Cancelled Reservation

Yippee! I'm so glad for you! Let us all know how your rescheduled vacation turns out!

I love a happy ending, hope you can still find a way to go on your Christmas Vacation

Rachel, sooooooo glad you got your money back. :banana::banana: I really am amazed at how you handled the whole situation. You addressed your concerns, didn't talk nastily and remained calm when it got scary. I am so glad you stayed with the paypal dispute and got the money back.

I really hope you don't let this discourage you in the future from renting DVC points (though I am sure no one would blame you!)

Good luck and I hope you get to see Mickey at Christmas time!

Its so unfortunate, because I haven't heard a single word from the DVC member today. Nothing saying she tried and failed or succeeded... nada. I'm frankly just so exhausted with the possibilities of what all this means that I'm going to keep pestering her with the Paypal claim. I've documented every detail with Paypal, and saved the voicemail she left on my cell yesterday when I didn't make it to the phone on time. Even if her intentions were good all along, the lack of communication is extremely unnerving considering payment has been made. I'm requesting my money back in full immediately... I sadly don't trust this situation one bit anymore.

When points are rented, does the renter usually pay the member in full up front? Was that a stupid thing to do on my part?
Each renter has their own terms. I know when I rent them out I ask for payment via paypal within 24 hours of the reservation being made and the rentee being able to confirm the reservation through the very site you used. Thank goodness you had the foresight to check your reservation again and saw that it was cancelled...just think how awful it would have been if you waited until closer....it's just a terrible situation.

Great News.

Good job by paypal too. So the service charges actually count for something.

Rachel, I'm so glad to hear you got your refund.

That being said, I'm astonished that the owner basically abdicated their responsibility to make the situation right by either getting you another reservation by phone immediately, or refunding your money themselves if they could not secure a replacement reservation. Instead, the owner forced PayPal to rectify the situation.

If you had not used a credit card and/or gone through PayPal, I don't think you would have gotten your money back, based on the owner's actions to date.

I don't care what the owner is going through in their personal life; they had no right to put you through all this grief. They should be ashamed of their behavior. :sad2:

Just curious, Rachel. Have you had any contact from the owner AFTER the Paypal settlement? My guess is that Paypal is going to be much more proactive about getting their money back from her than you were, and she's going to find this isn't going to go away nearly as quickly.

Just curious, Rachel. Have you had any contact from the owner AFTER the Paypal settlement? My guess is that Paypal is going to be much more proactive about getting their money back from her than you were, and she's going to find this isn't going to go away nearly as quickly.
Paypal will simply take the money from any active account on file with them. You must have a bank account and most have a CC listed. IF all of those are inactive then they're likely out of luck. My guess is had this been the case Rachel would not have seen the money and paypal had it before Rachel did.

Paypal will simply take the money from any active account on file with them. You must have a bank account and most have a CC listed. IF all of those are inactive then they're likely out of luck. My guess is had this been the case Rachel would not have seen the money and paypal had it before Rachel did.

Bingo. I was so worried that the member would deactivate the Paypal account when trouble started, but apparently none of that happened. Now I provided Paypal with both email addys the member was using, so I have yet to find out which one will generate my refund. As far as contact with the member, other than the one email she sent me AFTER the Paypal due date (letting me know she was busy) I have not heard from her. I'm not delusional enough to expect anything more from her, but I do have a renewed love for Paypal. :love:

As many have posted, congratulations, Rachel! I am so happy you are able to receive your money back. I have also actively followed this thread in anticipation of a successful resoluton.:cool1:

Bingo. I was so worried that the member would deactivate the Paypal account when trouble started, but apparently none of that happened. Now I provided Paypal with both email addys the member was using, so I have yet to find out which one will generate my refund. As far as contact with the member, other than the one email she sent me AFTER the Paypal due date (letting me know she was busy) I have not heard from her. I'm not delusional enough to expect anything more from her, but I do have a renewed love for Paypal. :love:

So basically, she DID pay you back but in an inactive way via Paypal management. :thumbsup2

So glad to hear this is working out, Rachel. Another reason to be happy - the Mods/Webmaster here know who the poster who rented the points is, and I'm sure they will be keeping an eye out for her in case anything else fishy would occur with another unsuspecting renter. ;)

I would second the love for Paypal. I use paypal for quite a vew ebay transactions and in the few cases I've had where there have been problems with a purchase, paypal has come through and taken my side so I've gotten my money back. The sellers get time to respond and when they don't (none have yet) Paypal takes the money from their account and returns it to me. Very easy process.

I'm glad you were able to get all your money back!! Hope you are able to get a new reservation somewhere else!

:banana: Congrats on paypal coming through for you!

When point short I will always demand paying via paypal now that I see they had your back.

WOW! Crazy story! Is disboards going to remove her?? I just recently rented points from a Dis Member for a December trip who was AMAZING! Quick communication etc.. Would even answer his calls at work. Anyway.. if ur looking to get points from someone else PM me and I will give you his name. Glad it all worked out for you!

Totally true. I believe during a dispute the seller can not make any changes to the account and the credit card and bank account on file remain the source for PayPal to reverse funds paid. If the credit card or bank account can not fund the reverse then no money is returned to the buyer. PayPal then advises you that they can not return your funds but will do so in the unlikely event the account is again funded.

Glad this story has a happy ending.

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter