Calmest place to sit on 7DMT?

I am a coaster chicken and have ridden this several times. At first I always requested the fronting the cast members are very accommodating. Since you go slow during the first part of the downhill portion until the back of the train crests the hill, it felt less scary to me. I don't mind going fast, just not the feeling of falling down the hill. Now I am able to ride it in whichever car we are put in and i enjoy it!

The physics of the blog make sense. The last car is going to have a whipping effect to it as it speeds up over the hill.

Yes, this is correct. It's not a matter of varying speeds or acceleration, but rather of where one is at the point the train starts accelerating (on an up or a down portion of track). It's always a wonder to me when it is said that the back moves faster than the front. If it did, the back would run into the front.

To the OP, one thing that can affect 7DMT is the weight of the riders in your particular car. This is because the swinging effect could be more pronounced depending on the makeup and weight distribution. I doubt it would make a whole lot of difference. I am not sure how sensitive the system is to weight, but I'd guess not much. Still, a little more mass in the car might get it swinging just a bit harder.

Last edited:
I've ridden this ride in most of the different car areas and I never once felt the "loose your stomach" sensation. I know everyone has their own experiences / opinions on the mildness, but to me 7D is a "kids ride" versus a roller coaster.

I am a ride wimp and I have motion sickness. I take zofran, wear sea sickness bands and chew ginger gum! So I have been on this ride multiple times and a bunch of times in a row. I always wait for the front car.
Once my kids asked me to ride further back because they love coasters and 7D is cute for them but that's it. We were in the middle that time and I remember the car rocking back and forth a lot. It did seem a bit faster to me too. Still smooth but I prefer the 1st car :)

If anyone ever finds an un-calm seat on this ride, please let me so I can ride in it. I almost answered 7DMT for the thread about the best place to take a nap at WDW.

I'm a ride wimp and I did this several times on my last trip with DH (liked the front better, but still hate those drop/fast feelings). I've decided I don't want to do it again. Same with BTMRR; I always do it once or twice a trip, but no more. We are going with the whole family next fall and I have decided I don't want the stress anymore. :idea: That said, I wish I could love all the rides!!! I'm such a party-pooper when it comes to the thrills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter