Carry On and Toiletries

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Anyone flown recently with a carry on? Wondering how strict they are with toiletry bag? I have items less than 100ml, and DH doesn't need anything so I guess I'll have 2 toiletry bags but pretty sure I won't have enough room with a small ziplock. Wondering if its a touch bigger if they allow?

I think it’s a 1 liter (so frozen sized) ziplock each. We’re thinking of attempting this in August when we go to Disney but I’m still learning about what is a liquid (deodorant?)…

It's the medium sized ziplock freezer bag. Some security people even want you to be able to do it up. I got small bottles from the store and put enough for a week into each. Only liquid at room temperature needs to go in. Deodorant, lip stick and sunscreen that is a solid stick doesn't need to go in. Pack it carefully like you do your carryon and it will work.

Again it all depends on the security at the screening as to what they let slip by and what they don't. Use all bags available, that's what I do when I travel with DH.

Thanks. We have 7"x8" which seems to be the size? Only going for 4 days but still doesn't change items.

Another question...do the items need to lay flat side by side? Or can you put a few on top of each other as long as you can close the Ziplock?

I had mine so tightly packed and layered. It closed, so all was good. If they wanted they could look at it from all sides.

When I went in the fall, DD15 and I each had our own 1L bag. In them we had the following:

(in varying container sizes)
4 face serums, 2 face creams, 2 toners, 1 face wash, 1 body wash, toothpaste, 2 sunscreen, make up remover, mascara, lipgloss

Since I don't need a 30ml bottle of face serums for a week away, I buy these smaller bottles and decant from the bigger sizes:

https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-392250...ar-plastic-spray-travel-bottle-50ml#sku419142

When I went in the fall, DD15 and I each had our own 1L bag. In them we had the following:

(in varying container sizes)
4 face serums, 2 face creams, 2 toners, 1 face wash, 1 body wash, toothpaste, 2 sunscreen, make up remover, mascara, lipgloss

Since I don't need a 30ml bottle of face serums for a week away, I buy these smaller bottles and decant from the bigger sizes:

https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-392250...ar-plastic-spray-travel-bottle-50ml#sku419142
Thank you. Wow, you were able to bring a lot in 2 liquid bags. I have the travel size shampoo/conditioner, hairspray, moisturizer and I do put my hair serum in travel containers. To limit liquids, I find that makeup wipes and Olay dry pre-face clothes work well as they don't take up liquid space. Still, those two bags are packed. (And will still need to pick up some shaving cream when there)

@Frozen2014 You could just use the shampoo and conditioner at the hotel, and body wash if they provide it. DD has eczema so we always bring our Ivory brand.

Check out those mini bottles I linked. You would be surprised at really how much you need of something. I always do a practice run through a month before. I fill up the smaller bottles and use those for a week (or whatever length) and see if that is enough product for my trip.

I always grab a few extra bags at security when I go through. I also like to get as many solid forms of things as I can. Right now I have solid shampoo, condition, soap, body lotion, facewash, sunscreen and toothpaste. That way I can just bring the liquid forms of things I absolutely can't find solid.

I've never had an issue with the amount I have.

A travel agent who vlogs her trips was doing a pack with me video as she only does carry on. When it came to her toiletries, she uses two big plastic toiletry bags. Since she brings her carry on, plus personal bag, when she puts her stuff into the bins for xray, it looks like each bags goes with a toiletry bag! They never check to ensure who grabs what off the belt once it goes through! Genius.

A travel agent who vlogs her trips was doing a pack with me video as she only does carry on. When it came to her toiletries, she uses two big plastic toiletry bags. Since she brings her carry on, plus personal bag, when she puts her stuff into the bins for xray, it looks like each bags goes with a toiletry bag! They never check to ensure who grabs what off the belt once it goes through! Genius.
Sneaky but so smart! ...lol

DH will have my second toiletry bag and I do wonder if they will question why he needs concealer and some of the other hair products :laughing:

Another suggestion to save some room - use a contact case for some of your liquids. I put two face moisturizers on either side of a contact case. It holds more than you think - I've used for seven days and still had some left in the case. I also do this for a hair paste I use.

Another suggestion to save some room - use a contact case for some of your liquids. I put two face moisturizers on either side of a contact case. It holds more than you think - I've used for seven days and still had some left in the case. I also do this for a hair paste I use.
I like this idea too. Since they are flat you can jam a few in there!

That's a great idea!

I use either a Large or X-Large freezer bag, depending what I have on hand when I’m packing, and have never had an issue. I just did this flying to and from Romania a couple weeks ago. The only issue in the bag was my blow dryer my husband decided to put in his carryon instead of his checked bag like I asked him to. 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter