• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Meets--no kids

As someone who does WDW exclusively with other adults (no kids here yet), I've met a ton of characters and it never felt awkward to me or to any of the other adults I was with at the time! If you do feel like other guests might be judging you, don't let it deter you from having a good time -- you'll never see those guests again, but you'll hopefully have a great character meet experience to take home with you!

Solo adult here who has done meets and character meals and had good to great experiences. I had a nice visit with Cinderella this year at Princess Fairytale Hall; she was very sweet and chatty. (I think she was a bit lonely because a lot of us were in her line primarily to meet Elena). CM handlers have been great and welcoming, and if I've ever gotten any looks from guests I haven't noticed (and wouldn't really care).

So sad! Cindy was being ignored! That is a travesty......and yes, I go meet characters all the time :)

My sister and I travel to the parks together and we spend so much time meeting the characters. It's so much fun! You will see plenty of adults meeting the characters. Go for it!

I've only done meet and greets with the fur characters or Star Wars characters. I've not been brave enough to meet the face characters. Something new to try!

I've done lots of character meets as an adult (including having the characters sign my autograph book). You have just as much right to have fun at Disney as a kid. Don't feel the least bit embarrassed about doing character meets.

Not only have I done it as an adult, I've done it solo. CMs won't think it's odd at all. And on the off chance another guest thinks it's weird, it's likely you'll never see them again.

Yup. My DH and sister and I do them all the time. Last year its was group of SIX adults doing the character meets. And on my last trip I went to meet Anna and Elsa by myself (and I was the only adult in my "grouping" that actually went to meet them. Everyone else was there with kids and didn't do the meet or take pictures.). I felt self-conscious a bit, but honestly, they are so used to seeing adults doing the greets, I dont think anyone really cares and the characters are usually very interactive regardless of who you are.

My husband and I went last year for our honeymoon. It was my husband's first time to Disney and he thought he wasn't going to like it because "it's for kids". I can tell you right now he was super upset when we missed Mary Poppins...lol

I personally like meeting the costumed characters more, but we had fun meeting all of the characters! There's just something about giving Winnie the Pooh a hug!

I've done it a bunch and the only character that was slightly awkward was Mary Poppins, but it was all good! So much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter