CAN at Par passes

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We always purchase our park hoppers that don't expire since we aren't sure if we can get down to Orlando every year (although the past 4 years we have!) This year we are taking the baby in April/May, so for those of you who usually purchase the CAN at Par hopper passes - buy one, get second at half price:

1. Is it calculated using CAN prices or US prices?
2. Are they only available at Disney stores? We buy our passes through Sears Travel and our TA gets them at Holiday House or World of Vacations - whichever is cheaper.
3. Now that the dollar is doing so well, does anyone anticipate Disney not offereing CAN at Par passes this year, as they have just come out with the new at par vacation package through Visa?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated since we are looking at all options this year (eg. at par tickets if they are available or packages) - especially since our dollar is doing so well!

Thanks, Tiger aka Piglet's mom

Disney hasn't offered at Par tickets for a few years.The past few years have been buy one get one half price.I am still waiting to see if they will offer these tickets this year(I'm not counting on it since they came out with the at-par package)But maybe they will surprise us.Most years it is around this time that they announce ticket deals.Stay tuned.

I realized my error after I read your message as I wrote my post with my baby in my arms! I know that Disney hasn't offered the At Par passes for the past several years, it's the buy one, get one half price tickets that I'm interested in - I know that historically they are available by Nov. so hopefully that info will come out soon. Sorry about the mix-up with my post!

Tiger aka Piglet's mom

These tickets that you get at a discounted price you can't use them for your next vist. It expires.

I am aware of them not expiring. As my original message states, we are looking at other options besides the normal hopper passes that do not expire. I guess not too many people have taken advantage of the buy one, get one half price tickets since no one has responded with any specific info as of yet.

Thanks anyway, Tiger

We have bought the buy one get one half price before.
We got ours from CAA and they used the US dollar prices.
This time we are going in March and are taking advantage of the at par deal thru Visa.Although I had to make 2 separate ressies for it to work for me.1st and last days and the 5 day package.:bounce: :bounce:

PaulJ-I just put in a request for quote on the At Par Cdn deal through my CAA agent as well. Can you give any $ details?

I am also interested in info regarding the At Par Visa deal. Most of the time packages aren't worth it, so I haven't given this serious consideration. It was my DH who said to price it out because you never know, we might be pleasantly surprised. We always do Disney separately (tickets and hotel) so I don't know much about their packages, but I am assuming that the hotel room is priced at rack rate and the tickets are then just added to the price. We priced it out online doing this, and we got a different price by doing it separately than with the Dream Maker package. I have a baby at home who does not really allow me time on the phone, let alone 30 minutes to spend on the phone with Disney!

For those who have priced it, do you think it's worth it? We will be going last few days of April/first week of May 2004 - baby will only be 11 months old, so she is free. We were wanting to split stay - Pop Century and moderate and perhaps one night at AKL.

Thanks, Tiger

mom_rules-
Our details

Arr march 2 pop century 1night 103.25 USD CAA
mar 3 to 8 pop century at par package 1236.07 USD
mar 9 pop century 1 night 103.25 USD
Total for 7 nights and a 6 day hopper plus is $1442.57 USD
I have wife and 1 child (9) and 1 junior (12)
This seemed like a good deal when compared to buying passes at buy one get one half price at rooms at CAA rate.
Even if room only discounts came out I dont think you could get a better deal.
Oh btw we decided to split our vacation with Universal so hopefully we can finish the vacation with 3 days at Royal Pacific.
Trying to keep this whole trip a secret from the kids is the toughest thing to do!!!!!!
Hope this helps

Paul

Just a quick question because I'm trying to figure out this new visa deal. They state on the Canadian site and on the US WDW site that it is $359 US per adult with a minimum of a 3 nite stay. Does this mean that it is $359 per adult for each of the 3 nites i.e. $359 a day. Or is it $359 for the entire 3 days.

And one more question - what type of payment did you have to make when you booked?

Hope I haven't confused you. Just trying to get the best deal for a 7 night stay in April.

thanks,
rhonda

Tiger926- the Caa special is usually available from the middle of October to May 5-10th. This year though it hasn't came out yet and I phoned CAA this morning. She said to give it another week and call back. The tickets are 311 US for an adult and the second adult is 155 US. Total for 2 adults would be $466 US or with todays exchange rate $629 CDN. Hope this helps.

Rhonda-
To check your specific rate just go to the USA website and book a fast package.
Multiply the price from that site by 0.69 (at par deal) and you will have what you are being charged in US dollars.
Remember if you are arriving in Orlando late and leaving early in the morning then you should make 2 ressies because UPH passes start the day you check in and are good until midnight the day you check out
Hope this helps

Paul :teeth:

Oh I have to pay $200 on my visa in 14 days the rest also on Visa 45 days before

Thanks Hockey mom - this info has helped. My banker husband has now plugged these numbers into his Excel spreadsheet - I thought I was obsessed with Disney!! I do have a few more questions:

1. Where does the $311.00 price come from? The advance price on Disney website is $307.00 plus tax.

2. Is this $311.00 price without tax? What tax is charged?

3. Does CAA charge a surcharge of some kind?

PaulJ - thanks for your info as well. I got a package price last night by multiplying the price by .69. More numbers for my DH's spreadsheet. Anyway, one question in regards to your ressies for Pop Century on Mar. 2 @ $103.25. Where did this number come from? I get a room price of $109.00 plus 11.5% tax. Even with a 10% CAA discount (is it more?), I can't make the numbers work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tiger aka Piglet's mom

Actually I just checked my confirmation and its 103.30 USD.I guess the CAA rate is 15% discount.
Paul

Just one more question - Are the packages quoted with taxes included?

The 311 is what CAA charged last year and that includes tax. You do have to have a CAA membership to order tickets. The bad news is that I just found out that they are not offering a special this year.

I called my local CAA office in Windsor today and she said that obviously with Disney they never quite know specifically what they are going to do, but she did say that if looked as if they would be offering a Buy one, Get Second at Half Off just like the past several years. This promo comes from Disney, so I'm wondering how you heard that "they" aren't offering a similar promo this year? Do you mean that Disney won't be offering Canadian residents any ticket promos at all?

By the way, other travel outlets were offering the Buy One, Get Second at Half off last year - Sears Travel, Holiday House, World of Vacations, but CAA's price of $313.00 USD (I called today and this is what 7 day hoppers are priced at currently) is the best price and when you add the Buy One, Get Second for Half price, it makes it even better! Hopefully they will definitely be doing a ticket promo this year for us loyal Canadian visitors. Any other info that you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tiger aka Piglet's mom

The woman I spoke with today called her head office in Toronto and she said that the info came from Disney. I hope she is wrong because I have been buying this special since 1997. The reason I believe it to be true though is because the tickets have always already been out by this time of year. I think if there is no promotion I will use paramount though. Seven day hoppers are $300 with a character breakfast included. Shipping is $35 but I need 11 so it works out to be $303 per ticket. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

I think that if Disney was going to offer the old deal, it would have been out by now, and they certainly wouldn't have come out with the visa deal. It seems like Disney wants to push their packages, thereby forcing people to stay on-site. What I'm wondering is how many fewer Canadians will visit WDW this year if they don't give us the old promo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter