Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ennazus

DIS Veteran
I notice that there are several Halloween Cruisers here and was wondering what DCL has in store for Halloween? We will be on the 10/26 cruise.

Edit 9/2/02
*~*~*~*WELCOME ABOARD! *~*~*~*

What started with an innocent question about Halloween on the Magic has turned into quite the party!! Please join us if you will be cruising on 10/26/02 on the Magic!!
:) :p :)

I'm sure it would be difficult for anyone just joining our party to read 50 plus pages and although you are quite welcome to do so, I will offer you the Cliff Notes version with just the highlights.

Please note... that these activities are optional and you can pick and choose the ones you would like to join. It's NOT an all or nothing deal.

*Several of us plan on meeting the night before at the Radisson. We will have a little gathering, probably pool side to meet each other. Depending on what time people arrive, we might also go out for a dinner together! What a great way to start our trip (provide the travel to FL doesn't exhaust me! ;) )

*Meeting at the port prior to embarkment
You may bring a goodie to share from your area of the world. For instance, I may bring salt water taffy because that is popular in Maine.

*Sail Away Party-green leis and American Flags for the sail away on Deck 10 Starboard and we JUST MAY have our photo taken by Shirley of The Perfect Gift so that she can post it for our scrapbooks, etc

*Monday Oct 28, ressie times between 11-11:30 a.m for Brunch at Palos (adults only) Contact Ginger with your name & stateroom and she can link the reservations.

*TRICK-OR-TREATING ON THE DISNEY MAGIC
WHEN: Thursday, October 31, 2002

TIME: 11:00 a.m.

STARTING POINT: Children and parent(s) meet on Deck 3, Lobby by Guest Services. Once everyone has arrived we will then proceed to find our first victim. We will have maps available for the children to find the staterooms who will be handing out treats and door signs to help identify these rooms also.

Don't forget if you haven't signed on please do so quickly so the maps can be completed. Contact "Ginger" , Lynne "njfamily" or Debby "masonpips" we'll see that you get added.

Lunch to follow at Lumiere's or Parrot Cay. We'll have to vote on this matter. Lumiere's or Parrot Cay for the Seafood Buffet which is normally served on Thursdays.

This event will only take about an hour for those who have children participating and even less for those who do not. Please let Lynne or Debby know so that we all can get a head count.
The lunch does not require reservations.

*Post card exchange- bring a post card from your part of the country/world to exchange with others. What a neat way to learn about each other and other parts of the country and world!

Remember, no obligaton--each family participates as they wish.
If you are interested, please let one of the powers to be know. :)

After all these tempting tidbits... I bet you are just dying to read 50 plus pages, aren't you! ;) )

Hi there!
We are on the 10/26 Halloween cruise, too. Me (38), DH (42), DD (9), and DS (6). From what I've read, there is trick-or-treating on board and many people dress up.
However, if the dining themes stay as they are, formal night is on Halloween. I hope they switch the formal and semi-formal nights for our cruise, so we can enjoy the special "holiday". It would be bizarre to see half the people dressed up in formal wear and half dressed in costumes!!! I can see our photos now - DH and me in tux and gown, the kids dressed as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum or something... :eek: I have been thinking about our costumes since last summer and I'll be so bummed if we have to choose!

Hi Halloween Cruisers,
I received this letter last year from Disney Cruise Lines about the Halloween Cruise.

Dear Disney Magic Guest:

Thank you for choosing Disney Cruise Line. We look forward to sailing with you this fall during Halloween and have planned several "spooktacular" events that will be taking place onboard the Disney Magic.

During your voyage, we will host themed events for all ages and feature Trick-orTreating throughout the ship. Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes for these special events. There will be a costume contest on one evening with prizes being awarded based on the following catergories:

Funniest
Scariest
Best Group
Most Original
Most Disney

More information on themed party dates, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom. All Guests are invited to wear costumes, however, we ask that you choose costumes which are not obstructive or offensive.

Again, we look forward to saililng with you and hope you have a magical cruise.
Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew of Disney Cruise Line

I admit I'm obsessed about this Halloween thing, but FYI,

Disneystore.com has lots of Halloween items on clearance now, including costumes. They also have "Halloween-in-a-box" that has Mickey/Donald/Goofy (?) Halloween decorations in it for only $4.99! I ordered one to decorate our cabin door.
I also got some little surprises to give the kids each morning. I've ordered the Admiral Mickey and Sailor Goofy set ($6.99) and also got a set of four mini bean bags in Halloween costumes (in a Jack o'lantern for $5.99). Of course, I used the code fo the 15% discount, so I think I did pretty well!!:pinkbounc

I am sure we'll all be chatting about our upcoming cruise for the next 6 months so I'll start the intros.

I am Ginger, DH is Bill and DD Ashley who is 5. This will be our 5th Disney cruise, 3 on the Magic and 1 on the Wonder. This will be our 2nd Halloween Cruise. We're still undecided about costumes and decorations.
As things stand for now we will be driving to Fl., arriving the day before staying at the Radisson near the port.
I started getting excited and obsessed about this cruise the minute I booked it, Nov. 2000. Last year was a mercy cruise, my DH knew I couldn't wait till this one. He couldn't either.

Now if those folks that are going on the first Western cruise would just get going and come back with all the details we'd be set.
Looking forward to meeting everyone here on this board and aboard. Lots of fun ahead of us.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi!

We will also be on the Halloween Western Cruise. My DH and I will be traveling with our DD who will be 5 and our DS who will be 3 at cruise time. Also traveling with us will be my husband’s parents and his sister. This will be our first Disney Cruise. We plan to spend a few days at the parks prior to the cruise but have not yet made any arrangements, still doing research on where to stay and how to get there. Our kids are so excited; my daughter asks to watch the DCL video almost daily.

NJ family
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We'll be flying in on morning of the 25th, renting from Avis, and staying at the Raddisson.
This is my DH (Mark) and my second cruise - we did a honeymoon to Bermuda on Celebrity eleven years ago. We never really considered ourselves "cruise"-type people, but I got completely sucked in by Disney marketing when I started planning our trip to WDW in May. I decided we HAD to do the cruise, but we both thought 4 days wasn't enough time, so we decided on two Disney trips this year. We're headed to WDW May 9- 15th, then back for the cruise in October. We print money in our garage....:eek:

Maggie (9) and Luke (6) also watch the video and/or the old CD-ROM pretty much daily. They are so excited about the cruise that I'm beginning to wonder if they would really care if we didn't go to the World next month.

I'm still trying to think of clever costumes that are simple, cheap, and don't take up much packing space.

I feel for those inagural cruisers - they'd better have very detailed cruise reports for everyone!

Are there going to be halloween activities on the three day cruise? It leaves on halloween this year. I really want to go but haven't really made any plans yet. What is the weather like at this time is it still huricane season? Thanks

Sorry one more question. On any of the halloween cruises are there any special teen activities? Thanks Again!

DSNYEXP I am sure the Wonder will have halloween activities just like the Magic does with costume contest and parties.

Things that went on, on the Magic from last years Navigator, Costume Contest, Family Spooky Spy Party, Family Halloween Dance, Halloween Glow Party with kids 8-12, Ghost Tales,Midnight Mischief which was an Adult Musical Comedy, Halloween Bash Adults only party. There were activities going on in the kids clubs but they are not announced in the Navigator.

I would not let the weather stop me from going. It was pretty good last year, but we didn't make it to Castaway Cay there was a storm coming in and the winds were blowing to hard. Hopefully we'll make it this year.

My DD Ashley is happy knowing that she will have DIS friends joining her in the Oceanears Club. She wants to be a Fairy Princess. Last year our family went as the Flintstones.

I hope everyone from here will be participating in our Halloween Hunt for the staterooms Trick-or-Treat. Do we have any talented people among us? I sure hope so. I know you will not mind me telling you some of the things that we did last years. A very talented group, one lady made buttons for everyone, she charged $1. for each to cover her expenses and shipping cost. We're fortunate to have "Pryd" sailing with us again this year. He made tee-shirts for those of us who wanted them, again the cost was to cover his expenses plus S&H. Another lady made us all a gift, landyards so we could keep track of our Key to the World Cards. One family organized our T-or-T making special antique looking maps with riddles leading us to the staterooms. I linked reservations for those who wanted to dine together everynight. One family staying in Cat. 3 with concierge service made reservations for the adult to have Brunch at Palo's, 22 people. Alot of work went into last years cruise. I think everyone will say it was well worth all the planning we did, right here on this board. My families best cruise yet.
I know that this year will be just as good with us working together. So O.K. you guys let's do our homework and make those plans.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

Don't think I'm pushy, please!

Wow!! Not pushy at all, Ginger!! Sounds like fun!!

I love the Mickey Mouse Halloween Party in a box!! I ordered it!! That will be great for the room!! Thanks for sharing! That is soo perfect!

We have 4 going two adults, ds 7 y.o. turning 8 on the cruise and dd turning 20 on the day we disembark!! How exciting... 2 birthdays & Halloween!!

Well now you have just a taste of Ginger's unending enthusiasm. I must say, that she had the same gusto the entire cruise. This years Halloween Cruise is forming up to be better than Last year. Maybe we might make CC this time too.

Just an introduction, I am Pryd and I did, will do, the Special Halloween Cruiser shirts this year. We need more talented people to spice up the Witches Brew on the Wonder. So lets Rally behind Ginger and get started on making some Spooky plans for this years cruise.

We think we are going to do a couple of non-Disney excursions, so I volunteer to coordinate those. There is a lot of info out there, and sure to be more when the Western itinerary gets going. I'll put together a list of things to do with contact names/numbers/websites, and will even arrange group rates, special times, etc., for anyone who'd like to do them as a group.
The people who put together Pirates Week in Gr. Cayman and Fantasy Festival in Key West have me on their mailing lists, so I'll include what's happening for those events when we're in port.

aks22 that sounds great. I've been looking into things to do while at Cozumel and frankly I am lost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Last year some of us went to Anguilla from St. Martin it was a great day, one I'll never forget thanks to a big black hairy spider.

Disney brochure made no mention of no spiders bugs or insects at any port - not allowed on my cruise! :( Although I am leaning towards the jeep jungle excursion on Cozumel, but hadnt considered the bugs issue. Good point!
We are not lie-on-the-beach people and would rather do something unique to the destination. But I'll find what I can and everyone can choose what works for them.

Andrea

Andrea we're beach people, Ray & Tony will tell you that going to the beach with me is a unique experience. From Tarantulas to unexpected glass bottom boat ride with the most beautiful under water life you'll ever see. BTW I was sitting on Hairy's favorite beach lounge.
If you do the Jeep excursion don't forget to take some bug juice along, I've read that you will need it.

:)

This will be our second Disney cruise. We went on a 4 day Wonder cruise in November '99. We (me, DH & DD 9) are using DVC points for a cat 7 cabin. Our friends (2 families 4 adults & 2 children) will be in 2 of the secret porthole cabins.

We bought my daughters costume on clearance at the Disney Store right after Halloween last year. The only problem is that is is a full Eeyore costume. I am afraid that she may be too hot. But for $7.50 I could not pass it up and she really loves Eeyore. It even talks...

I dont want to wish the spring and summer away but I really cant wait to go!!!!

Hi Ellen, We are also in a secret porthole room, 5524. Do you think they will be posting on this board? I would like to get to know my neighbors too.

I am starting to make a list that will help us as our cruise gets closer. Things I'll need: 1. Who's staying the night before at the Radisson, Port Canaveral.
2. What is your stateroom number.
3. Who's traveling with you, names first and last if your the posting family, childrens first name or nick name, their ages. If your freinds are not posting but wish to participate in any of our activities, such as Brunch at Palo's or Trick-or-Treating we'll need the same info about them.

This list will help all of us plan our group activities. Don't worry we will not consume much of your time on the cruise. Our offical "DIS Meet", an Adult Brunch at Palo which I guess we'll have on Monday our first full day at sea. Trick-or-Treat and lunch with the kids which I guess we can have on Thursday, you can pick and choose or do all or none. Boy! Not having 2 days in a row at sea is going to make things hard. If anyone has a suggestion please let us know.
If you don't feel comfortable posting you can PM or email me.

We are planning on staying the night before at the Radisson (got the FALL special! :) ) We don't have our air yet, so I don't know when we'll be arriving.

Suzanne 30-something ;)
Ron 30-something +2 ;)
Cheryl 19 (turning 20 on 11/2)
Joshua 7 (turning 8 on 10/29)

Room 7576

I received my Mickey/Halloween decorations yesterday from the Disney store!! So I've now officially started packing for Oct! LOL!! (ok, I really just put the box aside and marked it "Cruise")

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter