• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we talk dessert party?

Question about check in for the after party.
Say 7:00 approaches - I’m tired and just want to chill for a bit, DD wants to get in another ride or two. Do we a. check in together and she does her own thing for a bit or b. can we check in separately?
I’d check in together, then DD can go ride rides and you can relax. She can get in with the wristband later.

Did all of you Pre-Garden folks eat your desserts in the Terrace, or were you allowed to take the food into the Garden area? We did the party once in 2018 and were allowed to check-in, get some snacks, and then take our plates to the Garden area do we could go ahead and grab a spot we wanted. Is that still allowed?

Question about check in for the after party.
Say 7:00 approaches - I’m tired and just want to chill for a bit, DD wants to get in another ride or two. Do we a. check in together and she does her own thing for a bit or b. can we check in separately?

We did the Dessert Party Friday night. Some of our party stopped into Mickey's Philharmagic and were running late to checkin. Half of our group checked in, the Philharmagic group came late. One member of our party who originally checked in, just had to come over and verify we were with them (she had our bands and gave them to us) at the desk. Up to you and your daughter how you plan to do it, but even if you check-in first, you would still need to meet her at the desk to give her the bracelet.

Our experience:

We did the Pre-Party on a Merriest After Hours night (no after party). We stood by the back fence, but overall there appeared to be plenty of space, especially as the show started and people moved forward (enough space that we could move around a bit and talk to other members of our party without bumping into someone else as the fireworks were going off). We stood along the back fence, which I think definitely helped, because as the fireworks started, it seemed everyone moved forward a good 4-5 feet and there were noticeable gaps between people who chose to stay back and those who decided they needed to be as close to the front fence as possible. We walked down from the party at 730 and I would say it was about half full at that point...my son (3) and 3 other little ones were running around the back area where we stayed, and they were able to do this until about 7:45 as more groups of people came down. There was still one patch of turf in the right corner that was still pretty open if they wanted to keep playing (no one really stood in that area, as there is a fairly big tree blocking some of that view.

Desserts were ok...my group liked the cheesecake mouse and strawberries the most. Definitely nothing out of this world, but we mainly did this, to avoid the rush of people on main street between the day park guests and the party guests coming in to catch the firework show before their party began, and we achieved that.

Only real negative of the whole experience was some clown decided to pee on all the toilet paper in the only mens stall on the floor where the party was. Some guy was in there with his little kid who took a poop, and when he went to get toilet paper for the kid, there was none, and he had to get paper towels to wipe the kids butt.

Our experience:

Thank you so much for this detailed report! I’m also doing a pre party but on a busy week (marathon week-predicted crowd level 10) and I was kinda anxious about if I will even be able to get a look at the castle 🤣
It’s good to know that you had some space at the back fence! I’m guessing, at time where there is no after party, the crowd in the garden view area is less? 🤔

Thank you so much for this detailed report! I’m also doing a pre party but on a busy week (marathon week-predicted crowd level 10) and I was kinda anxious about if I will even be able to get a look at the castle 🤣
It’s good to know that you had some space at the back fence! I’m guessing, at time where there is no after party, the crowd in the garden view area is less? 🤔

I wouldn't feel right telling you yes or no honestly. I only have my experience from a night where there was no after party. I don't know what the party looks like on nights where they have both parties, but I can say for our Pre-Party, they filled both rooms when you walkup the ramp (on the left and right of where you check in). Interested to know if they do the same on a night when they have both parties from someone who has gone on one of those nights.

Also, and I forgot this in my post above. If someone has a birthday party...let them know. Twice while we were there, they came out and everyone in the room sang happy birthday. The birthday thing they brought out had chocolate chip cookies and brownies on it for sure, as the people at the table next to us got one. I don't know the process for it, or if they had to pay extra for those desserts that came with it, but it was very cool and made for a fun atmosphere as everyone seemed to be singing in the room.

I saw a video by Paging Mr Morrow and they do bring out the birthday desserts (brownies) for free. It was my birthday but I didn’t get anything probably because of allergies in the party-not me (Topolinos does that as well). We also had to flag down a CM for the allergy plate (15 min+). We did participate in everyone singing happy birthday (and screaming at the end) for another guest across the room. It was the highlight of the party (21st bday).

You can have a cake delivered to this location I believe; People have had success getting cakes delivered to MK restaurants recently.

Last edited:

Can you clarify for me that if you book Treats and Sweets you have an alternative exit from the park? I’m anxious in crowds but I’d really like to see the fireworks once.

Can you clarify for me that if you book Treats and Sweets you have an alternative exit from the park? I’m anxious in crowds but I’d really like to see the fireworks once.

no, you dont have an alternative exit route.
i did the garden view pre party yesterday. We waited for 15-20min in the garden area until the crazy crowd passed.

We have a reservation for a pre-party. We wanted to try it simply for the desserts. We couldn't care less about the fireworks. In fact, we haven't stayed to watch them in a decade or more. Is this party just a waste of our money and time then? Neither of us drink either, so I guess that's a waste on us. Wondering if we shouldn't just use that money to get desserts elsewhere. Ones we might enjoy more? I had thought after the party we'd nick out of the park while ppl were watching the fireworks. But maybe it's not worth the effort at all? I know worth is subjective, but thoughts?

Last edited:
We have a reservation for a pre-party. We wanted to try it simply for the desserts. We couldn't care less about the fireworks. In fact, we haven't stayed to watch them in a decade or more. Is this party just a waste of our money and time then? Neither of us drink either, so I guess that's a waste on us. Wondering if we shouldn't just use that money to get deserts elsewhere. Ones we might enjoy more? I had thought after the party we'd nick out of the park while ppl were watching the fireworks. But maybe it's not worth the effort at all? I know worth is subjective, but thoughts?
No I don’t think anyone would think it’s worth the money for that at all. For most people it’s more about staying out of the crowds of the HUB than the desserts.

We have a reservation for a pre-party. We wanted to try it simply for the desserts. We couldn't care less about the fireworks. In fact, we haven't stayed to watch them in a decade or more. Is this party just a waste of our money and time then? Neither of us drink either, so I guess that's a waste on us. Wondering if we shouldn't just use that money to get deserts elsewhere. Ones we might enjoy more? I had thought after the party we'd nick out of the park while ppl were watching the fireworks. But maybe it's not worth the effort at all? I know worth is subjective, but thoughts?
Definitely not worth it just for the desserts, especially if you don’t drink.

Definitely not worth it just for the desserts, especially if you don’t drink.
No I don’t think anyone would think it’s worth the money for that at all. For most people it’s more about staying out of the crowds of the HUB than the desserts.
THANKS very much! I'd rather spend it finding a dessert somewhere we'd truly enjoy if these are nothing to rave about.

We have a reservation for a pre-party. We wanted to try it simply for the desserts. We couldn't care less about the fireworks. In fact, we haven't stayed to watch them in a decade or more. Is this party just a waste of our money and time then? Neither of us drink either, so I guess that's a waste on us. Wondering if we shouldn't just use that money to get desserts elsewhere. Ones we might enjoy more? I had thought after the party we'd nick out of the park while ppl were watching the fireworks. But maybe it's not worth the effort at all? I know worth is subjective, but thoughts?

Value to us was in the drinks and space to see the fireworks...I would not do it for the desserts. They were ok, nothing special. You can get quite a few of them at Crystal Palace for way less than the price of this event.

Any more recent reviews? We’re booked for 1/29 pre-party which looks to be a low(ish) crowd night. We went back and forth so much about whether we were going to go that we didn’t make ADRs 😂😂 (whoops). Now we’re scrambling a little and since we’re not doing any indoor character dining we thought maybe we’d splurge on a fireworks party.

Putting this out there for those who haven't heard of it: Celebration at the Top at the Contemporary looks really neat, and includes a sampling of real food as well as desserts. My sister-in-law and I are going to try it to celebrate the Princess Half-Marathon, and I can't wait! It's pricey, but it is getting great reviews. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/celebration-at-the-top/

I've been trying to get a reservation to this party in early March, but it keeps telling me none are available. I just can't tell if I'm too early or too late.

Any more recent reviews? We’re booked for 1/29 pre-party which looks to be a low(ish) crowd night. We went back and forth so much about whether we were going to go that we didn’t make ADRs 😂😂 (whoops). Now we’re scrambling a little and since we’re not doing any indoor character dining we thought maybe we’d splurge on a fireworks party.
No review but I'm right there with you (maybe literally - we're scheduled for 1/30 but I keep debating making it 1/29)

I did a pre party on 1/5 on a very crowded MK day.
The lines for check in started to form around 6PM ish and they let people check in already after little past 6PM.
in the beginning there was not a big line for getting the dessert but it grew so i highly recommend to just put as much as you can ok the plate the first time that you dont have to go back and forth.
We went to the garden viewing area around 6:55 (fireworks at 8PM) and the front rows were already full. There is a little area in front of the garden for ECV people and their families so the CM says to sit on the „grass“ and not the pavement that they can let ECV people in.
However people were standing close to the fence to just secure a good viewing spot and eventually i did that too because i‘m 4feet 9 and had 2little kids.
I could not see how the back looks like because people around me were so tall🤣
But people have reported that there is more space in the back because people just generally push to the front for a better view (which is true - i had a super grumpy old grandpa next to me who kept pushing even my 5years old daughter away, so rude!!)

After the show we waited 15min in the garden area until the crowd got better.

I read that strollers were not allowed but we were able to bring in our double stroller. Probably people were annoyed because it took up space but no one yelled at me :)

I paid the gigantic price for the view. the desserts were just „ok“ .
People started to secure a place around 5PM that day and literally at 5PM the good viewing area outside the garden were gone (people sitting, parkind ECV/strollers, etc)

I've been trying to get a reservation to this party in early March, but it keeps telling me none are available. I just can't tell if I'm too early or too late.

for me (reservation for 1/5) did not pop up on the 60+10day mark and when I checked next day, the dates started to pop up!

EDIT: sorry I did not read carefully, I thought you meant the ADR for the garden dessert party.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter