Cancelled Reservation

Rach, I'm so sorry this still hasn't been resolved in your favor. Please hang in there, you've shown great integrity and patience through this whole ordeal.

This HAG needs to be taught a serious lesson, IMO!! :mad:

I don't care what kind of "bad day" she's had, or how often. I am NOT giving her the benefit of the doubt - IMO she set out to be fraudulent and is still trying to wiggle out of that refund. :mad:
I applaud the Mods for banning her from the Rent/Trade board, and hope that it can be done by IP address and not just by screen name, because I bet this theiving HAG will try it again. :mad:

I agree with you Maria..she is a flat out scammer and she is irritated that OP is not going away quietly, but is challenging her and fighting for her money.

While I know this is picky, she's also charging me for the Paypal fees to give me my refund. My hubby keeps telling me not to get agitated over $18.00... but it goes to show the character involved here.

But on a HUGE positive note, DISboards has removed her access to the Rent/Trade forum as a result of her total lack of communication with them. I think its awesome that they've done what they can do protect future renters, so HUGE kudos to the Mods for being amazing!

I'm not surprised she is charging you the fee given the type of character (or lack of it) you are dealing with, but I'd go ahead and pay it IF it means you do indeed get your money this time.

And HIP HIP HURRAY! for the DIS taking her off the rent trade forum!:thumbsup2

Rachel-

I have followed along and hope that this is resolved soon for you and your family. As a previous poster wrote- there are not any fees associated with a refund. I think she is trying to charge you with the check bouncing fee that was probably charged when Paypal issued the refund and she had insufficient funds. I have used Paypal a lot (selling on ebay) and whenever I did a refund, all the fees were also refunded. I never had a bounced check so that is what she must want to try to charge you for. Just wanted to make sure you were informed and knew what she was trying to do! Good luck and keep us updated!

yea I agree with the post above. I sold a lot of stuff on ebay and I did a refund for someone and they credited me back all my fees. Good luck!

While I know this is picky, she's also charging me for the Paypal fees to give me my refund. My hubby keeps telling me not to get agitated over $18.00... but it goes to show the character involved here.

But on a HUGE positive note, DISboards has removed her access to the Rent/Trade forum as a result of her total lack of communication with them. I think its awesome that they've done what they can do protect future renters, so HUGE kudos to the Mods for being amazing!

OMG! Seriously, this rentor is still trying to skirt around blame and not solve the issue in the appropriate manner? SHE (well her husband) is the one who canceled the reservation, SHE is the one with with lack of communication and excuses, SHE is the one that agreed to a full refund, but then it is HER account that didn't have enough funds to get you refund, and now SHE has the audacity to try to charge you $18 for "fees" that apparently Paypal does not charge (per PP's)? :headache:
Is she going to be charging you this "fee" thru Paypal? Any agreement you made to pay this "fee" to her? If no agreement made to pay it then I wouldn't, assuming Paypal would be on your side again. Or is she going to refund you minus the $18, because I would hope this is also a case where Paypal would say the agreed refund amount was $610, pay it all.
And Rachel I also admire your patience you show on the boards, hope our venting for you is helping you get thru this. :flower3:

Ok, so after my above venting, I decided to see what I can find on Paypal's refund policy. Basically if the seller refunds the buyer within 60 days the buyer will get the full amount back and the seller will not lose any "additional $" due to fees. If after 60 days the seller can still refund the full amount to the buyer, but the seller will be out the refund amount + the fees Paypal charged them which is 2.9% of price + $0.30 (flat fee) which ironically is $17.99 in this case. So if it hasn't been 60 days since you paid her then she is not out anything extra. If it's over 60 days she would be out the fee, which IMO you shouldn't have to pay since you did not break the contract (she did by canceling your registration). Not sure, but I also believe she agreed to the refund before the 60 day mark which also means again, not your fault she can't get your refund to you quick enough.

If you made it to the end of my post, thanks for reading and letting me vent/rant/share my info due to my nagging curiosity!

OMG! Seriously, this rentor is still trying to skirt around blame and not solve the issue in the appropriate manner? SHE (well her husband) is the one who canceled the reservation, SHE is the one with with lack of communication and excuses, SHE is the one that agreed to a full refund, but then it is HER account that didn't have enough funds to get you refund, and now SHE has the audacity to try to charge you $18 for "fees" that apparently Paypal does not charge (per PP's)? :headache:
Is she going to be charging you this "fee" thru Paypal? Any agreement you made to pay this "fee" to her? If no agreement made to pay it then I wouldn't, assuming Paypal would be on your side again. Or is she going to refund you minus the $18, because I would hope this is also a case where Paypal would say the agreed refund amount was $610, pay it all.
And Rachel I also admire your patience you show on the boards, hope our venting for you is helping you get thru this. :flower3:

Ok, so after my above venting, I decided to see what I can find on Paypal's refund policy. Basically if the seller refunds the buyer within 60 days the buyer will get the full amount back and the seller will not lose any "additional $" due to fees. If after 60 days the seller can still refund the full amount to the buyer, but the seller will be out the refund amount + the fees Paypal charged them which is 2.9% of price + $0.30 (flat fee) which ironically is $17.99 in this case. So if it hasn't been 60 days since you paid her then she is not out anything extra. If it's over 60 days she would be out the fee, which IMO you shouldn't have to pay since you did not break the contract (she did by canceling your registration). Not sure, but I also believe she agreed to the refund before the 60 day mark which also means again, not your fault she can't get your refund to you quick enough.

If you made it to the end of my post, thanks for reading and letting me vent/rant/share my info due to my nagging curiosity!

Good digging, and I agree with your vent totally. NO WAY should Rachel have to pay the fees.

Anything happen today? I was so relieved that you had a resolution; I left town and came back to more troubles. I am praying it all works out in the end!!!! :grouphug:

UPDATE - Things have now become confusing. Paypal sent me a notice today saying that the second refund attempt bounced. I emailed the member letting her know, and she promptly responded with a statement from Paypal showing the funds deducted. She has offered to wire the funds directly into my checking account, mail me a money order, and several other options... all of which surprise me, because there hasn't been a lot of initiative now. Either way, there seems to be a discrepancy between what Paypal is telling me and what Paypal is telling her. Either way, the burden of proof's on her and not on me... I'm going to sit back and wait for her to handle this on her end, and for ONCE I won't be the one running around frantically! Keeping my fingers crossed... :confused3

did you tell her how you want to be refunded

Yes, I gave her until Wednesday to resolve the issue with her bank and with Paypal, then I requested a cashier's check be put in the mail. I already have our lawyer-friend on standby just in case this drama keeps unfolding. I know wires are safer, but I refuse to give her my bank account# to make the deposit! The one positive thing going for me is that she is still somehow communicating about it all... hopefully that means she wants a resolution too. Its insane... she's blocked from Disboards, Paypal, overdrafts are being charged by her bank, and all over a mistake she made! I would never allow simple communication to get in the way of my reputation with all those places!

This isn't shaping up to look like a very responsible person, so perhaps she doesn't CARE how bad her reputation has gotten in all of those places over a "mistake".

Yes, I gave her until Wednesday to resolve the issue with her bank and with Paypal, then I requested a cashier's check be put in the mail. I already have our lawyer-friend on standby just in case this drama keeps unfolding. I know wires are safer, but I refuse to give her my bank account# to make the deposit! The one positive thing going for me is that she is still somehow communicating about it all... hopefully that means she wants a resolution too. Its insane... she's blocked from Disboards, Paypal, overdrafts are being charged by her bank, and all over a mistake she made! I would never allow simple communication to get in the way of my reputation with all those places!
She seems to be trying to resolve this, but the longer it drags out, the more chance that it never happens. I wouldn't put a bunch of restrictions on HOW she gets the money to you (except that I wouldn't take a personal check in light of the two bounced transactions).

If she's willing to pay the fee for the wire, I'd give her the info and have her do that. You'd have your money quickly and safely.

Or...have her wire the money to your lawyer's account and then have him write you a check. If the lawyer is a friend, I'm sure they wouldn't charge you.

Just a blip of info here. My son had bounced something with Paypal and they DO show it was taken out of the account..but that doesn't mean there was money there to take it out..confusing I know. My son didn't have the money in his account or his bank account, but paypal showed it as a transaction, when it was really an ATTEMPT at a transaction. I think she is still scamming you..buying for time until she can hopefully really get the money together. The lawyer thing may have scared her..I don't think she had any intent to make this right with you on the onset. Anyway..I also would not give her my bank info, I would not accept a Money Order (I've gotten phony ones of those)..I would only take a bank check or cashiers check.

Anyway..I also would not give her my bank info, I would not accept a Money Order (I've gotten phony ones of those)..I would only take a bank check or cashiers check.
Wire transfers are WAY safer than any other method of reimbursement. The other party can't withdraw money from your account with that information...only deposit.

Bank checks and cashiers checks are much easier to counterfeit than money orders, because you can buy everything you need (including blank business check stock) for a few bucks. It's standard accounting software. The software even includes the bank logos.

She seems to be trying to resolve this, but the longer it drags out, the more chance that it never happens. I wouldn't put a bunch of restrictions on HOW she gets the money to you (except that I wouldn't take a personal check in light of the two bounced transactions).

If she's willing to pay the fee for the wire, I'd give her the info and have her do that. You'd have your money quickly and safely.

Or...have her wire the money to your lawyer's account and then have him write you a check. If the lawyer is a friend, I'm sure they wouldn't charge you.

I'd say wire to the lawyer - NO WAY would I give this scammer my bank account and routing numbers! :scared1: Any crook with a computer and access to account/routing numbers could whip up a whole batch of fake checks.

I STILL say this HAG intended to commit fraud from the get-go, and since Rachel has been diligent, is now scrambling for a way to either get out of the refund, or is trying to delay in order to find a way to scrape the funds together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter