Can I prepay my 2023 annual dues?

Yeah I think I'm on team @sethschroeder and @Judique. I don't understand why anyone would prepay their dues. Unless you get some kind of discount by doing so. It seems like you are just letting someone hold your money for free, until it's used to pay a bill.

However in the spirit of cooperation, I want to put out there that I will do this for all DVC members. If all DVC members send me their dues money now, I will send all of it back to you in January free of charge. You can send me advance payments for the next 10, 20, 50 years if you want.
Here’s the thing. Even with rising interest rates, the amount of money you’d lose in interest by paying dues early is minuscule...unless you try to invest it, buy and sell at the exact right time (good luck on that), and then deal with all the taxes and paperwork, and that’s assuming the market goes up! If it goes down, better to use the funds to pay the entire due balance early. I guess if one tries to pay several years in advance one could lose some decent interest, but I’m talking about one year’s worth of dues six months in advance.

What you do gain, at least for me, is a somewhat satisfying sense that a big bill coming up has already been paid. Of course one could just put the money aside and pay when it’s due. It’s almost six on one, half a dozen on the other, as they say.

Gift cards can be easily stolen. It can be more secure to prepay than to safeguard them for several months. You can keep them online, but that can be hacked as well.

Thanks for the info on prepaying!

Kroger gives discount on gas, but it expires after one month! Will buy $250 per month for next 3-4 months. 4x points for a total of 1,000 points and a Dollar off per gallon!

Last year saved $129.00 on gas by using Disney gift cards to pay my dues!

Being from the UK, I want to avoid exchange currency fees.

So when I rent points, I always use the $ to pay annual dues. I am already in credit for my 2024 dues.....

So yes, its no issue to be in credit

I buy a gift card from Sam's each month and add it to my account. I don't want a huge bill at Christmas. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter