Can I prepay my 2023 annual dues?

mcnugget15

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if I am able to pay my 2023 dues in advance??

I know I won't know exactly what the total amount will be until later but am I able to deposit an amount so that I don't owe so much in January 2023??

I believe you can do this.
Another option would be to purchase discounted Disney Gift Cards throughout the year. You can get 5% off at target by using a Target debit or credit card. Then use the gift cards to pay your dues in January.

Just wondering if I am able to pay my 2023 dues in advance??

I know I won't know exactly what the total amount will be until later but am I able to deposit an amount so that I don't owe so much in January 2023??

Yes you can prepay online. Just keep in mind that once you pay it is non-refundable even if you decide to sell your contract. Member accounting told me the credit on your account/contract (from pre-paying) will carry forward with the contract.

Even if your bank account gets like .00001% that is still money you will make by holding it in your savings.

The only reason I can see for prepaying for the next basically 18 months is if you are trying to remove money from your personally held accounts to basically hide it.

I would ask your bank/credit union if you can setup multiple savings accounts, label it DVC, put the money in there, and then buy a $500 card from Target/Sams every so often for a discount to then apply to the account to stay ahead of the dues.

Thanks everyone

How is the best way to pay the dues in advance?

I went onto the "My Annual Dues' section of the DVC website this morning to check out if it was easy to pay. The website only give me 2 options - "Pay Balance" or "Pay By Contract". The Pay Balance option doesn't work as the current outstanding balance on our two contacts is zero.

Do I have to use the "Pay By Contract" option and just nominate an amount for each? Or do I have to call/chat with member services?

Thanks everyone

I went onto the "My Annual Dues' section of the DVC website this morning to check out if it was easy to pay. The website only give me 2 options - "Pay Balance" or "Pay By Contract". The Pay Balance option doesn't work as the current outstanding balance on our two contacts is zero.

Do I have to use the "Pay By Contract" option and just nominate an amount for each? Or do I have to call/chat with member services?

Yes you have to do it by contract. You’ll see a credit on your membership afterwards.

Thanks everyone

Yes, choose Pay by Contract. The page will then refresh and allow you to apply any amount you like to any contract you want. You can pay by various methods. We like to buy Disney GC with the Target Red Card discount.

Thanks again everyone

Unfortunately we live in Australia so don't have the option of buying the discounted Target gift cards. Does anyone know of an online retailer that sells discounted gift cards that we could purchase from Australia?

Also we aren't eligible to apply for the Disney credit card either. We really do miss out in Australia.

Thanks again everyone

Unfortunately we live in Australia so don't have the option of buying the discounted Target gift cards. Does anyone know of an online retailer that sells discounted gift cards that we could purchase from Australia?

Also we aren't eligible to apply for the Disney credit card either. We really do miss out in Australia.

I'm agreeing with @sethschroeder that you should put your funds in an account and pay closer to the due date. There's just no value to you in paying earlier.

For myself I pay as I collect Disney Gift Cards from all sources, but, for 2023, I won't add those funds until the dues are posted. edit:

I pay as collected because I don't want a large sum of DGC's hanging around in accounts that could get hacked, or whatever, or hard cards sitting in my desk.

I use credit card offers to get DGC's as they come along and for this year, I estimate I'll finish paying by October, but should have saved quite a bit from all programs that I designate dues as the place the saved money goes. I try to get a minimum of 10% off my Disney cards and have been doing up to 25% but that's an outlier.

Do you have any credit cards that give cash back? Those could be funds that you claim as a discount on your dues.

Yeah I think I'm on team @sethschroeder and @Judique. I don't understand why anyone would prepay their dues. Unless you get some kind of discount by doing so. It seems like you are just letting someone hold your money for free, until it's used to pay a bill.

However in the spirit of cooperation, I want to put out there that I will do this for all DVC members. If all DVC members send me their dues money now, I will send all of it back to you in January free of charge. You can send me advance payments for the next 10, 20, 50 years if you want.

PSA: Posters have been banned for using the DIS to advertise or promote their business. ;) ;) :teeth:

Serious requests for advertising can be directed to corey@disneyinfo.com for consideration.

I'm agreeing with @sethschroeder that you should put your funds in an account and pay closer to the due date. There's just no value to you in paying earlier.

For myself I pay as I collect Disney Gift Cards from all sources, but, for 2023, I won't add those funds until the dues are posted. edit:

I pay as collected because I don't want a large sum of DGC's hanging around in accounts that could get hacked, or whatever, or hard cards sitting in my desk.

I use credit card offers to get DGC's as they come along and for this year, I estimate I'll finish paying by October, but should have saved quite a bit from all programs that I designate dues as the place the saved money goes. I try to get a minimum of 10% off my Disney cards and have been doing up to 25% but that's an outlier.

Do you have any credit cards that give cash back? Those could be funds that you claim as a discount on your dues.
This is exactly what I wanted to do. Accrued a bunch of gift cards at 15% off or more and wanted them off my hands in case those cards get hacked, or more likely I spend them on shopdisney or something!

This is exactly what I wanted to do. Accrued a bunch of gift cards at 15% off or more and wanted them off my hands in case those cards get hacked, or more likely I spend them on shopdisney or something!

That you can do! But, I wouldn't put any non discounted money into paying down until it's due. I usually manage to pay most with cards, and having the opportunity, if I don't have any cards and the monthly pay by time has a balance that will be collected automatically, I'll drop past a store (Staples) with a 5% card (Chase CIC card) and grab what's needed. That currency can be cash back in my pocket.

If you think the exchange rate is going to get worse then by all means pay it early. But if there is a possibility that it gets better then I wouldn't pay early, just set the money aside and pay in January.

Yes you have to do it by contract. You’ll see a credit on your membership afterwards.
Having read this thread, I decided to prepay some of my dues, since the convenience of doing it early and just knowing I’m avoiding a substantial end of year bill outweighs whatever microscopic interest I’d make by delaying the inevitable.

But I have a lot of contracts, and paying a particular amount for each one seemed like an unnecessary step. So, I learned that you don’t have to pay by contract. Accounting told me that once you click on ”pay by contract,” you can just select “apply other amount” to your first contract, and keep adding to that, even if you exceed the dues you think will be owed on that particular contract. Once the dues are calculated and due, that balance of the credit that exceeds what’s owed on that first contract will be applied toward your other contracts’ dues.

Weirdly, they told me that my VGF2 dues that will be calculated and billed in June for the half year will not be taken from that credit, unless I call accounting. No big deal since I’ll probably just pay them separately to keep the end of year credit.

For me, since I’m using a chunk of points right now at Aulani, makes me feel good knowing I’ve reduced that end of year reckoning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter