Car seat for a 4 yr old

dbbutz

Earning My Ears
I hope some one can help me.
I am taking a Disney trip in Feb.
We are flying down to mco and renting a car.
Will I need a car seat for Florida?
I did a search and found a web site saying that 4-5 yr olds can
be strapped in the back seat with seat belt only.

If I need one should I bring one from home or rent one
($5/day) We are staying for 6 nights.
Thanks,
:bounce:

dbbutz,

good question about the 4 yr. old. we are also going within a few months and have already planned on bringing the car seats for our 2.5 and 4.5 yr. olds. Now I'm wondering with the oldest if I need one. However, I feel much more secure with her being in a car seat, so I'll probably still bring it this time.

We rented a car seat the first time we visited WDW with our DD. Never again. The price of a week's rental is very close to the purchase price. So now, we bring the car seats along. We place a sticker on them with our name and address, and check them with the luggage. Some people do use them on the plane, but for some reason, our car seats didn't fit.

When we rented from Dollar last trip, we got a minivan that actually had built in booster seats with a 5-pt harness. I think the model was a Dodge Caravan. So, depending who you are renting with, that could be another option.

Sharon

The last three times I went down we rented with Dollar and got the Dodge Caravan and it had the built in carseat in it. And if you find a code you can get a Caravan for the week for $179. That is one of the things that I looked for when I called to get my car that the Cars had the built in car seat.

Jacket93,

You wouldn't happen to know the code for $179/week with Dollar, would you?

TIA,

Sharon

MulanMom,
I got that rate In Aug of 2001 using the FVG code
you can also try sun, kiss
I just checked for when I am going this Aug And I pulled up $219 for a Week

If you check Mousesavers.com you can find a lot of codes to try .
I check the rates online at Dollar and plug in the codes that I found on Mousesavers
for the dates I am going and pick the best one . Try them all some of them will give you better
rates different times of the year.

Hope this helps.

Jacket93,

Thank you for the info. I will be sure to try it out. So far I've got a great rate with L&M that'll be hard to beat, but not having to lug around car seats is worth something!;-)

Sharon

No, you do not "need" a car seat for a 4 year old so it completely up to you on what you are comfortable with.

I also wouldn't rent a car seat from a car company; I'd rather bring my own if I decide I need one.

Also, I believe the quote you get from Dollar does NOT include taxes and fees.

Good luck!

What Florida Law says about...
Child Restraint Requirements

All children under the age of 18 must be buckled up while riding in any car, pickup truck, or van on Florida's roads, no matter where they are sitting in the vehicle.
Children through the age of 3 must be secured in a federally approved child-restraint seat.
Children ages 4 through 5 must be secured by either a federally approved child-restraint seat or a safety belt.
Drivers are responsible for buckling up the child.
The cost to a violator will be a minimum of $60.00 plus $10.00 court costs.

http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/html/Floridalaw/fllaw.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter