Calling all Princess 1/2 Marathoner's! Check in here! *UPDATE* PRE-RACE MEET INFO!

Which hotel are you staying at or thinking of staying at?

• All Stars (Movies)*

• POP or other All Stars

• CBR*

• POFQ

• POR

• Saratoga Springs

• POLY*

• Beach/YC

• AKL

• Coronado Springs

• Boardwalk

• Off property/or other hotel not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Welcome to the party Donna!!!

I will be updating this page tomorrow! :)

Caitsmama, you had better take me off the list as I can not enter as Disney say that I must complete the 1/2 in 1:45!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel really dumb now, went and read the Marathon info thread here and discovered that now I'll probably be in the last corral and take forever to get across the start line. Yep, honest Abe here said it'd take 3:20 to finish. :rolleyes1 I can't help but feel discouraged in a way, afraid I'll do all this training and get sweeped for a variety of reasons, one being my corral start. Don't get me wrong, I'll be lucky to finish in 3:20. I don't think I am making a lick of sense---Oh well, I am really looking forward to this challenge, and not going to let it get me down.

Welcome home to DVC Donna! I decided to cancel our May trip of next year, and just stay the week of the Princess. Crunching the numbers to afford 2 trips in 2 months time (points and cash needed) was making my head spin. We'll be staying somewhere the weekend to save on points--we usually always do this. You will find little ways to save points here and there. March is high point season, think we'll be at OKW. ;)

skyo- i am confused??...

Rozzie -- you are timed by your CHIP time, as to when you will cross -- so, your chip time doesn't start til you yourself cross the start line -- they understand that the slower people (like me) will be in the back and need more time, but it is all done for a reason - so we slower folks don't get run over!!! LOL
But, as i said,,i am pretty sure it goes by your shoe chip time and not the gun start time. ;) So, you will be fine.. we'll get thru all this together! Besides, when you see all the lime green shirts, it totally helps pull you thru.

Syko, you have 3.5 hours to complete the half marathon race. That is a 16 minute mile pace.

Hi Rozzie! :goodvibes When I did the 1/2 this past January, I completed it in 3 hours and 19 minutes and I was sooooo proud. There were plenty who finished after me too, like 1200-1500 people. You really can do this. I am thinking of doing it too. I went to the last Minnie marathon and took my mom for a girls only trip and we had a great time!! I just wish they had turned the Minnie into the half. I guess a tiara medal won't be a bad thing though :cutie:

Syko, you have 3.5 hours to complete the half marathon race. That is a 16 minute mile pace.

I only wish, but Disney have decided that they only want wheelchairs that can complete the 1/2 marathon in 1:45!!!!!!!
If anyone would like to email them and say that this is not fair, I would be forever greatfull.

syko correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't disney give you a shout out at the beginning of the minnie race? didn't they say something like "we hope to see you at the princess in 2009?

Oh, Syko, I apologize! I never dreamed they would give different paces to racers in wheelchairs!! I wish I did know how to help :confused: :mad:

I will email them though!!!!

I only wish, but Disney have decided that they only want wheelchairs that can complete the 1/2 marathon in 1:45!!!!!!!
If anyone would like to email them and say that this is not fair, I would be forever greatfull.

This is definitely not fair! Come on everyone, let's support one of our WISHers and let Disney know that this is not right.
Syko, I really hope that if Disney reverses the time ruling, that you will enter.:goodvibes

syko -wow!!! Can't believe that -- i will definately send out an email..

Skyo - I will send out an e-mail for you when I get home and can access my personal address. It seems like a really unfair situation :(

Pat - I forgot that March is peak season - Spring break! I wonder what the hotel rates will be like. I've never gone during peak before. Hmm... on the one hand, it might be cooler less humid for the race but I wonder what the crowds will be like. I'm like you - I'm only thinking about going because it's the inaugral. Well, I guess I'd better get saving :)

Good luck on your race next weekend! Let us know how it goes.

Hi
I tried to send this via Private Message to Syko, but it wouldn't work for some reason. I just wanted her to know that I sent in an e-mail to Disney, and this is what I wrote:

Hello
My name is Donna Konuch, I live in Tallahassee, FL and have gone to Walt Disney World at least 8 times in the past 3 years. My family holds Seasonal Passes and as of today, we belong to the Disney Vacation Club.

As a hobby, I run marathons and will be participating in the Princess Half Marathon in March of 2009. I understand from a past participant of Disney Marathons, who participates in a wheel chair, that Disney has created an allegedly discriminatory race time for wheel chair racers to qualify.

As wonderful and normally inclusive as Disney usually is, I am completely shocked and appalled by this. It is my hope, and others I am sure, that Disney will not blatantly discriminate against the handicapable, and risk that kind of publicity which may tarnish Disney's normally wonderful reputation.

Please do what you can to make this change and include everyone in your marathon activities, whether they walk, run or wheel.

Yours Sincerely,
Donna L. Konuch
Tallahassee, FL

Just popping in here to say that I've been lurking on this thread, trying to decide whether DOOD and I will do the Princess 1/2, and read the posts about wheelchair pacing requirements. :scared1: Like others, I had no idea!!! I don't know if many WISHers realize that the wheelchair pace is a different one that for runners/walkers. Maybe this information, including the contact person, needs its own thread in case people are interested in responding on an individual basis? Just a thought and it's totally up to what Syko's comfortable with doing.

(And yeah, I know the suggestion on the SC thread about "advocating for generous pacing requirements at Disney events" has gotten some criticism, some of it well deserved, as we try to work out how we might--or might not--implement this idea. Full disclosure: it was my idea, so I'm not exactly unbiased about this issue. Please take my $.02 for what it's worth.)

Anyway, I wanted to tell Syko that I'll be writing an email after I get back from this weekend's race. I certainly hope Disney reconsiders its wheelchair pace requirement.

debra, PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAASE JOIN US!!!! LOL that would rock!!!! :) (uh, ya, no pressure huh??) and good luck on your race!

debra, PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAASE JOIN US!!!! LOL that would rock!!!! :) (uh, ya, no pressure huh??) and good luck on your race!

No pressure--somehow I remember using those words myself. With someone else....with regards to the January events. Now, who would that have been? :rotfl2:

Seriously, DOOD and I are considering it. It's his institution's spring break and we have APs that won't expire until April. It's the expense of another trip--air fair, hotel--and registration fees. What is is $120 for the 1/2 and $40 for the 5K? :scared1:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Just know that I AM seriously considering it, tiara medal and all.

Hi Rozzie! :goodvibes When I did the 1/2 this past January, I completed it in 3 hours and 19 minutes and I was sooooo proud. There were plenty who finished after me too, like 1200-1500 people. You really can do this. I am thinking of doing it too. I went to the last Minnie marathon and took my mom for a girls only trip and we had a great time!! I just wish they had turned the Minnie into the half. I guess a tiara medal won't be a bad thing though :cutie:

Hey Lisa! Nice to "see" you. I so hope you sign up, that way we can finally meet up in person. It would be so nice to put a name with a face after all these years! Thanks for the encouragement on the sweeping. It would be a miracle if I finished under 3:30, that time for your 1/2 is awesome. :thumbsup2 So how can I talk you into coming in March??????? MMnnn???????? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter