CBR or WL?

firsttime

Earning My Ears
It is our first trip ever to Disney. Which resort would you pick. WL or CBR, taking hubby, 6 and 7 year olds. Would like one with good transportation, food and pool.:confused:

Hi, we have done both, each resort is very nice but before you decide you have to ask yourself a few questions, how much $$ do you want to spend, what parks are you going top visit more often and what theme would you rather have.
Wilderness Lodge has excellent food service and good transportation to the MK by boat, the rooms are about the same size as CBR but since it's all in the one building you don't have very far to walk to get to everything, however some of the bus routes at WL are very long and it is shorter to get to epcot by going to ttc by bus then going to epcot on the monorail.
Carribean beach has more pools and a huge food court with alot of food chioces but you have to take the bus everywhere and the bus stops are not as close as WL. though, we have never done CBR with kids I would reccomend the Wilderness Lodge just because there is more to do and things are a little more easier to get to espicially when your traveling with kids. I have a 7 yo and 3 yo and they loved it and are currently begging me to go back.

good luck

Matt
----------------------------------------------------------
WL '02
PO-R '01
Poly '00
Disneyland '97
CBR '92

Originally posted by gannonmbpk
however some of the bus routes at WL are very long and it is shorter to get to epcot by going to ttc by bus then going to epcot on the monorail.

That's actually a common misconception. People think that going to Fort Wilderness is waaaay out of the way. Actually... it's right ON the way... The routes are not very long, no longer than the average run out of any other resort.

I haven't stayed at CBR so I don't know much about it. However, we chose WL for our 2001 trip. It was my DH and my boys first trip. They were 4 and 7 at the time. The WL made for a completely magical trip for us. So much so that we can hardly see ourselves staying anywhere else now and we will be there again in Sept.

My oldest who rarely ever shows excitement over much of anything just about died when he walked in the WL for the first time. I will never forget the expression on his face when he saw the lobby. He was in total awe. My boys loved the geyser, the pool slide, and the hot tubs.

The boat to MK is a plus since that's the park we were in the most. We did not find the buses to run slow at all. Our longest wait at the WL was no more than 10 minutes. We found the wait at EPCOT to go back to the WL the longest wait of about 15 minutes. Most mornings there was a bus waiting or pulling up when we got the the loading area.

We ate at Whispering Canyon one evening and my boys had a great time and the food was pretty good. My then 4 year old still remembers the maids folding our towels into all kinds of fun animals. He still talks about that today. The WL made for a very magical trip and I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter