can't find turtle place by paradise cove (edited: now with directions and photos!)

Thank you so much for the details and photos!! This will be such a help for us!

Amazing! We went to the North Shore and saw about 5 turtles on the beach the waves were high and rough so couldn't go in. I completely forgot about this location, wish I saw this before we left Friday evening! Adding to my list to do next time!

Or you could do like me and my husband and go there via the ocean side path.... just, kidding, not recommended. But we did it twice still lol. It starts out promising enough with nice wide rocks to climb.... then not as good lol and you're traversing like goats! But luckily, last time we went, we did see turtles! So cool!

Thank you! We head out in 10 (eek!!!) days and have been wondering where this elusive cove was. Your directions are good enough that even I can probably find my way. And that's saying something. You rock!

Please make sure you understand the regulations surrounding the sea turtles. Don't want to be a wet blanket, but you're really supposed to get out of the water if they are around. You're supposed to try to give them space. And even if they seem friendly, they're not. http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/blog/2014/06/06/nr14-068/

totally. we did try to stay out of the way, but they would swim so close to us (almost like they were curious about us) that sometimes we couldn't get out of the way fast enough to give them the 6-10 ft requested on that page. and pretty much everyone there at the beach was very respectful. we kept telling each other (esp. the kids), don't touch them, leave them alone!

and i hope you'll see these:
View attachment 162605

View attachment 162606

View attachment 162607

View attachment 162608

View attachment 162609

these turtles were truly fearless. they just came right up to us, and i'm not even sure why! it's not like anyone was giving out food or whatever. it almost seemed like they were as curious about us as we were about them. they probably came round 5-6 times during the hour we were there, maybe more. kinda lost count after a while.

my whole family enjoyed the experience, and it was so close, so easy to get to from aulani. please make time for them if you're at aulani. only took about 10 minutes (less if your kids walk fast, lol).

This was so incredibly helpful, THANK YOU!!!!

what time were you there? We went last September around noon time but didn't see any. It was such a bummer. Only the monk seal was there.

We are heading there again in a month and hopefully going to see them this time!! finger-crossed!!

what time were you there? We went last September around noon time but didn't see any. It was such a bummer. Only the monk seal was there.

We are heading there again in a month and hopefully going to see them this time!! finger-crossed!!

we arrived around 2:45 p.m. and left about an hour after. didn't see any monk seals, so your last visit wasn't a total loss! i hope you get to see the turtles next month. :)

Thank you so much for the great directions and photos.

Oh my goodness,they are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lived in Hawaii for 3 years, and it truly felt like home. I miss Hawaii so much and your pictures just reminded me why!

Oh my goodness,they are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lived in Hawaii for 3 years, and it truly felt like home. I miss Hawaii so much and your pictures just reminded me why!

thank you! maybe it's time for a return visit? :)

Thank you!!! We just came back from a 7 night stay and your directions and photos made it very easy to find the beach. There were no turtles there when we went, but we were able to see sea turtles on the north shore and right below our hotel balcony in Maui. We'll try the Paradise Cove beach again when we return to Aulani.

Thank you!!! We just came back from a 7 night stay and your directions and photos made it very easy to find the beach. There were no turtles there when we went, but we were able to see sea turtles on the north shore and right below our hotel balcony in Maui. We'll try the Paradise Cove beach again when we return to Aulani.

bummer! glad you got to see them up north and in maui though.

Thank you so much for the directions and pics! We went yesterday and my girls were so excited to see a turtle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter