Car rentals on WDW property?

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
We usually rely on WDW transportation during our stay but are thinking of renting a car for a couple of days to do some other Orlando theme parks. Are there rental car agencies on site? If so which ones and where are they located? I don't know of any other way to get to Universal or Sea World from a Disney resort other than Mears. I don't know the cost of Mears for the 5 of us for a total of 3 trips off site. I think it may be worth renting a car for the 3 days but only if a rental site is easily accessible from our resort. Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Alamo® Rent A Car, the Official Rental Car of the Walt Disney World Resort, is conveniently located at the Orlando International Airport and at the Car Care Center near the parking exit of the Magic Kingdom® Park. For Emerald Club customers, National Car Rental® is also located at the Car Care Center. Shuttle service to and from your location is provided seven days a week, Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Holiday hours may vary.) Shuttle service should be scheduled at least one hour in advance. Call (407) 824-3470 for shuttle service and reservations.

I have used National Car Rental twice(first 2 days of my stay & last two days of my stay) and never had problems. They picked me up from the ASMo and dropped me off at the ASMo as needed.

Also, both National and Alamo have a counter in the Dolphin hotel. My mother used Alamo in January, got a great rate online, and had no problems picking it up. Just had to go into the hotel and complete the paperwork, then the hotel staff brought it around just like Valet parking...(oh and she was told at the counter not to tip...Alamo covers that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter