Can an urgent-care clinic issue a 90-day recovered letter?

Wanted to update this: I used MDAnywhere today for my 90 day recovery letter. I answered several questions regarding when I first had symptoms, what symptoms I had, when I tested positive, other medical conditions I have, etc. They required I upload a selfie taken today, a photo of my driver's license to verify my identity, and a photo of the test results (it would not accept a PDF so I had to convert it to a jpeg file). Once I submitted everything I got a notification my letter was ready within 10 minutes. Very easy process. Cost $69.

Also, my son somehow avoided Covid while my husband and I had it, but caught it someplace else. And he just got his first vaccine shot last week too. :(
I hope your little guy is okay! And do you still have time for him to be cleared prior to sailing?

Thank you! He is doing okay other than a bad cough. We sail end of August so we'll be able to get a letter for him too.
I took my son to CVS Minute Clinic. The cost online said $59 but after just filling out paperwork, we were charged a documentation fee of $25 on HSA card. I made reservations 3 days in advance but when we went there was someone signing in with no appointment.

Good luck!

Heads up to anyone trying to use MD Anywhere, someone in my cruise social media group said they wouldn't do a recovery letter for anyone under 18. They tried and got rejected. I don't see anywhere on their website that mentions age.

I took my son to CVS Minute Clinic. The cost online said $59 but after just filling out paperwork, we were charged a documentation fee of $25 on HSA card. I made reservations 3 days in advance but when we went there was someone signing in with no appointment.

Good luck!
Thanks! I took him for a rapid at a drive thru earlier and it came back negative?? So we did another at home test and it was also negative. So confused! He definitely has symptoms. Taking him to his doctor tomorrow.

Thanks! I took him for a rapid at a drive thru earlier and it came back negative?? So we did another at home test and it was also negative. So confused! He definitely has symptoms. Taking him to his doctor tomorrow.
Try a rapid PCR. I tested a few negatives on antigen at home, when I had symptoms and a fever and my husband had already tested positive a few days before. My rapid PCR came back positive.

Try a rapid PCR. I tested a few negatives on antigen at home, when I had symptoms and a fever and my husband had already tested positive a few days before. My rapid PCR came back positive.
We’ll see if his doctor has them. We tested him at home this morning and it was very obviously positive. I took him this afternoon for a rapid antigen at the drive thru place for his cruise letter, assuming it would be positive since his home test was so dark. so he might have just become negative today. Who knows!!!

Wanted to update this: I used MDAnywhere today for my 90 day recovery letter. I answered several questions regarding when I first had symptoms, what symptoms I had, when I tested positive, other medical conditions I have, etc. They required I upload a selfie taken today, a photo of my driver's license to verify my identity, and a photo of the test results (it would not accept a PDF so I had to convert it to a jpeg file). Once I submitted everything I got a notification my letter was ready within 10 minutes. Very easy process. Cost $69.

Also, my son somehow avoided Covid while my husband and I had it, but caught it someplace else. And he just got his first vaccine shot last week too. :(

How did you save the recovery letter to upload to Safe Passage? My husband is having issues. He says it only shows up in a small pop-up window that can't be resized. Thanks

How did you save the recovery letter to upload to Safe Passage? My husband is having issues. He says it only shows up in a small pop-up window that can't be resized. Thanks
Sorry, our cruise isn't until end of August so I haven't done Safe Passage yet. Is he using a PDF or JPEG?

Sorry, our cruise isn't until end of August so I haven't done Safe Passage yet. Is he using a PDF or JPEG?
We haven't tried uploading to Safe Passage yet. Today is the first day we can do that. He had to do a screen grab from his phone. He couldn't figure out anyway to even download the document. I don't know if that will work yet, but I know that you have to use a jpeg to upload the positive test result to Safe Passage, according to someone's post.

We haven't tried uploading to Safe Passage yet. Today is the first day we can do that. He had to do a screen grab from his phone. He couldn't figure out anyway to even download the document. I don't know if that will work yet, but I know that you have to use a jpeg to upload the positive test result to Safe Passage, according to someone's post.
Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood your previous question. It's tricky. So you'll have to go to Messages. There will be a message with the subject "travel note." Click the paper clip on the far right to download the letter. The letter will come up in a pop-up window. Click the arrow icon at the top right, and it will open in a new tab of your browser. Then you should be able to download it as usual. Or you can take a screenshot.

1657118655970.png

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood your previous question. It's tricky. So you'll have to go to Messages. There will be a message with the subject "travel note." Click the paper clip on the far right to download the letter. The letter will come up in a pop-up window. Click the arrow icon at the top right, and it will open in a new tab of your browser. Then you should be able to download it as usual. Or you can take a screenshot.

View attachment 682161
Thanks. I will have him give this a try.

I don't know if this is helpful, but when I sailed on 6/3 on the Dream, I got my recovery letter from a telehealth appointment and it was accepted by safe passage.

We are now within 90 days of our cruise, so this COVID testing/denial at the port is starting to get real.

I am in-between PCPs right now. My previous one recently retired, and I’m not due to see my new one until July for my annual check-up.

If I happen to test positive and recover in time to qualify for a 90-day recovered letter for my cruise, does anyone know if an urgent-care physician can issue that letter? My new PCP is pretty jammed up and it’d probably be a whole lot easier and quicker to go the urgent-care route if possible.

Plz and thx.
Family member in similar situation, I had them retested after 2 weeks, mild cold for them, showing a negative test. Took both to a walk-in clinic along with a screenshot of what needed to be in letter and they typed it up. Testing was free as he was positive before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter