• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dining Packages booking starts10/17

We arrived maybe 30 minutes early for Simu last year with the dining package and they had already started seating people and it was wayyy too late for seats in front half of the seating, but they had a lot of rows roped off on one side. We ended up getting seated in the roped off front area due to some CM magic but otherwise we would have been in the back 1/3 of the theater and on the side. For a popular narrator, I'd probably line up an hour early if you want to sit in the front few rows. They start seating at least a half hour early so you really only are waiting in line maybe half an hour. I think sitting up close is 100% worth it if you are interested in the narrator or orchestra/conductor, as you can see much more up close. The narrator is so far back that it would be hard to see their expressions beyond the first few rows, or perhaps I have terrible eyesight lol. It was fun being able to see all the expressions of everyone. It's still great from far away, but it was special for us to be up close. We were in maybe the 2nd or 3rd row and you can see how far back Simu was, but we were practically next to the conductor.

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

We booked Dec 13 Brandon Fraser, Spice Road. I’m kind of shocked that people are recommending to line up over an hour early even with the dining package?
I believe they let the stand by line in about 15 min early? Most of the recommendations I read on different sites say 30-45 min early with dining pkg.
We saw the CP dining pkg in 2021 on Dec 21 I believe. Courtney B. Vance was our narrator and we showed up about 20 min early, had plenty of seats. I’m guessing this won’t be the case with Brandon Fraser but I don’t want to line up over an hour early.
Brendan Fraser is popular, so I imagine seats will fill up fast. I would show up 20-30 minutes early if you don't mind being towards the back or at the sides. In this picture, when we arrived 30 minutes early for Simu last year, all of the rows that are visible in the picture were already full and pretty much all of the center section rows behind that. Only the back 1/3 of the theater was open, and mostly on the sides. Part of the problem is everyone that is seated early spreads out a lot and leaves empty gaps between parties, they squish people together closer to showtime but until then, lots of wasted good seats. There will definitely be seating for you since you have a package but it just may not be close up unless you line up early.

ea0a7d7f-1bba-427a-9386-7fcd474d1319-jpeg.721572

I think who is going to drive how busy it is earlier in the wait. We had a Garden Grill package deal a couple of years ago, with I forget who it was, I don’t think a most popular person, but we lined up almost an hour before, and had mid center seats.

We changed our reservation from the 11th to the 13, because my adult kid said only name known was Fraser. And so, we have Coral Reef package booked, with an early dinner and 7 pm show.

We enjoyed it before, and looking forward to this year’s show.

You can see in this photo that some of the further back seats can have difficult views. We used to get there early and would be in the first three or four rows. Last time we sat way back here. IMG_1006.jpeg

... For a popular narrator, I'd probably line up an hour early if you want to sit in the front few rows. They start seating at least a half hour early so you really only are waiting in line maybe half an hour. ....
That is the best advice. How early you need to get in line really does depend on how popular the narrator is.

As I posted earlier, I did the CDP with a friend last year. Whoopie Goldberg was the narrator. The dining package line for the 5:15pm show was already long when we got in it about 45min or so before the performance. We did get unobstructed seats but it was pretty full as we were sitting down.

The attached pictures were taken from my seat with my Galaxy S22 Ultra phone, 1x "zoom" (yeah, so "standard", not zoomed, nor wide angle). The 3x Optical zoom worked ok during the performance, the 10x struggled due to the lighting, as did the digital zoom. Those pictures look a little blocky and noisy as you zoom in.

Attachments

• 20221202_170301.jpg
    20221202_170301.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221202_172755.jpg
    20221202_172755.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20221202_180259.jpg
    20221202_180259.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
IMG_1998.jpeg
CP with Josh Gad and the wonderful Voices of Liberty last year taken with my phone using the zoom. I was in an accessible spot near the front. Definitely worth being in line an hour early.

Booked twice this year… NPH and Brendan Fraser. I’ll definitely be on line early.

We did the CP dining pkg on Dec 22 2021 and when we walked into the theatre about 20 min before the show, the standby line was definitely still waiting outside. I left my husband and kid in our seats and went to Germany to get a hot spiced wine (it was freezing out lol) and as I was walking out, they started to let standby in. By the time I got back about 5 min before showtime every seat was filled.
Reading all these comments though, I plan to show up a little earlier this year and I might even ask a cast member in the area what they recommend.
I’ve been going to the CP for almost 30 years and have never seen the standby line entering the seating area before the dining package line

I’ve been going to the CP for almost 30 years and have never seen the standby line entering the seating area before the dining package line
Same. We tend to line up 45 min+ prior to our time and still are rather far back in the pkg line, depending on the day of week & narrator. No complaints for our date last year with Josh Gad (who did a great job). Think we were directed there by a CM as the back portion was already almost completely full.

IMG_4072.jpeg
They didn’t enter before the package line began, but they did enter before all the people in the package line entered the theater.
as tgropp, that is decidedly not the norm.

IMO it’s unacceptable for standby to gain entrance until the line has been funneled into the theater.

they do open up the unclaimed seats prior to actual show time.

:crazy:
Grabbed a couple of initial packages the day schedule released. Idea to then speak to the mr & let him choose

Called dining same day as only pkg for 3 pp showing dates I needed

Dining rep at that time said no problem, once you decide which date, call back & we can adjust down to 2 pp

Great

I did cancel the dates we didn’t need the next day

Today, I call back to dining to adjust the res for 3 down to 2 pp

Told they only could give me the 8:30 pm show for my current reservation time if switching from 3 to 2 pp. we currently have 7 pm show

??? Made no sense to me

instructed to call back the day prior to ck on cancellations, as in maybe they could change things then

If not, would be up to restaurant manager to decide whether I pay the $10 no show for one person the day of reservation.

No idea that was a policy. Thot the no show for ADRs was per res, not guest. Has never come into play for us in past

Granted, Not as tho $10 is huge amount of $, just seemed strange to hear it today.

Think I’ll call again tomorrow under the ‘if you don’t get the answer you want the first time…’. Especially, since many have stated they had no problem modifying when calling in this year :confused3

Grabbed a couple of initial packages the day schedule released. Idea to then speak to the mr & let him choose

Dining rep at that time said no problem, once you decide which date, call back & we can adjust down to 2 pp

Great

Told they only could give me the 8:30 pm show for my current reservation time if switching from 3 to 2 pp. we currently have 7 pm show

??? Made no sense to me

instructed to call back the day prior to ck on cancellations, as in maybe they could change things then

If not, would be up to restaurant manager to decide whether I pay the $10 no show for one person the day of reservation.

No idea that was a policy. Thot the no show for ADRs was per res, not guest. Has never come into play for us in past

Granted, Not as tho $10 is huge amount of $, just seemed strange to hear it today.

Think I’ll call again tomorrow under the ‘if you don’t get the answer you want the first time…’. Especially, since many have stated they had no problem modifying when calling in this year :confused3
The cancellation fee is per person, not per reservation, but I can’t understand why the CM said you must change showtimes if you lower the number of people in the reservation. Good idea to try another CM. Good luck!

Yes! No change to the food (that I recall) but the inside (the village square) is decorated for Christmas and the band plays Christmas carols. If you google are lots of pictures and videos. It's definitely special at the holidays -- the food is meh to fine (in my opinion) but the atmosphere really puts you in the spirit. As of last year, they were still seating one party per table, which is another pro, in my opinion.
You talked us into Biergarten as well for CP in early December. We have Coral Reef, but switched over - a little worried about the food, but hope the Christmas atmosphere will make up for it. Thanks

You talked us into Biergarten as well for CP in early December. We have Coral Reef, but switched over - a little worried about the food, but hope the Christmas atmosphere will make up for it. Thanks

Same! We are not crazy for the food, but looking forward to the atmosphere. We will be there December 18th at 4:10PM. Hoping we can make it to line up an hour before show time (7:00PM).

Did anyone book a CP package this morning for their trip? When I look now, every single time, restaurant, and date show as sold out on the app, mobile website, and desktop website. My ADR day hasn't come up yet, but this still seems strange.

The cancellation fee is per person, not per reservation, but I can’t understand why the CM said you must change showtimes if you lower the number of people in the reservation. Good idea to try another CM. Good luck!
When did it change to a pp charge? Or is the CP package handled differently then a regular ADR.

As far as I know, it has always been per person. But, except for special cases (CRT, any prepaid event), you wouldn’t be charged if you had a reservation for 3 and only 2 showed up.
The poster has a reservation for 3 but 1 be a no show.

Great

??? Made no sense to me

Think I’ll call again tomorrow under the ‘if you don’t get the answer you want the first time…’. Especially, since many have stated

What a CM says on the phone does not matter at all. Unfortunately it could be much more than $10. I don't recall exactly where I read the story here on the DIS but they showed up for a dining package at WDW short one person & the restaurant refused to drop the extra person or even only charge only $10 for the missing person. They had to pay the full price for the missing person or they would lose their entire reservation.

ETA: found the stories, R&C Fireworks dining does this to people. I still would not take the gamble with something as expensive as a CP package...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter