• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can park reservation be transferred to someone else?

Firepath

DIS Veteran
I have a Poly studio booked for Marathon Week, inactivated APs, and park reservations for our family of four. So far airfares are crazy and we may not go. But it’s a great reservation which I could easily rent out if not for park reservations being required. Can my four existing reservations be transferred to a renters name or should I just let the reservation go if I run out of time to get a decent flight?

I do not believe you can reassign park days to anyone. I know they can be canceled by individual...but have seen nothing else that would allow you to reassign.

I have a Poly studio booked for Marathon Week, inactivated APs, and park reservations for our family of four. So far airfares are crazy and we may not go. But it’s a great reservation which I could easily rent out if not for park reservations being required. Can my four existing reservations be transferred to a renters name or should I just let the reservation go if I run out of time to get a decent flight?
Even if there was a way (like how old versions of the MDE app allowed people to “change party” with Fast passes) I would advise against that. When you make the park reservation you have to agree to Disney terms and acknowledge all their disclaimers about Covid. Since you made the reservations if you could transfer them somehow your renter would not have acknowledged those disclaimers and that would put you in the middle. Not a risk I’d think you’d want to takr for a renter.

I have cancelled several park reservations and moved them to different dates. The only option right now is to cancel once you get into the reservations. No options to move to a different date or transfer to someone else.

My understanding its that the Theme Park Reservations are tied to the ticket media linked in your MDE account. If possible at all, the APs used to make the Park Reservations would need to be reassigned to someone else and I don't know if the Theme Park Reservations already in place would transfer with that reassignment.

Question with this:

my friends family has now changed the dates that they are going to no longer match with ours. I was going to just buy the tickets they already bought their family. Since the ticket would still be the ticket you got the park pass with…it should still work right? The reservation is tied to the ticket so if the total ticket is transferred the park pass would transfer with the ticket?
Park Passes are non transferable... see 2nd paragraph.
View attachment 504991

Question with this:

my friends family has now changed the dates that they are going to no longer match with ours. I was going to just buy the tickets they already bought their family. Since the ticket would still be the ticket you got the park pass with…it should still work right? The reservation is tied to the ticket so if the total ticket is transferred the park pass would transfer with the ticket?

No, the park pass is not tied to the ticket. It is tied to the person as long as they have the ticket.

So, if that person doesn’t have a ticket the park pass won’t be valid. It may still show up on their account but without a ticket it does no good. They should cancel them out themselves.

When the ticket goes to you and you assign them to people, those people will now be eligible to book a park reservation. They will not have one until you do.

[
No, the park pass is not tied to the ticket. It is tied to the person as long as they have the ticket.

So, if that person doesn’t have a ticket the park pass won’t be valid. It may still show up on their account but without a ticket it does no good. They should cancel them out themselves.

When the ticket goes to you and you assign them to people, those people will now be eligible to book a park reservation. They will not have one until you do.

hmmmm gotcha. It just reads as “the guest must use the same admission ticket or pass for park entry that was used to make the Disney park pass”— if it’s the same ticket.. then the park pass would move with the same ticket that was use to make the park pass. I guess we just will have to figure it out.

[

hmmmm gotcha. It just reads as “the guest must use the same admission ticket or pass for park entry that was used to make the Disney park pass”— if it’s the same ticket.. then the park pass would move with the same ticket that was use to make the park pass. I guess we just will have to figure it out.

I know it doesn’t work that way because I have transferred a ticket to another person. The park reservation is for the person.

Once the ticket was moved, I had to book new ones. The old ones were still there for the person who held the original ticket. I just canceled them out after.

I know it doesn’t work that way because I have transferred a ticket to another person. The park reservation is for the person.

Once the ticket was moved, I had to book new ones. The old ones were still there for the person who held the original ticket. I just canceled them out after.

Gotcha. Welp. We will have to figure something out. The reservations/passes are for the 50th @ magic kingdom so we can’t just book new ones when we move the tickets. Siiiigh.

Gotcha. Welp. We will have to figure something out. The reservations/passes are for the 50th @ magic kingdom so we can’t just book new ones when we move the tickets. Siiiigh.

One thing you can try is transfer the tickets, assign them to the new people and get yourself ready to book the park reservations. Have your friend cancel theirs and then you try to pick them up.

The system calendar will not change if people cancel if it’s just a few so you might be able to catch it?

Also, they'll definitely have more park reservations for these dates opening up. Just keep an eye out for that to happen and be ready to grab them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter