Canada's Wonderland Meet **Update Aug. 22**

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
Saturday, August 24 (raindate Sunday)

Meet in front of the mountain and fountain area ~ the Canadian Flag area ~ between 9:30am and 10am (park opens at 10:00am). Parking is $7.50.

Interactive Park map: http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/visit_map.jsp

Those planning to go or who hope to go, to date:

SandraC, dh, ds(2), dd(8) *
TimNDansMom, ds(15), ds(17*
Baboo, dh, dd(11), ds(14) *
disneyvacationmom *
tigger2on, dd(6)
epcotfan
disneykins, dw, ds(15), dd(13) *

(*= confirmed)

Please confirm or add your name to the list so we know to look for you! :D

PACKING LIST FOR WONDERLAND (thanks Sandra!):
Lunch
Water
Bathing Suit
Towel
Change for lockers
Camera
Good walking shoes
Sunscreen
ALL YOUR NERVE FOR THE ROLLER COASTERS!

Anytime in August is great for us, no vacation scheduled.

It's nice that PCW let's us bring in lunches now!

As a season's pass holder, I can sometimes get cheap tickets and parking discounts. Once we firm up the date and I get my newsletter from PCW, I'll let you know the discounts.

Do you want to meet first thing in the morning for coffee, do some rides together, meet for lunch, water park? Or just meet for lunch? We are game for anything, any day!

I am looking forward to it! Sandra

The weekend before Labour Day would probably be the best for us. That's August 24-25. That is the first weekend of our holidays, and other than the long weekend itself, is the only weekend that month I can be sure of getting off due to other peoples' holidays.

That weekend should be okay for me too, Kathy.

Maybe we could set up both morning coffee and lunch times/locations so that those who would prefer to meet and stay in a group can, and those who want to go off on their own will know where to catch up with everyone at various points during the day.

What does everyone think?

Both Aug 24 and 25 work for us! I already marked my calendar for a possible DISmeet that weekend. I don't have a preference on the Saturday or Sunday ~ you all pick!

I think a morning and lunch meet is a great idea. The rides start up at 10am, they don't let you into the park a whole bunch earlier than that. We have arrived about 9:45am and were let into the park but only on the International Street (or whatever it's called ~ like Main Street USA ~ LOL). We usually get to the "rope drop" to the right of the mountain before 10am. There are nice greeny areas in front of the ticket booths, and off to the side too, with picnic tables if folks want to meet early ~ but many of you will be driving long distances and arriving for coffee at 9am might not be ideal for you. We can work this out. A couple years back, PCW took away their "no outside food in the par" rule and they welcome lunches. There are lockers at the entrance and in the water park (EXCELLENT WATER PARK!). A lunchtime meet would be great too!

The water park is very nice! Lots of good slides and the wave pool is fun! The water park opens at 11am, if you are there right at 11am, you can get onto all the BIG slides without a wait.

The parks hours for Aug 24 and 25 are 10am-10pm.

I have a Buy One Get One Free PIZZA PIZZA Coupon for the park's PIZZA PIZZA stand (always busy), it's a same size deal, so two larges for the price of one goes a long way! If I don't use that coupon before Aug 24/25 it's up for grabs. I didn't use it last year. No reason to think I might this year, who knows! LOL!

I have parking coupons for $3.00 off, but not for August, that's funny because I usually get several for August. Parking is $7.50 this year. I hope a newsletter comes soon with more coupons. I'll let you all know.

My TELUS Perks this month were for PCW discounted tickets for these dates:

Sat June 15 $27
Sat July 27 $29
Sat Aug 17 $29
Sat Sept 14 $20.50
Sat Sept 28 $20.50
OR CHOOSE ANY DAY TICKETS FOR $35

I need to give 10 business days in advance for the tickets.

Regular adult admission is $50.75 (includes all taxes).

Many companies and organizations have the $35 ticket deal too. $35 sure bets $50.75! The $15 you save can go into the DISNEY ACCT!

We went to PCW last week after the DISmeet and ran into KATHY! Isn't that funny! I keep running into DISER'S at THEME PARKS! LOL! Chat soon! Sandra

depending on how many individuals you can all get, I'd call PCW and ask about groups rates of 20+. I think last year the were about $25 CDN

August 24 or 25 is good for us. We are away from Aug 4-8 but other than that we are free. Looking forward t it. I'm willing to park myself anywhere all day since I don't do rides. The rest of my gang think nothing of deserting me to do the rides. Good to see you all again on Sat. and Sandra it was fun running into you on our way out. When do you do Kings Island?

Uhmmmm gee... any chance of getting a 3 tickets to Wonderland with ya'll?

That'd be so kewl!:Pinkbounc :smooth:

Thats the way Townbear! I'll try to make that call about group rates for PCW this week. I'll post their reply.

Kathy doesn't do rides, she she can hold the purses! LOL! We'll get you on DROP ZONE, it's like ToT meets the end of the world ~ scary stuff for me. I booked King's Island July 15 for 3 nights ~ looking forward to it! DH still hasn't rec'd confirmation of his summer vacation request so the dates MIGHT change, but I doubt it. Since we just got back from WDW, we aren't going to pushing to hard about summer vacation. Still, we like a couple weeks in the summer and hope they are in July.

We might go camping with the kids, I'll be getting all you campers to give me advice on camping with a 2 year old! Sandra

I'd like to come. I'll have to see how my schedule is and where I am living...I may even be in toronto!

Ryleigh and I will try once again to meet up with you all....
We will probably be a bit jet lagged as will are coming home from England as of August 22.
Ryleigh's in a wheelchair so she can't do too much but it'll be a change anyhow.
Let us know...
Suzanne

I'd love to come up again! :)

Of the two days, Saturday would probably work better for us. Then we could stay late and drive back home on Sunday.

Sandra - is there a camping facility there or nearby? We'd consider that! :)

Looking forward to seeing all of you! :)

I just emailed PCW for group ticket info for 25 people and over and 25 people and under. On their web site http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/ they mention group sales for over 25 people. I think these "any day" tickets will be $35. Same as TELUS tickets. I'll post the reply. Good to look into these now, lots of time before the meet.

As far as camping goes, I think there is a camp site near by. I'll look into it and post later. A new Courtyard hotel is being built very close to PCW, other than that there aren't any great accomodations in that area, still building it up.

PCW web site lists accomodations, but these hotels are far from PCW. We live in Mississauga and have a transponder, so our drive is only 25 minutes on the 407, about 35-45 minutes via 401/400 combo.

For those of you who drive from the west (west of Shell Info Centre, last DISmeet) the drive is about the same as I mentioned about since the Shell Info Centre is only 5-10 minutes from my house. So you can take 5-10 minutes off the above estimates.

Have we confirmed a day, Aug 24 or 25? Sat might be busier than Sun, but maybe not, just a guess really. What about Sat and rain day Sun? That doesn't work for long-distance travellers. Should we go, rain or shine? We have done PCW lots in the rain. Thing is, it's not like WDW ~ PCW is mostly all outside. They will keep the rides running in rain, but not lightening. What do you all think? We will go rain or shine, Sat or Sun!

Chat soon! Sandra

Great info, Sandra! Thanks so much for posting it all for us. :)

As long as the weather is half-decent, either day is okay for me.

I haven't heard back from PCW about group rates. I will re-send a message today or tomorrow.

For the date: is it okay to say Saturday, but if it rains, we'll go Sunday? What do you all think? Thanks! Sandra

I've been reading Canada's Wonderland website... and I don't think they offer group rates for a forum type thing. I can't quite make out if you can just be a group of people, cuz they make it look like u have to be an organization.

i dunno!

I might be able to make it on the 24 or 25th. I get back from Disney on the 21st so those dates are perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter