Can these Limited Magic events get any worse!

Here is an idea they could run on both coasts, and it would not cost Disney much at all, outside of electricity. Space Mountain with the lights on. That would pack 'em in like crazy! They could also make money hand over fist by offering a shirt commemorating the event.

Here is an idea they could run on both coasts, and it would not cost Disney much at all, outside of electricity. Space Mountain with the lights on. That would pack 'em in like crazy! They could also make money hand over fist by offering a shirt commemorating the event.

ONLY if you add a brand new rockin' sound track to the ride... like Katy Perry.. or Adele.. or One Direction!

Sept 13 at the Disney Studios sounds promising. "Unleash the Villains". If done right, that could be very cool.

I hope your ok from all the arm twisting making you attend LM events. The Voices of Liberty were awesome and anyone who saw them can support that. Clarabelle cow and her buddy Horace were pretty neat, I wasn't real excited about the others so I didn't see them. Something for nothing is something. Lighten up and smell the popcorn.:yay:

"Lowered Expectations Week". Man, I hope they save this for later in the year when we go........ :rolleyes1

Obviously, we have all set our expectations too high. We thought it was "limited edition" magic, implying the events would be rare but very special. How silly of us not to interpret the name correctly... "Limited" magic means the offerings are limited in both quantity AND quality.

I fully understand that Disney doesn't owe us any promotion, but calling some of these things a promotion is laughable. It will be interesting to see if any of our sarcastic suggestions actually turn up during the year. Sadly, some of the sincere suggestions are pretty good (lights on for SM, etc .) and those will probably never come to pass.

I'm with those who have said that no promotion is better than a lame promotion.

I hope your ok from all the arm twisting making you attend LM events. The Voices of Liberty were awesome and anyone who saw them can support that. Clarabelle cow and her buddy Horace were pretty neat, I wasn't real excited about the others so I didn't see them. Something for nothing is something. Lighten up and smell the popcorn.:yay:

But the somethings aren't even CLOSE to being equal..

'When we went to Disney, we got to see character's that are rarely out... what did you get?'

'We got soup.'

'Soup?'

'Yeah, soup.'

'Well, it must have been magical soup'

'Yes, it was.. it made our money disappear'

You can't pass off nothing as something.

Obviously, we have all set our expectations too high. We thought it was "limited edition" magic, implying the events would be rare but very special. How silly of us not to interpret the name correctly... "Limited" magic means the offerings are limited in both quantity AND quality.

It is not limited edition magic, it is limited time magic. If that makes any difference. Limited being the adjective to time, meaning the time is limited and not anything else.

It is not limited edition magic, it is limited time magic. If that makes any difference. Limited being the adjective to time, meaning the time is limited and not anything else.

But the word "magic" implies something special. Which is open to interpretation. But I'd wager if we took a vote, most of the LTM offerings so far would not be considered all that special.

Soup anyone? :lmao:

mom2rtk said:
But the word "magic" implies something special. Which is open to interpretation. But I'd wager if we took a vote, most of the LTM offerings so far would not be considered all that special.

Soup anyone? :lmao:

Au contraire! I think they've been very "special"!

I don't know about you, but I would call a large ice sculpture of the castle at Times Square along with characters hype. It was very much hyped by Disney. However, there was an immediate negative response by many on blogs and message boards. I think Disney recognized that their promotion was a dud and then started downplaying it.

I think they used the entire promotions budget on the announcement.

:rotfl2:
But the somethings aren't even CLOSE to being equal..

'When we went to Disney, we got to see character's that are rarely out... what did you get?'

'We got soup.'

'Soup?'

'Yeah, soup.'

'Well, it must have been magical soup'

'Yes, it was.. it made our money disappear'

It is not limited edition magic, it is limited time magic.

I understand that the promotion is not named "limited edition" magic. But when something is marketed as being available only for a "limited time," the implication is that you have to hurry up and get one before it's too late because the item in question is special and in high demand (analogous to a "limited edition" item). There's a big difference in connotation if you say you're going to do something temporarily versus saying it's "for a limited time only." The expectation is raised further by the overt statement that said offering is supposed to be "magical." I'm sure the opportunity to purchase soup at Cosmic Ray's was a truly magical experience for everyone! :rotfl2:

Maybe instead of "limited time magic" they should have named this promotion "LIMiTED MAGIC TIME."

Unless it's a show about nothing! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter