Chef Mickey's breakfast?

GlennandAnn

<font color=9966FF>If found, please return to Boar
We're thinking about booking Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We'd be taking 2 DS's ages 5 and 1. What's the scoop on this restaurant? Is the food good? How's the service? Thanks for any and all information!

Ann:earsgirl:

Your DS's will love this place. It is frentic, fast-paced, entertaining and fun. The food is mediocre at best -- there are better breakfast buffets at Disney. Service is ok -- the big draw are the characters and the fun.

Personally, the place gives me a headache with acid indigestion, so I avoid it. But then again I don't have kids.

We went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast on our last trip and loved it. The food was good, service was great, and the characters came around at a great pace. We've done most of the other character b'fasts and liked this one the best. We'll be returning again in October and have this place on the must do list.

Chef Mickeys is a staple of our every vacation:p . I can't say that this is my favorite buffet (that would be Crystal Palace) but it is wonderful for character interaction. We get some of our best photos when we eat here.

The place is on the loud side - but it's suppossed to be a party. We are going back in Sept. and we can hardly wait.:wave:

My boyfriend and I went on our recent trip and loved it! They take a photo of you before the meal in front of this giant plate and then offer it to you before you leave during your meal. The character interaction is great...they even stopped over by us two adults! The food I found very good...wide variety, eggs, waffles, french toast, bacon, ceral, danish/donuts, etc. The service, however, was less than great...I think you and your children will overall enjoy it!

We traditionally eat our first morning's breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We love it, especially the napkin waving!

We have done Chef Mickey's two times (last year and just this past week). There is plenty of food to choose from, so I'd be suprised if there wasn't something for everyone. They have a great fruit selection, your usuals of bacon, sausage, waffles (Mickey shaped), pancakes, eggs, cheesey-bacon-egg-type casserole things, homefries, all kinds of cereals, some vegetable lasagna (I know, breakfast, but they did have it), and they even have pizza and PB&J pizza (looked good, but my kids didn't try it), they have donuts, pastries, etc., etc.

It is expensive for breakfast, but you are paying for the characters so that is why it is more expensive than a normal breakfast buffet. We love it. It is nice to have Mickey and Minnie and Goofy and Pluto, and Chip and Dale all come right to your table. They also take your picture when you come in and then bring it to your table if you want to buy it.

If you have an early PS for Chef Mickeys, how early do the buses start running? I have this feeling that we will have to find some other way over there.

(Our PS is for 7:50am and we're staying at AKL)

The buses start running early for character breakfasts. We had a 7:00 a.m. PS for Chef Mickey's and the first character breakfast bus came at 6:20 a.m. However, our bus driver said that people look for the buses to say "Character Breakfast" and they do not, they say "Magic Kingdom" for Chef Mickey's.

We've been to Chef Mickey's on all our previous trips to the World. When planning for this summer I thought we'd try something new, especially since our kids are getting older.

DS, who's 12, insisted we go back.....and we are! :D

I agree with everyone here.

We are going to CM for breakfast in early May. Luckily, we wanted a 7:00 PS, because they ONLY had 7 and 9 ones...

Moral of the story, PS early and PS often. ::MickeyMo

:chat: 1.407/WDW.DINE

Chef Mickey's breakfast is our second favorite meal in all of WDW (right behind Crystal Palace bfast). The food is great, the atmosphere is fun and the character interaction is excellent!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter