Candlelight Processional Dining Packages booking starts10/17

Ok, help me (theoretically) decide. Got 2 CP, one for dinner on 12/9 at Biergarten with 8:30 show and one for lunch on 12/10 at Spice Road with 5:15 show. We aren't sure which day yet as we'll be driving over on 12/9 after a soccer game and don't know the game time yet. It's a quick trip and we'll leave the night of 12/10. Assuming we have a choice, which CP would you attend?

Reading comments it sounds like you can hear a lot of the show while standing in line for the next one. As first timers to Epcot at Christmas, will this take away from seeing it? Thanks for any advice!

My understanding is that it starts when the restaurant opens.

You must enter and place your order, requesting the dining package. You can NOT mobile order it. SO be there first in line before they open.
OOOOHHHHHHHH! I understand now. Thanks for clarifying! I thought it was like you can go up and ask if there's availability for the dining package and you go back whenever during the day to get food. Got it. Thank you!!!

Ok, help me (theoretically) decide. Got 2 CP, one for dinner on 12/9 at Biergarten with 8:30 show and one for lunch on 12/10 at Spice Road with 5:15 show. We aren't sure which day yet as we'll be driving over on 12/9 after a soccer game and don't know the game time yet. It's a quick trip and we'll leave the night of 12/10. Assuming we have a choice, which CP would you attend?

Reading comments it sounds like you can hear a lot of the show while standing in line for the next one. As first timers to Epcot at Christmas, will this take away from seeing it? Thanks for any advice!
You have plenty of time to decide. I mean, you can cancel without fee 2hrs before (per the fine print). My first thought would be that your 12/9 would be Soccer Game -> home to clean up -> Drive to Disney for dinner... will you make the dinner time? So I'd go with the 12/10 Spice Road lunch to play it safe.

As for hearing a lot of show in line. Yes. I experienced it last year attending my CP. We saw the line for the 7pm show forming around 6, so we got in line. We heard a lot. BUT it didn't detract from my enjoyment being in the theater to see/watch the show.

This year, I opted for the 8:30pm show ticket with my breakfast dining reservation. I know I'll get in line about 7:30pm.

As for hearing a lot of show in line. Yes. I experienced it last year attending my CP. We saw the line for the 7pm show forming around 6, so we got in line. We heard a lot. BUT it didn't detract from my enjoyment being in the theater to see/watch the show.
I mean, I guess there may be some spoilers if you don't already know the Christmas story. ;)

I mean, I guess there may be some spoilers if you don't already know the Christmas story. ;)
I assume that’s a tongue in cheek comment!

For me the CP is “performance” as a whole…the way the narrative is interwoven with the music, chorus, orchestra, the trumpet flourishes, etc. I appreciate the 5:15 show and the freshness for me as it unfolds.

A later performance isn’t a deal breaker… I try to see it as a “prelude”. Still love the magic of hearing it for the first time at 5:15. Everyone’s different though.

I'm doing a very short 2 night stay 12/15-12/17 post Disney Cruise (Wish) and was able to secure LeCellier at 1:15 and a 5:15 show the morning booking opened. I saw CP several years ago for the first time and enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it a second time.

On another subject I went on Disney and got very lucky and found me a fireworks dining package at Spice Road. I'd rather of had Rose & Crown, but I'm still thrilled something just popped open, Nothing was there for all week.

I assume that’s a tongue in cheek comment!

For me the CP is “performance” as a whole…the way the narrative is interwoven with the music, chorus, orchestra, the trumpet flourishes, etc. I appreciate the 5:15 show and the freshness for me as it unfolds.

A later performance isn’t a deal breaker… I try to see it as a “prelude”. Still love the magic of hearing it for the first time at 5:15. Everyone’s different though.
Slightly cheeky I guess? I was thinking that the traditions are already familiar for most of us such that hearing them while in line wouldn’t spoil the performance.

I certainly think watching the whole show together is better than catching snippets walking by or waiting in line, but if you offered me the opportunity to listen in on the orchestra run through before any symphony or opera I loved, I would always do it in a heartbeat. I also show up for the shows about 10-15m before they start when I have reserved seating because I’m not particular about our views. Absolutely no judgment from me if other people want to catch the first show!

Slightly cheeky I guess? I was thinking that the traditions are already familiar for most of us such that hearing them while in line wouldn’t spoil the performance.

I certainly think watching the whole show together is better than catching snippets walking by or waiting in line, but if you offered me the opportunity to listen in on the orchestra run through before any symphony or opera I loved, I would always do it in a heartbeat. I also show up for the shows about 10-15m before they start when I have reserved seating because I’m not particular about our views. Absolutely no judgment from me if other people want to catch the first show!
I agree with the comment above, you have reserved seating, so show-up closer to the show time. Unless you want near the front, there are plenty of seats and you are garanteed seating.

We booked Dec 13 Brandon Fraser, Spice Road. I’m kind of shocked that people are recommending to line up over an hour early even with the dining package?
I believe they let the stand by line in about 15 min early? Most of the recommendations I read on different sites say 30-45 min early with dining pkg.
We saw the CP dining pkg in 2021 on Dec 21 I believe. Courtney B. Vance was our narrator and we showed up about 20 min early, had plenty of seats. I’m guessing this won’t be the case with Brandon Fraser but I don’t want to line up over an hour early.

It’s fun to visit while in line cause everybody is excited and happy .
Definitely will be in line one hour early cause I paid for the seat !

We booked Dec 13 Brandon Fraser, Spice Road. I’m kind of shocked that people are recommending to line up over an hour early even with the dining package?
I believe they let the stand by line in about 15 min early? Most of the recommendations I read on different sites say 30-45 min early with dining pkg.
We saw the CP dining pkg in 2021 on Dec 21 I believe. Courtney B. Vance was our narrator and we showed up about 20 min early, had plenty of seats. I’m guessing this won’t be the case with Brandon Fraser but I don’t want to line up over an hour early.
I'd recommend the 30-45 minutes in advance. The 2023 show will be very different from what it was in 2021 - much more crowded. In reality, while some narrators are more popular than others, most shows are going to be very full this year. Once they open the line for the dining package folks, it'll move pretty fast. But we've seen that they'll begin to let standby in around 10-15 minutes prior.

I'd recommend the 30-45 minutes in advance. The 2023 show will be very different from what it was in 2021 - much more crowded. In reality, while some narrators are more popular than others, most shows are going to be very full this year. Once they open the line for the dining package folks, it'll move pretty fast. But we've seen that they'll begin to let standby in around 10-15 minutes prior.
We came 30 minutes before to the dining package line (it was backed up to Morocco by then) and almost got obstructed seats and had to compete with the standby line for our seats.

Last edited:
I agree with 30 minutes prior to CP, especially if you are open to seating where ever there is room. Sometimes this is weather dependent, but that is plenty of time to get good seats and relax before the show begins.

We came 30 minutes before to the dining package line (it was backed up to Morocco by then) and almost got obstructed seats and had to compete with the standby line for our seats.
Yup! Same experience.

I saw Josh Gad last year and was in line an hour before show time… and I wasn’t first. Paid a lot of money for the dining package… wanted a good spot.

You only get one shot at it… if you misjudge how long that line is going to be, ain’t nothing you can do… lot of money for an obstructed view isn’t what most people are looking for!

I thought they sit dining package line first before letting standby in?
I know that we came less than 20 min early a couple of years ago and we were basically at the end of the dining line walking in already and had lots of picks for seating. They let standby in 15 min early.
This time we will come 30-45 min early,I don’t care if we have the best seat honestly but I expect it to be busier.
Does the dining pkg group get different seats from those in standby or is it all the same seats and standby takes anything that’s not taken?

I thought they sit dining package line first before letting standby in?
I know that we came less than 20 min early a couple of years ago and we were basically at the end of the dining line walking in already and had lots of picks for seating. They let standby in 15 min early.
This time we will come 30-45 min early,I don’t care if we have the best seat honestly but I expect it to be busier.
Does the dining pkg group get different seats from those in standby or is it all the same seats and standby takes anything that’s not taken?
The last time I went, it was all together. If they had separators, they had been removed by the time we got in.

Thinking about trying this. Picked up a lunch at Coral for a 8:30pm showing.

Is it worth doing? I never been to Epcot around Christmas time. Is it decorated? Thinking to do this or go to very merry ( already been there once though )

Thanks

This is shocking to me. We did the dining package for Angela Bassett last year during the busy week between Christmas and and NYE, showed up no more than 20m early, and walked in to decent seats maybe 5 rows back towards the left of the audience (but not all the way to the left). The only “obstruction” was the conductor. I would have been happy to be further back or left.

This is shocking to me. We did the dining package for Angela Bassett last year during the busy week between Christmas and and NYE, showed up no more than 20m early, and walked in to decent seats maybe 5 rows back towards the left of the audience (but not all the way to the left). The only “obstruction” was the conductor. I would have been happy to be further back or left.
This happened in 2021. Maybe they changed how they seat people So this doesn’t happen anymore?

This happened in 2021. Maybe they changed how they seat people So this doesn’t happen anymore?
We did the CP dining pkg on Dec 22 2021 and when we walked into the theatre about 20 min before the show, the standby line was definitely still waiting outside. I left my husband and kid in our seats and went to Germany to get a hot spiced wine (it was freezing out lol) and as I was walking out, they started to let standby in. By the time I got back about 5 min before showtime every seat was filled.
Reading all these comments though, I plan to show up a little earlier this year and I might even ask a cast member in the area what they recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter