***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

I

I made the decision and bought them plane tickets. I just don't trust that everything will be fine and don't want them to get in the situation where they have to find gas. I think my son is a bit relieved because he would have been the main driver and they were driving home on Memorial Day. Now that we won't have a car, I some more planning to do
After yesterday, that’s a smart decision because people have lost their minds! Good luck with the planning. My daughter was a DCP 2 years ago and is stressed out about not having a car when we’re there because she got used to the freedom. But also glad to not make the 12 hour drive again. Have a great trip!

4 more days!!!

Can anyone there now or who just came back tell me about the love bug situation this year? Is it bad? I heard there were swarms a couple years back. If that's the case this year, I need to prep my kids!

I'm 2 hrs west but it's been very light love bugs here. Hopefully the same at WDW. I'll be there on Monday.

Oh also the humidity is much better today and hopefully for the next several days! I have my windows open (at least till the sun is higher).

Looks like availability was just added for the rest of the month starting next week. Not sure how I feel about that. Raised capacity ? More crowded ? I arrive Sunday. Just going to try and have a good attitude and adjusted expectations.

Looks like availability was just added for the rest of the month starting next week. Not sure how I feel about that. Raised capacity ? More crowded ? I arrive Sunday. Just going to try and have a good attitude and adjusted expectations.
I was really hoping we could get in before the crowds increased.

Me too ! I was thinking Memorial Day or after is when the increase would happen.

No more masks required outdoors as of tomorrow (except when in line for an attraction, presumably)!! All parks are available for reservations from 5/17 through the end of the month and into June.

What a day.
I am now over the moon excited for our trip! Honestly at this point, I don't think the crowds will be at the new capacity since there is so much pre planning involved (fingers crossed).

I know this is a deeply unpopular opinion but I think it’s too much too soon. If I wasn’t already fully vaccinated I would probably be canceling my trip. Yes, the science says outdoor transmission is low but the CDC is still recommending masks for unvaccinated in crowded outdoor situations and they literally just upped capacity.

I feel for the poor CMs at shops etc. who will have to enforce this now. They just got thrown to the wolves.

I agree that it’s too soon since kids aren’t able to get vaccinated yet. But we’ve decided to continue with our trip. My son uses a DAS pass so that will help keep us apart from some of the crowds. And he’s going to get his first shot this Tuesday. He won’t be full immunity, but he’ll have some protection. I always assumed park capacity would be back up to 50% by June 1st. What concerns me right now is dining. It was already so difficult to get anything, there’s not much left for anyone booking a last minute trip. I’m hoping the extend hours again which would release some more dining times. But I’m afraid the QS lines are going to be very long.

I am now over the moon excited for our trip! Honestly at this point, I don't think the crowds will be at the new capacity since there is so much pre planning involved (fingers crossed).

I was thinking the same thing-between having to plan travel (if you have to travel a distance), the gas situation, and kids typically still in school (here in FL we still are and most are in person, mine are missing a few days for this trip)-I don't think people are going to flock there Monday. But I expect Memorial Day and onwards to be packed!

I agree that it’s too soon since kids aren’t able to get vaccinated yet. But we’ve decided to continue with our trip. My son uses a DAS pass so that will help keep us apart from some of the crowds. And he’s going to get his first shot this Tuesday. He won’t be full immunity, but he’ll have some protection. I always assumed park capacity would be back up to 50% by June 1st. What concerns me right now is dining. It was already so difficult to get anything, there’s not much left for anyone booking a last minute trip. I’m hoping the extend hours again which would release some more dining times. But I’m afraid the QS lines are going to be very long.

My best advice is mobile order at rope drop, as soon as you get to the park, and pick a slightly off hour time slot. That way you can still get a decent time to eat. You can always modify your slot if you need and they don’t actually start making your food until you click I’m here in the app.

Weird question. Have any of you used compression knees sleeves in the parks? I have arthritis in my knees and was wondering if compression sleeves would help with the soreness.

Here now . Just a quick Magical Express report. Will write up some more detailed park days later.

First time taking ME, I usually drive but had an airline credit to use. Arrived around 1 pm yesterday. Line was long when I got in it but by 10 minutes later you couldn't see the end of it. But, it ended up not being as bad as thought it would be. 35 minutes from when I got luggage until check in point.- on the bus at @ 55 minutes bus left about 10 minutes later - I was first stop - BWV- 1 hour 35 minutes total time.

They loaded very other row with assigned seats from back to front. I have no idea how long it was for those way behind me. I was lucky to get in line when I did.

The more reports I read of recent visits the more scared I am about crowds. More and more I am relieved I decided to skip the parks on Memorial Day and am just having a pool day at GF.

I always have a hard time falling asleep the night before a Disney trip. Because of the distance from my home to the airport, I'm going to have to get up at 2:30AM for my 6AM flight, this time. How am I possibly going to be able to sleep tonight!?!? o_O

Also, anyone else ever get sad about having to come back from vacation before you've even left your house? lol

I always have a hard time falling asleep the night before a Disney trip. Because of the distance from my home to the airport, I'm going to have to get up at 2:30AM for my 6AM flight, this time. How am I possibly going to be able to sleep tonight!?!? o_O

Also, anyone else ever get sad about having to come back from vacation before you've even left your house? lol
Yes! We'll be there next week. Already sad about coming home! And we have a 6:00 am flight there, too. Not sure how that's going to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter