Cape May for dinner and for a character breakfast

Popovich

<font color=green>I can't stand to be so close to
We are staying for the first time at BCV in October with our 2 6yr old DDs and 4 yr old DS. Grandma and Grandpa are joining us.

We are deciding whether to plan a dinner at the Cape May Cafe for the clam bake and a character breakfast on another day. How is the food?? We love clams and the dinner menu seemed appealing. How is it for breakfast? We did Chef Mickeys and Park Fare for breakfast last trip and liked them both.

I'd be very interested in your comments and experiences there.:Pinkbounc

We enjoyed Cape May a LOT! We went for dinner in early March, not having high expectations- it was one of our few meals we didn't have a PS for ahead of time- we just called 2-3 hours ahead and got a PS for 7 or so. There was tons of food to choose from- my DH and MIL had shrimp and clams and clam chowder- I had ribs and salmon, plus they had tons of salads, sides like corn/rice/broiled potatoes, kids stuff like chicken fingers, fish nuggets, hot dogs and mac and cheese, they had I believe Prime Rib on the carving board, plus a pasta with seafood in it, some sort of beef stir fry, roasted chicken. And then there was the desserts......oh my oh my...they had cheesecake, key lime pie, a cobbler with whipped cream, chocolate torte, a cake, cookies, Krispy Kreme donuts, Jell-o, salt water taffy and probably several others I am forgetting. It was a great dessert set-up, let me tell you! I have a PS for my upcoming trip because I want my mom to try it- plus the Beach Club is just a nice place to walk around before or after dinner- we plan on walking over to the Boardwalk after dinner to burn some calories! :p

I meant to add that we also did Chef Mickey's for dinner another night, and while the characters are cool at Chef Mick's, I thought the food selection was much better at Cape May.

We really enjoy Cape May for breakfast. My husband loves the blintzes. The buffet has nearly everything you want. The omelet (prepared eggs with cheese, peppers, sausage, etc) is very good. This is not an omelet prepared to order, but is prepared in a large skillet.

We love Cape May for breakfast and dinner! We did both on our visit last month.
For breakfast, the food is good. Goofy, Chip and Dale are dressed in beach attire and visit each table. Minnie looks adorable in her beach ensemble and stays at the entrance.
Dinner is very tasty! Being from New England, the seafood is not quite what we are used to but it is still very yummy! I know some people have said they don't like the fact that the clams are now served with tarragon garlic butter but they are really delicious. (I think you can order them plain.) The mussels were also good. Plus, there are plenty of other foods to please everyone.
We have always had excellent service at both meals. I love the atmosphere and decor. (Maybe I was a mermaid or other sea creature in another life!!)
This is our favorite resort by far and we always make it a point to eat at Cape May.

Thanks for the input. I think we will try Cape May for both meals!

The dinner and breakfast buffet sounds like a good fit for all. I can't wait for vacation!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter