Canadian ticket voucher redemption-ID question

I just looked on the DL app and they weren't there anymore. But there was an option for bar scan so I scanned my ticket print outs and they are now on App again! But I noticed an Aug exp date so I just phoned DL because on my printed tix the exp isn't until Jan 2018! CM said it's a known issue that they are working on. She put me on a brief hold to speak with manager to confirm.

Other issues we were wondering about: we do have to go to turnstile to activate ticket and be issued a hard ticket. Must show passports. Can't do the day before. It's a different system then WDW.

@Maddysdaddy i asked about the issue of showing passports after getting ticket. CM said that shouldn't happen. Once you show your passport to get the ticket that's it. Only have to show it once. Since I had to call anyway I may as well cover all issues!!
Thank you for this!! I checked my linked tickets and they also have an August expiry date. The day before we are due to arrive actually. Did they say that would be an issue when we get there?

Thank you for this!! I checked my linked tickets and they also have an August expiry date. The day before we are due to arrive actually. Did they say that would be an issue when we get there?
They said there should be no issue. They know about it and are resolving it, so keep watching. I'm taking my print out anyway, just in case, lol.

They said there should be no issue. They know about it and are resolving it, so keep watching. I'm taking my print out anyway, just in case, lol.
Thanks. Maybe I will print mine after all. I wasn't planning to but with the August expiry date I'm a bit nervous now. Sigh...

My experience so far (not arriving until Aug 22): Purchased CDN ticket offer through disneyland.com back in the beginning of the year. Was sent an email with a link to the e-Tickets. It also showed up on my disneyland app account (all 4 tickets.) At that time, it wasn't possible to link tickets to the app on anyone else account, just annual passports.) Now (post July 14 App update, you can link any E-ticket to the app so that you can even create a Fastpass Party and eventually be able to purchase Maxpass once all the tickets have been scanned to go into the park. Disneyland Ticketing Email said to show the E-ticket at the turnstiles (with your Canadian Passport) where it will be scanned and you will be given a paper version of the ticket also. Once you're in the park, you can purchase Maxpass if so desired and book fastpasses with the app.
And yes, my app shows a ticket expiry 14 days from current date.

My experience so far (not arriving until Aug 22): Purchased CDN ticket offer through disneyland.com back in the beginning of the year. Was sent an email with a link to the e-Tickets. It also showed up on my disneyland app account (all 4 tickets.) At that time, it wasn't possible to link tickets to the app on anyone else account, just annual passports.) Now (post July 14 App update, you can link any E-ticket to the app so that you can even create a Fastpass Party and eventually be able to purchase Maxpass once all the tickets have been scanned to go into the park. Disneyland Ticketing Email said to show the E-ticket at the turnstiles (with your Canadian Passport) where it will be scanned and you will be given a paper version of the ticket also. Once you're in the park, you can purchase Maxpass if so desired and book fastpasses with the app.
Exactly my experience! We arrive in DL on August 13th.

Without thinking I scanned both tickets to my DL App. I'm now wondering if I should have had (adult) daughter download the DL app and scan her ticket to her APP on her phone? Oops?
Maybe it doesn't matter. I see both tickets on my app, they even let you name them so you know who's who. And I can manage both tickets for FP max if I choose to use that. DL has no family & friends option like WDW. And she will get a paper ticket at the gate when we activate tix.
I hope this will be ok.

Without thinking I scanned both tickets to my DL App. I'm now wondering if I should have had (adult) daughter download the DL app and scan her ticket to her APP on her phone? Oops?
Maybe it doesn't matter. I see both tickets on my app, they even let you name them so you know who's who. And I can manage both tickets for FP max if I choose to use that. DL has no family & friends option like WDW. And she will get a paper ticket at the gate when we activate tix.
I hope this will be ok.

Should be fine; you will scan one each ticket for each of you to get into the park. I have all of our tickets on my app but I am pretty sure I can put all of the tickets on each person's phone to create fast pass parties on each Acct and book fast passes through Maxpass on any of our phones

Should be fine; you will scan one each ticket for each of you to get into the park. I have all of our tickets on my app but I am pretty sure I can put all of the tickets on each person's phone to create fast pass parties on each Acct and book fast passes through Maxpass on any of our phones
Thanks! That's a relief, lol. Moment of panic!! I'm not sure we'll use Maxipass but just in case good to know. So I can scan both tickets to daughters phone too? Do they have wifi now at DL parks because of Maxi pass? I know DL is more of a local park and doesn't get the volume of international visitors WDW gets, but still......

Slightly concerned now. My husband and I bought 4 day tickets for WDW with the Canadian resident discount. I'm a permanent resident and live in Canada with my husband who is Canadian. I don't have a Canadian passport but do have a permanent resident card. I'm wondering if this will cause problems :/

Slightly concerned now. My husband and I bought 4 day tickets for WDW with the Canadian resident discount. I'm a permanent resident and live in Canada with my husband who is Canadian. I don't have a Canadian passport but do have a permanent resident card. I'm wondering if this will cause problems :/

I would imagine that if it is good enough to get you across the border, it is good enough for WDW.

No, it shouldn't. I think when I read the rules for buying tickets it said permanent resident is ok.

Thanks! That's a relief, lol. Moment of panic!! I'm not sure we'll use Maxipass but just in case good to know. So I can scan both tickets to daughters phone too? Do they have wifi now at DL parks because of Maxi pass? I know DL is more of a local park and doesn't get the volume of international visitors WDW gets, but still......

My expiry has moved a day ahead from yesterday as they said. I just added all my tickets to my daughters account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter