Can someone tell me why people would bring children under the age of one

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my style of parenting, this is a disturbing thread. But, hey, to each his own.

Here is my personal take on this. My first DD was 14 mos. when we took her. Does she remember that trip? Who knows! But, when we were burning the tapes we made down there to DVDs the other night, she truly enjoyed seeing herself as a baby at Disney. Matter of fact, my 3 yo DS (who was not born at that point) could not understand why he was not in the "movie". He did not undertand that he had not been born yet. He loved it when he saw himself at 3 months down there on the next tape.

How would I explain to him (when he is a few years older) that he was not in the tape at 3 months because we decided we did not want to bother with him at Disney? No amount of explaining about how "hard" it is to take a baby to Disney would make him feel better, I suspect. I know that if my parents had done that to me, I would have been upset on general principal.

My way of thinking is, if you are part of the family, you go.

And, as others have stated, it is usually the older kids who are more difficult to deal with down there.

Birdmom,

I think we are arguing sematics here. No argument from me that you put breastfeeding at risk. However, absolutely means certainly, doubtlessly, definitely, without fail. And destroy means annihilate, ruin, end. I read your comment to say "you will definitely end the breastfeeding relationship." Not true on the definite part (at least in my experience, and one single woman who has done it would be enough to prove it isn't absolute) and the end part is debatable, but perhaps that isn't what you meant. I think you can agree that as much as traveling without your baby puts the relationship at risk, every nursing experience is unique and that some women are able to successfully travel and maintain supply (and, of course, baby has to be a willing participant in the scheme as well).

I believe the original poster got her answer, quite passionately I might add. :)

This is now turning into a debate on breastfeeding, and this is not the correct forum. Please feel free to continue this on the debate board.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter