Canada's Wonderland Meet **Update Aug. 22**

Hi Julie! It's looking great! I think Aug 24 with raindate Aug 25 sounds great. I just got my PARK INSIDER coupon book and they don't have any great deals for those dates. Everyone should ask friends and family if their companies have those $35 advanced tickets. Telus will get you $35 tickets in advance on an ANY DAY deal too.

My kids are dd8 and ds2. THANKS! Sandra

PACKING LIST FOR WONDERLAND:
Lunch
Water
Bathing Suit
Towel
Change for lockers
Camera
Good walking shoes
Sunscreen
ALL YOUR NERVE FOR THE ROLLER COASTERS!

The four of us are looking forward to it too! Our kids are DS (14) and DD(11).

Thanks Sandra and Kathy. I've copied your packing list to the front page Sandra ~ thanks for doing that! :)

Sandra has suggested that we all meet for coffee on arrival (early as possible) and then those who want to "do the theme park" together can and we'll all meet for a picnic lunch and then go to the water park in the afternoon. How does that sound to everyone?

Sounds great! We can meet in front of the mountain and fountain area ~ the place everyone takes there pictures upon arriving (LOL I was going to say, we should meet in front of the castle!). There is a Starbucks in the area inside the park too. Does anyone else have a suggestion where to meet as we arrive? Thanks! S

The mountain/fountain area sounds like a great place to meet. We'll just have to pretend that it's in front of the Castle! What time does everyone think they'll be there at? I'm glad to hear that there's a Starbuck's there too ~ I can get my Chai Tea Latté!

I'm fairly sure it's a Starbucks ~ but it doesn't have all the goodies that a regular Starbucks would have. It's not located directly at the entrance ~ it's on the left side of the mountain about half way up. Gary and I sometimes grab a coffee for the road before we leave. I think in August, we'll just get drive-thru Tim Hortons and meet everyone at the park.

The rides start up at 10am, but I think the park opens about 9:30am ~ I'll check that out. They never emailed me back about group rates yet.

Julie, you have to drive a great distance ~ what time do you want to get there. I will follow your lead ~ we live 25 minutes away from PCW, so we will be there at anytime.

THANKS! S

I am still hoping to make it too :D It will be either just me or I might have a friend with me too.

51 days until the Wonderland Meet!

I just posted to Debbie and Tony's DLP thread that we should get together at Shell Info Centre in Sept 2002 to see their pix!

What do you all think?

I hope to get to Wonderland next week! Hoping the crowds are less! S

Hi all. Just getting back into the swing of things after our trip. I dont know if we RSVP'd or not but we'll be at Wonderland for the August 24 or 25th meet. Will bring DS15 (who is really only coming for the coasters) and DD13. We'll probably get there early so anytime would be good for us. See you all then.
Tony

That's great news Tony and Debbie! Michael is very happy to hear that your son is only there for the coasters! Someone to ride with!

Tony what time are you planning on leaving London? Are you taking the 401 to 407 to 400 or driving straight to the 400 on the 401. We went to Mississauga today and I was asking Dh what the best way to get to Wonderland was plus avoid traffic, if there is any, early in the morning.

Have I got everyone on the RSVP list on page 1? Don't be shy, we'd love to meet you! :D

I've just updated it, I think there's still some kids/ages that need to be added. Sorry you can't make it Townbear, but there's always the next one! (I think Sandra's planning for September, already! ;) )

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'd love a FALL DISMEET at Shell Indo Centre in Mississauga ~

Also a Niagara Falls Meet on November 23 ~ it's the opening ceremonies of the Niagara Falls Festival of Lights and MICKEY and friends are there! The opening ceremonies are at 5:15pm, 5:25pm Goofy turns on all the lights then FIREWORKS ~ very impressive fireworks too! There is a cute Disney Xmas Show about 30 minutes long with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale and SANTA CLAUS of course! AND IT IS FREE! We can meet at the Queen Victoria Cafeteria right across from the falls and the show! It's a nice little cafeteria, we like getting hot chocolate there. We could meet at 4pm and walk over to the show and ceremonies at 5pm ~ what do you think? S

Looking forward to it!

So, it's a go for Sat, Aug 24 and rain date Sun, Aug 25, right? I guess we'll all figure that out Fri, Aug 23 in posts.

If the weather is bad both days, would you like to meet someplace else?

We've been to PCW in bad weather and it's still fun. With a little rain, the rides still go on and very little lines. Only lightening conditions will stop the rides.

Chat soon! S

We'll probably go 401 to 400 since traffic should be light that early. We plan on leaving by 8 am and being there by 10. We'll probably stay till the park closes and drive home, but we're still thinking of overnight at DBIL in Georgetown. Looking forward to seeing everyone again
tony

:(

I have to work at the group home now. I tried to get the day off, but because I am new staff I can't get it. I was really looking forward to this too :( Maybe the meet at the falls will work out, by then I will be teaching and won't need to work at the group home.

Hope you all have a great time! Have a ride on Top Gun for me ok! (right at the front if you can ;) )

Aw Mickey!!! I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been looking forward to finally getting to meet you!

Me too Kath....but please let me know when you will be in the Thousand Islands...it is only an hour from me, so maybe we could work something out. I would love to meet you :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter