Can we talk dessert party?

Has anyone done the After party? Check in says 7pm, fireworks at 8pm. How long will we have after the fireworks to snack?

We have a reservation for a pre-party. We wanted to try it simply for the desserts. We couldn't care less about the fireworks. In fact, we haven't stayed to watch them in a decade or more. Is this party just a waste of our money and time then? Neither of us drink either, so I guess that's a waste on us. Wondering if we shouldn't just use that money to get desserts elsewhere. Ones we might enjoy more? I had thought after the party we'd nick out of the park while ppl were watching the fireworks. But maybe it's not worth the effort at all? I know worth is subjective, but thoughts?
Most of the desserts offered are available around MK.

Tres Leche at Pinocchio Village Haus
Devil’s Chocolate Pudding at Friar’s Nook
Firehouse Doughnuts at Tony’s
Chilling Chamber Pop at Sleepy Hollow
Chocolate Silk Pie at Casey’s Corner
Oreo Cheesecake Mousse at CRT

It is crowded (overcrowded vs parties pre COVId) and we couldn’t easily move around (we went first week Nov). Most pictures you see are 40 mins+ before the fireworks start. We entered the area at 7:40 and there was no where to go past the first 10-15 steps. The back was full as well (Better view IMHO, no shrubs) and no way we could maneuver a stroller. CMs don’t direct you, there was just one at the entrance and exit.

If you arrive late, it’s probably best to ask a CM to lead you (extra CMs at the checkin podium) before heading to the party area (highly likely they won’t help).

I think the following link has a better representation and similar crowds-the view picture (no green space 30 mins prior; only wheelchair walkway was clear):

https://blogmickey.com/disney-enchantment-magic-kingdom-dessert-party-review/

Last edited:
Has anyone done the After party? Check in says 7pm, fireworks at 8pm. How long will we have after the fireworks to snack?
We did the After party in Nov. We stayed until few minutes before park closing and there were still people there, so at least until park closing.

We did the After party in Nov. We stayed until few minutes before park closing and there were still people there, so at least until park closing.

Thank you. Parking is scheduled to close at 8pm (so after the fireworks). Hoping the crowds will be somewhat clear at the bus stop when we go to leave.

**park is scheduled to close at 8pm**

Last edited:
Thank you. Parking is scheduled to close at 8pm (so after the fireworks). Hoping the crowds will be somewhat clear at the bus stop when we go to leave.
We had reservations at Ohana on one of our MK nights. It took us over an hour after the fireworks with the monorail. We’ve never parked near MK (we fly in and don’t rent a car, but utilize uber). The fireworks are approx 15 mins and then it takes that long to maneuver the crowds to exit from the hub area. I’m not sure about the parking areas. There was a video watching fireworks from the TTC.

Some people have suggested taking the monorail in the opposite direction instead (didn’t think of it; we stayed at the GF a decade ago and crowds were never this intense).

The crowds were still intense at park closing and we had to wait 2 buses. Same on the day with extra deluxe hours (we initially booked a deluxe so had park passes to MK; changed to value later).

Apparently if it’s crowded Disney runs buses to TTC:

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/11/avoid-magic-kingdom-crowds-after-fireworks-kc1/
TTC fireworks view (not great but ok if trying to distance)

Last edited:
I've been trying to get a reservation to this party in early March, but it keeps telling me none are available. I just can't tell if I'm too early or too late.
Are you trying to do Treats and Seats? It is fully booked for the first 5 days of our trip, I can book 60+6 and on. I forgot to book our reservation on my 60+10 🤦🏻‍♀️

Wow! That’s just amazing. Now I’m worried about ADRs for my trip. I guess it’s wishful thinking for the first 4 days.

Thanks! Do they have spots Day 60+2? We are all able to stand and I believe the best view is from Plaza Garden.
Yes I initially booked 60+2 for pre-party when I saw the seats was booked full (but apparently the standing area is packed so it wasn’t my preference). I went back and checked later dates and booked seats for 60+6

We booked the garden after party today on our ADR day and got it for our 60+1. Chose the after party so we can get desserts during the craziness exiting. We are going during the busiest spring break (per crowd calendars), so was pleasantly surprised. Overall, we got most of our restaurant choices. Zero EPCOT dining available- it seems open but booked- booked Via Napoli instead (which we like better than Spice Road Table or Rose&Crown) and we will just find a non-prime spot to watch.

we have reservations for the after fireworks desserts- can someone tell me where on the tomorrowland terrace the desserts are for this party? Is it the lower level or the upper level?

we have reservations for the after fireworks desserts- can someone tell me where on the tomorrowland terrace the desserts are for this party? Is it the lower level or the upper level?
The lower level is used for the treats and seats party. The upper level is used for the before and after garden parties.

Treats and Seats people---are the tables along the railing only for parties of 4? We would be a party of 2 this time (and a party of 4 in the summer).

We did the pre show Garden view on 1/1. I have done well over a dozen dessert parties, since they started offering them in fact. So I am a huge fan because they work for me. I can tell you with great certainty they change frequently.

The desserts have gone downhill sharply and the crowds have increased since pre Covid. I like the addition of the alcohol but I just cheese for savory??!!

Probably due to Covid they took away the DIY stations that the kids loved. It was a fun activity. My DD with a sweet tooth said the desserts were OK but had much less variety.

On January 1st the viewing area was packed but what I do the dessert party for, is to go there last minute, right before the fireworks. Just stand there and watch the fireworks in the castle. Standing is almost impossible for me for more than a few minutes. That is all the value I need.

I did notice that people had been in the viewing area around 6 o’clock although check in was at 6:30 for the pre party. My family checked in after I did. They did Splash while I sat there.

One word of advice: Do not go to the ladies room right before fireworks. There are only a few stalls, two or three, And a line forms. Since they’ve added alcohol, it might even be worse! :-)

At what time did you get to the viewing area? Trying to gauge about how much before fireworks the area starts to pack in.

Also for the pre-party.. how long is the check in line and lines for the food?

At what time did you get to the viewing area? Trying to gauge about how much before fireworks the area starts to pack in.

Also for the pre-party.. how long is the check in line and lines for the food?

We got to the viewing area within 15 minutes of the start of fireworks. We were not looking for a large area to stand, we were just looking for any opening. This is important- EVERYWHERE IN THE VIEWING AREA HAS AN EXCELLENT VIEW!!! If you think you’re getting there early to stake out a space, that is not going to happen people. You are just wasting precious park time. Right up until the start of fireworks that area fills up but not Terribly so.

That is my value. To spend time enjoying the parks, then walk up and enjoy the fireworks. Frankly, getting to the garden area early is a complete waste of time.

There was almost a zero line just a few minutes before 6:30. I suspect that is why they let people in early, before 6:30, to avoid a large line AT 6:30. I actually think that is smart to spread in the times that people check in. There was never a line for the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter