Calling all Princess 1/2 Marathoner's! Check in here! *UPDATE* PRE-RACE MEET INFO!

Which hotel are you staying at or thinking of staying at?

• All Stars (Movies)*

• POP or other All Stars

• CBR*

• POFQ

• POR

• Saratoga Springs

• POLY*

• Beach/YC

• AKL

• Coronado Springs

• Boardwalk

• Off property/or other hotel not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank You Everyone :grouphug:

I do feel guilty about high jacking this thread I am happy with the Mods moving my posts into a seperate section if they wish.
My husband has been promised a phone call sometime next week, I am so greatful to everyone who has already and are still writing in support of me, I know it will make a difference.
Once again, THANK YOU. :grouphug:

Syko.

Count me in! I'll be doing the 5k and 1/2. This will be the first time I've signed up for a running event since having my son 17 months ago. I've got a long ways to go to get back into shape, but what better motivation than a race at WDW!:cool1:

I haven't booked a room yet, but will most likely stay at Pop since we are having our "big" trip in Dec. and staying at Poly.

Can't wait to get to know everyone here :)

I just went back and read through the entire thread. I have to say that after reading everyone's posts I am even more excited about this event.

Is it true that you can have strollers for the 5k? That would be great, I'd love to bring my jogging stroller and run with DS.

Everyone seems so nice here and I'm hoping that having the support of everyone will help get me back into running shape and ready for my first event in a few years.

I just went back and read through the entire thread. I have to say that after reading everyone's posts I am even more excited about this event.

Is it true that you can have strollers for the 5k? That would be great, I'd love to bring my jogging stroller and run with DS.

Everyone seems so nice here and I'm hoping that having the support of everyone will help get me back into running shape and ready for my first event in a few years.

Becky, I haven't committed to the Princess half yet, but the inspiration from the WISH Team is amazing. Stay on these boards, join a team and I think you will find the support wonderful. :goodvibes

Count me in! I'll be doing the 5k and 1/2. This will be the first time I've signed up for a running event since having my son 17 months ago. I've got a long ways to go to get back into shape, but what better motivation than a race at WDW!:cool1:

I haven't booked a room yet, but will most likely stay at Pop since we are having our "big" trip in Dec. and staying at Poly.

Can't wait to get to know everyone here :)

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Awesome:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I'll be staying at Pop too.

As a West Coaster, I am jealous of all of you that have a short plane or car ride. I would love to go 1 1/2 months after the Dopey but ..... CA has a lottery:rotfl2:

Has anyone booked POP yet? Mind sharing the rate? I tried getting on the website but it's not allowing bookings that far in advance. I hate calling CRO, I don't know why, I just do. I guess I feel like I'm wasting their time if I'm not going to book right then and there.

So anyone want to share how their workouts are going right now? I'm on the 2nd week of C25K. I've decided to run every other day, and do Yoga in between. I am just so gosh darned stiff I feel like I need it. I am starting to feel better with all the new exercise, it's amazing how it affects me mentally too.

Has anyone booked POP yet? Mind sharing the rate? I tried getting on the website but it's not allowing bookings that far in advance. I hate calling CRO, I don't know why, I just do. I guess I feel like I'm wasting their time if I'm not going to book right then and there.

So anyone want to share how their workouts are going right now? I'm on the 2nd week of C25K. I've decided to run every other day, and do Yoga in between. I am just so gosh darned stiff I feel like I need it. I am starting to feel better with all the new exercise, it's amazing how it affects me mentally too.

I haven't made reservations yet, I am waiting until June because the official Princess site says travel info will be available then. I've never stayed on property during peak season so I don't even want to think about what it might cost:scared1: :scared1:

As far as my work outs go - leading up to the Indy mini/Minnie 15K weekend I was walking Mon, Tues, Thurs for a set number of minutes, and on Sat and Sun for a set number of miles (I was following a modified Marathoning for Mortals program). I am really bad about cross-training and plan to do better at it! Of course I've said that before, but it is important. Now I am sort of recovering/tapering for a half over Memorial Day weekend. It sounds like you are doing great!!

I haven't made reservations yet, I am waiting until June because the official ToT site says travel info will be available then. I've never stayed on property during peak season so I don't even want to think about what it might cost:scared1: :scared1:
!

I just looked at the 08 Rates on Deb's site and I about choked. ($139 for a weekend night) I had no idea Peak Season was that high! That is even a little more than what we pay for a Mod for the weekends during off season. Maybe I could at least get a AAA rate or something. Did they offer discounted rooms for the other races?

jakenjacksmom--Right click on the image, save it somewhere in your computer (wherever you usually save images/pictures) then upload in photobucket. Maybe someone can help you a little more, I am so not tech savy!

Hey Lisa! Nice to "see" you. I so hope you sign up, that way we can finally meet up in person. It would be so nice to put a name with a face after all these years! Thanks for the encouragement on the sweeping. It would be a miracle if I finished under 3:30, that time for your 1/2 is awesome. :thumbsup2 So how can I talk you into coming in March??????? MMnnn???????? ;)

The best sales job you can do, Rozzie, is saying you will be there! You are so down to earth and I have been worrying about a "princess" race. I told my Mom that I am more of a tomboy and she disagreed, lol! I think she wants to go on another mother - daughter trip like we did for the Minnie! :cutie:

Don't be too concerned if I am scarce for a couple of weeks. I leave on May 22 for WDW and my vow renewal is May 27 - we don't come home till
May 31. I am keeping an eye on this race though and will talk to my mom more. I would also love to meet you in person too :goodvibes

The best sales job you can do, Rozzie, is saying you will be there! You are so down to earth and I have been worrying about a "princess" race. I told my Mom that I am more of a tomboy and she disagreed, lol! I think she wants to go on another mother - daughter trip like we did for the Minnie! :cutie:

Don't be too concerned if I am scarce for a couple of weeks. I leave on May 22 for WDW and my vow renewal is May 27 - we don't come home till
May 31. I am keeping an eye on this race though and will talk to my mom more. I would also love to meet you in person too :goodvibes

I had some misgivings at first on the whole Princess thing too. I wish they had a Mulan Marathon or something, that would ROCK! :laughing: I am a total tomboy too--I have pixie short hair, don't wear makeup, wear high heels once a year, a dress at weddings and funerals. What sold me on the race was 1# it was at Disney. ;) #2 it was a doable training timeframe 3# it was a inaugural event 4# did I mention it would be another trip down?? hehehe...But after I signed up, pasted my pic in my sig, I started really warming up to a tiara medal. Heck, I am down right excited about it!!!!! Have a great vow renewal trip, I remember when you first started planning it. Can't wait to hear all about it. :goodvibes

Well, I am more girlie than you because I would look scary leaving the house without makeup :rotfl: I've seen pix of you though, and you're positively cute without makeup :cutie: But I really think of myself as a tomboy - I run, DH and I love to go hiking and I purely hate to wear dresses and skirts - yuck!

Funny thing is though, I am trying real hard to learn how to place a tiara in my hair. I actually bought a skinny one for the vow renewal - its called a sun goddess tiara - nice huh?! But since I don't know how to fix hair in girlish styles :rolleyes1 , I'm having a rough time of it, LOL! I always said I was lucky I had boys cuz I really don't know how to do girls :laughing:

CaitsMama, thanks for starting this thread. I was soo excited when I saw it! My family took part in the Disneyland Half Marathon last year. Although, it was too hot for words, we had fun! We were looking to go back to Disneyland this year, but we may need the extra money to fly across country for the Princess Half Marathon instead! I will let you know whether or not I have convinced myself that I can train for the half marathon. :rotfl: In the meantime, I am going to train for the 5k and convince my husband that we should go!

CaitsMama, thanks for starting this thread. I was soo excited when I saw it! My family took part in the Disneyland Half Marathon last year. Although, it was too hot for words, we had fun! We were looking to go back to Disneyland this year, but we may need the extra money to fly across country for the Princess Half Marathon instead! I will let you know whether or not I have convinced myself that I can train for the half marathon. :rotfl: In the meantime, I am going to train for the 5k and convince my husband that we should go!

Come join us!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Put DianeL and I on the list for the 1/2. Diane may do the 5k also. I haven't decided about that one yet.

Now I need to go and smack Diane upside the head for talking me into this one!!! (jk!) The more we talked about it, the more I realized this is a race I really don't want to miss. How did I get myself into this? I thought running was supposed to be an inexpensive sport. :rotfl2:

Well, I was considering signing up for this and was really hesitant because I didn't know anyone else that was running. However if Diane is going to be there with at least one of her Pals then I think I will have to sign up.

I am starting from couch potato status. Once a year, I run/walk a 5k with no training. I was a runner in high school but did the sprints. However, I've been looking at many different training sites and I know I can do this if I commit to it. I've overcome my last hurdle (not knowing anyone else in the race).

This is the week that we go to Disney every year anyway. It doesn't affect our travel plans at all other than adding two extra days at Disney. We usually leave on Saturday but will leave on Monday instead.

I want to run the full marathon in January 2010. I've considered running a marathon and have decided I want to set a goal of running it before my 50th birthday. That is November of 2011.

For those of you that are doing both the 5K and the 1/2, what is the motivation for doing both?

For those of you that are doing both the 5K and the 1/2, what is the motivation for doing both?

Honestly, I just do it because it's fun -- and it's usually another colorful vinyl medal to add to my collection.

Good luck with your running goals -- and :welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter