Can I get a name for the order?

I always use my real name. But my sister always throws something random out at Starbucks. Sometimes this backfires on her, because she has forgotten which name that she's used and it's delayed her getting her coffee.
That would be me, and it’s the reason I rarely lie about anything - big or small. :p I’m not sharp enough to keep all the details straight.

I just use MJ which is pretty easy not to mess up!!! If I say Mary Jane then they repeat back did you say Mary Ann, Mary Ellen, Mary Jo, Mary Sue.....so I just say MJ.

MJ

I pause each time and have the same stupid internal dialogue ..

”Just first name ? Last name too ? Maybe last name too, there could be many piglettos picking up pizza . But wait, who’s picking up the pizza ? DH probably. Probably should have asked him first. Ok, but he always makes me call. If he wants me to call he can pick it up. ok I’ll give Dh’s name . That’s going to sound weird since I’m clearly not a Bob. Just his first name ? Or last name too ?....”

And then I say “Bob.”

This sounds like me.

Usually this is where I end up... If I'm there and giving my name to be called from the counter, I give my first name. It's an easy, one syllable name, that is common but not too common. If I'm calling for pick-up, I give our last name so that it doesn't matter whether my husband or I end up going to get it.

Always our last name. Almost everyone can spell it. You'd have to be really, really dumb not to.

I actually use my phone number at work that only works internally to our company. Easier then haggling with the cashier..........LOL.
That's not what you said:

I just use my first name, don't really see any issue with that. However, there are some stores who still want your phone # when making an in-person purchase, no idea why. Loew's & Bed/Bath/Beyond are two examples that come to mind. For them I just make up a phone #.....LOL. Am sure they end up selling those lists of phone #'s to some third party who will call trying to sell you something.

I get it that some can be a bit pushy but I can't say I've ever been tempted to give out a fake number OR a number that won't work (because it's an internal use number). I just decline and move on. No need to make it more complicated :flower1:

I was speaking in general, but clarified the exact nature of the 'made up' # since you asked. Clearly that number doesn't work outside of our company, so that is why I said it was made up. Some stores seem to want information I think is unnecessary, so I don't care to haggle with a cashier who clearly isn't the one who made up these requests. Others can choose to do whatever is best for them.

I was speaking in general, but clarified the exact nature of the 'made up' # since you asked. Clearly that number doesn't work outside of our company, so that is why I said it was made up. Some stores seem to want information I think is unnecessary, so I don't care to haggle with a cashier who clearly isn't the one who made up these requests. Others can choose to do whatever is best for them.

You're either giving a fake number (that could belong to someone unless you're using 555 for everything) or you're giving a real number but one that works internally (which I could see could be problematic at some point and is usually against company policies as the number doesn't belong to you but rather the company). Seems hmm I'm not going to say deceitful because it's not that egregious but just doesn't sit well when the alternative of saying no is easy and doesn't cause a dilemma.

Giving a random name for your order is fairly harmless really, but you're giving information to be input to a system. If you won't want whatever place to collect information for a system seems better to just not give any information than going around that with made up (whatever version you're using in that moment) information. I guess I'm just thinking about the other side so I wouldn't really agree with "other can choose to do whatever is best for them".

Enjoy the rest of your day!

I don’t usually give it to sign up for stuff, but some places around here (restaurants, mostly, but even one bank) have started asking for it for contact tracing. I did give my number for that.
Yes this is a situation you should never give out false information. Either decline (which may have consequences like unable to eat a that particular restaurant depending on your area's rules) or give your actual information. Hard enough for the poor contact tracers to even get some information out of people definitely shouldn't make their jobs even harder with incorrect contact information purposefully given incorrectly.

There's a pub up the road where you place your hamburger order at a window off the kitchen and they ask for your name to call you when it's ready. Joe, I said.

I heard, "hey bud, your order is ready" and thought that dude named Bud was pretty lucky to have his order ready.

Yup, the stoner dude behind the window was actually calling me, I guess I was his new "bud" that day!
My dad used to always call everyone "buddy" don't know why but he did

I use my nickname. My real name is a rarer very Hispanic name. It always leads to a big conversation. Oh how do you spell that. Oh it’s such a pretty name. Oh where’d your mom get that name. Where’s the name from. Say it in Spanish for me. It’s too much. So I use my plain nickname lol.

I never use my name because it seems to complicated for people, so I use one of my daughters' names which are very common and easy to spell.
Yeah, I never give my name either. I give my son's name except I just knock off the "Jr." on the end :rotfl2:

The place we call the most when ordering food usually says 'this is for Bud, right?' when we place a cash order. That's my late uncle's name and we just have never bothered to correct it. Otherwise, since we pay with a debit card we give our real names.
When we bought our house, out in the middle of nowhere, all we had was a local pizza shop and could get it delivered. For 3 years until it burnt down, I ordered for delivery to "Jack's old place" as everyone knew the previous owner. Trying to explain the first time where I was was a chore until they finally got it and asked, "Oh, did you buy Jack's old place?" From then on it was "Jack's old place."

I always use Star Wars names....

Lately it's been Mandalorian.... "Can you spell that?...." "Sure...Just like it sounds M-A-N-D-A-L-O-R-I-A-N.....It's Italian..."

Some people catch it and give a quick chuckle, but most never even get the references...Which is a little sad....

I work at SBUX and I appreciate the fun fake names.... It's just so you can identify your order, so as long as you remember what name you used, it's all in good fun.
And despite what people think (i get asked about this at least once a week), we don't misspell names on purpose. lol

I work at SBUX and I appreciate the fun fake names.... It's just so you can identify your order, so as long as you remember what name you used, it's all in good fun.
And despite what people think (i get asked about this at least once a week), we don't misspell names on purpose. lol

So, just did a quick Google search. I will be using the following last name from "Hubert B. Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff ", supposedly claimed as the longest last name in 1964.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter