• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you sit on the MYW park tickets?

Are the MYW tickets that are included in the package on the room card? I worry that if they are, the tickets will expire 14 days after the first night of my stay.

Then again, I have an AP and have not used the MYW tickets yet. When are the biometrics encoded? I guess if you don't encode the card, then it hasn't been activated and it can be used in the future, as long as it's used by me?

I'm so confused! Please help!

I have to check with my TA exactly how to do this but I've read that you need to tell them that you do not want the tickets activated. At any rate, the website says expires 14 days after 1st use...use means put thru a turnstile, I would imagine. It's not used until it's actually used, right. This is going to be an issue for us in August too.

Elise

I'm taking my son and D-I-L to WDW Sept 17th-24th. I have an AP, but they do not. I couldn't seem to figure this out fior some reason so, I e-mailed Dreams Unlimited and Mouseketrips and got the same response from both.

Dreams Unlimited--'Everyone on the package would need to have the same type ticket (1 day MYW vs 7 day MYW). Just so you know, as long as your ticket is not activated, it will not expire. You can hold on to it for a futrue trip.'

Mouseketrips--Everyone in the room has to have the same options on the tickets and same length tickets. You could just get a 7 day pass for everyone, and just not use your pass, and save it for another time, or apply it to the renewal of your annual pass.'

aubriee said:
You could just get a 7 day pass for everyone, and just not use your pass, and save it for another time, or apply it to the renewal of your annual pass.'

::yes:: That's exactly what we're doing.

aubriee said:
I'm taking my son and D-I-L to WDW Sept 17th-24th. I have an AP, but they do not. I couldn't seem to figure this out fior some reason so, I e-mailed Dreams Unlimited and Mouseketrips and got the same response from both.

Dreams Unlimited--'Everyone on the package would need to have the same type ticket (1 day MYW vs 7 day MYW). Just so you know, as long as your ticket is not activated, it will not expire. You can hold on to it for a futrue trip.'

Mouseketrips--Everyone in the room has to have the same options on the tickets and same length tickets. You could just get a 7 day pass for everyone, and just not use your pass, and save it for another time, or apply it to the renewal of your annual pass.'

We're each just getting a 1 day pass and holding it until our AP's expire and using it towards new AP's. Everyone has to be booked with the same pass BUT the passes can then be upgraded individually after you get there. Why buy more than you need? Start all 3 of you with a one day & then upgrade to to whatever you need after you get there. Then hold the 1 one day until you want to renew our AP. Why give Disney money for a 7 day pass when you don't need one? Wouldn't you rather have that money to spend?

JMHO

Elise

hpsauce said:
Are the MYW tickets that are included in the package on the room card? I worry that if they are, the tickets will expire 14 days after the first night of my stay.

Then again, I have an AP and have not used the MYW tickets yet. When are the biometrics encoded? I guess if you don't encode the card, then it hasn't been activated and it can be used in the future, as long as it's used by me?

I'm so confused! Please help!

The biometrics are done the first time you insert the pass into a turnstile at a park not at the resort. They expire 14 days after 1st use not check-in.

Elise

So, essentially, a one day pass is non-expiring anyway? (assuming it doesn't have the plus feature) I did notice on MouseSavers that there is not even an option to add the no expiry feature to a one day pass (not that I would pay so much to do that anyway).

As long as you don't use it. I am going to make sure they know at check in that I'm not using it now. We will be using our AP's for entry into the parks so the keys will never go into the turnstile machine anyway.

Will get more info from my TA when she gets back to work on Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter