Calling all Disney Locals

idontknow

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what time the grocery stores close on Thanksgiving day?

We arrive at MCO around 10am. (fingers crossed) I know that here in Indiana the grocery stores usually close around 1pm on holidays. Is it the same in Orlando/Kissimmi? Or since Orlando is a vacation destination, the groceries stay open on holidays? We really need to hit the grocery the day we arrive, because the next 2 days will be spent in the parks. Can someone let me know?

Just about everything in Orlando and Florida for that matter are opened late. I know for sure the Goodings stores in Orlando are 24 hours. The one at LBV is great. Lovely store with everything. Just expect to pay a bit more because of location. Also plenty of Publix Supermarkets around but I believe Goodings the only 24 hour store. There are several locations in Orlando. Thanksgiving Day should not affect their hours as we've gone during Christmas Day and still open!

Thank you missnancy! I was pretty sure we could get to the grocery before it closed, if it did, but wasn't positive. If they don't close that would be wonderful. Well, not for the people that have to work. (I always hated working holidays) Can you tip the cashiers? LOL

Oh no! Walmart is open, too? Guess I'll need to bring another empty suitecase along. ;) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter