Carry On and Toiletries

It’s nice there’s so many solid options now for sunscreen, shampoos, etc. I always use the hotel Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. That saves a lot of weight in luggage. Especially if I know the products they use. The only one I won’t (can’t) use is Universals Cabana Bay. It’s way too harsh. Fits the resort theming but I have to give it a hard pass.

Anyone flown recently with a carry on? Wondering how strict they are with toiletry bag? I have items less than 100ml, and DH doesn't need anything so I guess I'll have 2 toiletry bags but pretty sure I won't have enough room with a small ziplock. Wondering if its a touch bigger if they allow?
If you look into TSA pre, I believe the do not have to follow the 3-1-1 rule.

Other than that I have seen agents allow people dump all but 3 oz. of a product out..... I have also seen at the same airport an agent throw out an entire bottle....

I would say it is all hit or miss....

Depending on where you are staying you could ship them to yourself, or instacart if you are really worried about it.

Returned from our trip and no issues with toiletries. I managed to pack a Ziplock each (layered so not flat). They barely looked on the way there. On return from USA, they said we didn't even have to remove the Ziplock bags from our carryon's (so they didn't even care).
I never remove my toiletries from my suitcase (carry on) when it goes through security.

If you look into TSA pre, I believe the do not have to follow the 3-1-1 rule.

Other than that I have seen agents allow people dump all but 3 oz. of a product out..... I have also seen at the same airport an agent throw out an entire bottle....

I would say it is all hit or miss....

Depending on where you are staying you could ship them to yourself, or instacart if you are really worried about it.

TSA PreCheck still has to follow the 3-1-1 rule, however in most instances are not required to take the 3-1-1 bag out of their carryon bag and can instead leave it in. But the items still must meet the 3-1-1 requirements of each container no more than 3.4 oz/100 mL, all in one 1 quart bag, and one bag per person.

TSA PreCheck still has to follow the 3-1-1 rule, however in most instances are not required to take the 3-1-1 bag out of their carryon bag and can instead leave it in. But the items still must meet the 3-1-1 requirements of each container no more than 3.4 oz/100 mL, all in one 1 quart bag, and one bag per person.

Attachments

• IMG_0769.png
    IMG_0769.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 6

Maybe I’m miss reading the tsa pre website …

I think you may be misinterpreting it.

With TSA pre-check, liquids in your carryon-bag still have to comply with the TSA liquids rule (aka "3-1-1 rule"). However, almost always you will NOT have to actually remove the 3-1-1 liquids bag from your carry-on bag (nor take off shoes, light jackets, belts, or take your laptop out of your carryon bag).

( Since "TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening." That means that sometimes even with pre-check you end up getting normal screening or the pre-check screening with a variation )

This is also on the TSA Pre-Check webpage:

1690139412119.png
You still have 3-1-1 liquids in their 1 quart bag, you just don't have to remove them (usually; TSA has their little caveat: "TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening.").

I believe it has recently changed in the UK. Here's what I found

Much like the requirement to remove your laptop, however, this rule is also changing with the introduction of advanced scanners. When using these scanners at security, the limit is two litres (70oz) of liquid, rather than 100ml. This is because the new scanners’ detection algorithms call attention to any dubious items that may warrant further inspection - such as liquid explosives.

It is from this article.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/...ags-separating-liquids-checkpoint-faster.html

I'm sure there is more out there about this, I heard it was happening about a month ago. It's a good change.

ETA--Here's something about Canadian airports. Doesn't look exactly encouraging but not discouraging either.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9358556/airport-security-liquid-electronics-changes-uk/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter