to control rodents.

Apparently they are in DL but not DCA.

I'm not sure which trip it was - but we saw a little black kitty in the greenery between the train station and that first building on the right in the MK (it's a kinda sloped/banked area leading up to the train tracks). It's fenced area so we couldn't reach/touch it & I kept hoping it wouldn't go near the train tracks.

I think it was on the resort thread but I saw a picture of an orange kitty at the Poly. I too am a cat lover, I only have 7.

I actually read that Yes there are Feral cats at WDW to take care of rodents in a book called the Hidden Magic of WDW. So I guess if I believe what I read the answer would be yes.

We saw two kitties during our stay at Pop Century this past December. They were very sweet and did seem taken care of. Reading about this now helps it all make sense of how they got there and why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter