Castaway Cay Double Dip

We do a lot of freshwater swimming up here -- it's always on the cold side, even in the summer -- and I'm like you, I like to just jump right in. It's a bit of a shock but I get used to the water temperature more quickly that way. Re: our March visits to CC, it was sunny and in the low 80s both times (I checked our old Navigators to make sure I wasn't misremembering). For us, that's balmy. :)

Low 80s and sunny is beach weather!

I’m not seriously considering it quite yet, but there’s a 4 night Double Dip in March ‘22 that I have my eye on. I was close to booking a 5 night Double Dip before COVID. For a two adult trip, it looks like a good price and honestly I won’t be upset about missing Nassau.

My questions are what is the weather at CC like in March and has anyone ever done this sailing? Or one similar to it? Just looking for your experiences. I won’t start real planning until I know more about when Disney will be sailing again and/or when vaccines are available. Thanks!
Please explain what a double dip is????

Went yesterday to check on the March '22 DD and all the extended balconies are gone. In fact, the boat looks half booked so if anyone's one the fence ...

We had been thinking about a Disney Cruise for sometime but finally pulled the trigger when the Spring 2022 itineraries came out. Based on all our research, reading feedback on the boards, and watching the DCL Fan videos, the Castaway Cay double dip seemed to be a big crowd favorite so we jumped on it right away. When we made the reservation our agent on the phone was telling us this would be a very popular cruise.

Super excited for our first cruise. Not to worried about the wether in the Bahamas during March, I am positive that it has better than Chicago!

We had been thinking about a Disney Cruise for sometime but finally pulled the trigger when the Spring 2022 itineraries came out. Based on all our research, reading feedback on the boards, and watching the DCL Fan videos, the Castaway Cay double dip seemed to be a big crowd favorite so we jumped on it right away. When we made the reservation our agent on the phone was telling us this would be a very popular cruise.

Super excited for our first cruise. Not to worried about the wether in the Bahamas during March, I am positive that it has better than Chicago!

We may be on the same cruise..! I booked both the DD in November on the Fantasy AND the March DD on the Dream just in case November is too soon for things to mostly be normal again..! It'll be our first DD.

I find that it makes me appreciate the day we have on the island even more for normal cruises!

The cruise immediately prior to our double dip, we weren't able to dock at Castaway (Weather/Wind/Undercurrents) so I rationed it as a "Makeup day" :P

We were on the Dream in March 2013. The weather was nice, but too cold for us to swim. There was a cool breeze. I kept on my swimsuit coverup the entire time we were on CC. Hubby kept his t-shirt on. The kids braved the water just to say they did, but didn't stay long in it. I have a feeling the temperature is hit or miss. Our most recent trip to CC was in December 2018. The temperature was warmer and we could stay in the water longer, but the wind still made it chilly when you were wet and out of the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter