• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you add a day guest to BCV for pool privlileges?

Not seeing how that is any different than a day guest or anyone else not paying to stay at the resort...

If they are on a reservation they are "paying" to stay at the resort. Every room has an occupancy limit and the access to resort amenities are controlled by that limit and are for the people listed on a room.

You know what I mean....
Not just saying for this particular situation, but they aren’t a guest at that resort. What about thinking about if everyone did this to get around the rules?

You know what I mean....
Not just saying for this particular situation, but they aren’t a guest at that resort. What about thinking about if everyone did this to get around the rules?

I know what you are thinking but I don't agree with the reasoning. If a person pays for a room they are allowed to have people on the reservation up to the occupancy, to access it and to any amenities that comes with it for everyone listed on the room. There is no rule that says you must actually stay in that room. People have booked a room at a particular resort for certain access or location while staying elsewhere. It doesn't really matter the reason because they pay for both rooms. Some might go stay at Universal for a night or two but still keep their room at Disney and they are not restricted from the Disney resort amenities for that day or two just because they are sleeping at a Universal resort. This is no different. Not everyone wants to squish into a single room either but they may want to hang out. If it fits into the occupancy rules then no issues.

I know what you are thinking but I don't agree with the reasoning. If a person pays for a room they are allowed to have people on the reservation up to the occupancy, to access it and to any amenities that comes with it for everyone listed on the room. There is no rule that says you must actually stay in that room. People have booked a room at a particular resort for certain access or location while staying elsewhere. It doesn't really matter the reason because they pay for both rooms. Some might go stay at Universal for a night or two but still keep their room at Disney and they are not restricted from the Disney resort amenities for that day or two just because they are sleeping at a Universal resort. This is no different. Not everyone wants to squish into a single room either but they may want to hang out. If it fits into the occupancy rules then no issues.
Another example:
Over on the DCL board, they talk about renting a room for the day at a resort next to Atlantis in Nassau. That resort has access to the Atlantis pool complex and beach area. They will not be staying the night in the room, just using the room for the amenities (Atlantis pool) that comes with being registered.

It's not breaking any rules so I don't have an issue with it. Some people book a room the day prior to arriving at WDW so their room will be ready when they check in early in the day. You could stay that they took a day away from another guest who needed that room. It isn't against the rules, again I don't have an issue with it.

:earsboy: Bill

Or the whole “throwaway room” concept on the theme park forum; used for magic bands and FP+ purposes.

Or the whole “throwaway room” concept on the theme park forum; used for magic bands and FP+ purposes.

Or when DVCer's used to book a value room for the dining plan but stay in a room on their points somewhere else.

Just bring your friend with you in for the pool. I doubt anything would be said as long as your band is valid. You technically have ownership at the resort as a DVC member and there are no restrictions I know of having guests over for the day at your vacation "home" which includes a pool.

Just bring your friend with you in for the pool. I doubt anything would be said as long as your band is valid. You technically have ownership at the resort as a DVC member and there are no restrictions I know of having guests over for the day at your vacation "home" which includes a pool.
Do NOT do this! Unless you want to have your friend embarrassed.
CMs check everyone entering SAB; if they do not have a MB with the code for staying at BCV, BC, or YC they will and I have seen CMs turn people away.

Agree - at SAB they check every single band.

First of all, there are restrictions to having guests at your vacation "home" - if they aren't on the reservation, they don't get to use the pool. Them's the rules, just because you don't know them, doesn't make them not exist. Home is a marketing term, it certainly isn't part of the legal language of your DVC contract. Secondly, at SAB CMs stand at the gate to make sure guests don't hold the gate open for piggybackers. EVERYONE must have and scan a Magic Band that says they are staying at the resort. Its like the Fastpass line, you aren't going to get through the Fastpass line because your friend has a Fastpass.

SAB is a whole different animal in terms of pools than the honor system at other resort pools - which all have the same rule, by the way. Although at other resorts, they sometimes do grant permission to use the pool, and it is an honor system - so people who don't read the signs can unknowingly break the rules (or people choose not to follow them). At SAB they aren't going to grant permission, because the CMs staffing the gate must have a consistent process to follow for their process to work.

You can't be serious. Have you ever used SAB before? Each and every person has to be scanned. You cannot receive a colored wristband, that CM's put on you, without your magic band, period. On the RARE occasion that they are not at the gate, they walk around the pool area looking for each and every wristband. If you don't have one, you're kicked out. I've seen it. So your advice is simply wrong, there are restrictions with having guests over for the day, and they are strictly enforced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter