Chewie, we're home... A May 2015 TR! Update 11/3

Matt was definitely a trooper about coming to the park. I'm glad he made it to spend time with you all!

Isn't it so strange to go into Hollywood and see the theater? I loved the hat, so little torn over it being gone.

I can't believe someone tore open those boxes. I hate when people do things like that. It's like I tell my kids--you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! ;)

I'm glad Matt got his card holder. And your Groot shirt is TOO cute! We love guardians of the galaxy at our house!

Sorry Matt was still sick that morning. Sleep was probably the best thing for him, though.

Awesome Goofy Vinylmation. You did an amazing job.

The milkshakes at Sci Fi are delicious, definitely something you gotta get when you eat there.

I get that people want a particular Vinyl, but half the fun of them is taking the chance. Why would you rip open all those boxes just to try and get the chaser? Rude.

That sucks that Matt wasn't feeling good. Looks like you still had a great day tho. I collect vinylmations too. That custom one is really good. People that open the boxes should just go buy it on eBay or something. My sister actually did get the chaser summer Olaf.

Your custom Goofy vinylmation looks really good. I don't collect them, and I also don't have much artistic talent for painting or drawing. The trip sounds good so far, even though Matt was sick. We, luckily, have never been sick at WDW, except for the hangover I had from the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert party, but that was self-induced.

Oh man, poor Matt! Being sick in general sucks, but in your favorite place? Worst.

Mike and Eryka sound like really great people. So cool that y'all were able to hang out on this trip.

Okay seriously with the ripping open the boxes? Come on, people. Rude. RUDE.

Eeep! I'm so glad you're doing TRs again. I met you in September at the Animal Kingdom outside of FotLK and we were talking about doing TRs and I'm so glad you continued on with them!

Sorry to hear that Matt wasn't feeling well - glad that some added rest seemed to help and he was able to show up later in the day and not be fully out of commission

That's a cool idea to pain the vinylmation and give it away - very fun way to connect with the community. Always great to have a creative outlet like that as well. :thumbsup2

That is one of the best/clearest shots I have seen of the view without the Hat. I remember going to MGM before there was a hat and am glad that view has returned. It will be interesting to see what becomes the "icon" for that park going forward as there isn't really a weinie for that park now.

that is sweet that Mike got medicine for Matt .... things like that, where it is clear they were thinking of Matt and putting his needs ahead of their own are just really nice and show true friendship - or at the very least being a decent person :thumbsup2

That's cool you got into Sci-Fi with no ADR ... sometimes it is really nice to break up a day with a spur of the moment table service meal.

Love that you had the Cars laces and you put them on - very fun!

I am sad to see the news/rumor that One Man's Dream is going away as part of the changes to DHS ... really hope it is going to be relocated and not just gone.

On the flip side I did read that they are going to reestablish the M&G with Hiro and Baymax later this year with some changes/upgrades coming to Baymax so that is cool

wow, that is crazy that someone would open the vinylmation boxes like that - just that feeling that they are more important than other people really grinds my gears.

that Rocketeer card holder is pretty cool and very nice of Mike got it for Matt for his birthday party:

I was a bit conflicted on if I should watch the video now or later but I caved. And of course it was great, as always! You guys always have so much fun and are just the sweetest. Your choice of music is always on point. You inspire me to really want to make a video one of one of our trips. I wonder if I could figure that out before we leave in 10 days....

What a bummer that Matt was feeling so bad but I am hoping that long night of sleep was the turning point for him.

I love your vinylmation. You are crazy talented.

We've had luck getting a walk up at Sci-Fi too. I almost kind of prefer the tables to the cars so you can talk with each other. The other seating arrangement can be awkward especially with an odd number party. I didn't know about this grilled cheese but am keeping that little nugget of info tucked away for future use!

How terrible that someone did that to all the Frozen vinyls. Ironically we have the summer Olaf and I can't seem to get the regular one. I know there was talk at some point stopping but do you know if they are still trading at DStreet (or any location at WDW)?

Hi there, I'm joining in and I'm all caught up! WOW -- you guys really went flat out on day 1 ....BRAVO! And, you have just the best friends ever -- that was an awesome surprise :) Thanks for the double-decker grilled cheese tip for Sci-Fi. I too, am a big-time grilled cheese lover -- so I'm definitely noting this for future trips. Can't wait to see what happens next!

I've so far resisted watching your trip video. I want to see if I can make it to the end of your recaps before watching it- no promises though. :P So glad to see that Matt was feeling well enough to join up with you guys. Great job on the Goofy Vinylmation! Can't wait to see what other ones you've done!

I'm loving this TR, great pictures and details. You all look like a super fun family!

Wow, wow, wow!!!! Pretty sure these are the best photos of WDW I have ever seen. You are incredibly talented.

Excited to learn that I can order a grilled cheese at Sci-Fi! Going next month and although the menu didn't thrill me, I wanted to try it for the atmosphere.

Definitely following along! So glad you're doing another trip report! The photograph of Spaceship Earth with the monorail is gorgeous btw.

Joining in - love your trip reports!

Poor Matt, never fun being sick at Disney. Sci-Fi looks fantastic! We have our first reservation there in October; looking forward to the milkshakes.

I LOVED YOUR TRIP VIDEO!! It was so awesome! And um, I'm kind of an emotional person and I definitely got teary eyed. Does that make me weird? That might make me weird but that's ok :rolleyes1 I especially loved seeing the bonus clip where your friends surprised you! That was so funny!

Great updates too! Sorry to hear Matt wasn't feeling well (in WDW of all places!) but glad to see the extra sleep seemed to help.
Also, that Vinylmation you painted looks amazing! You're super talented! My son is interested in Vinylmations but it seems like kind of an expensive hobby to get into so he's collecting tsum tsum's now instead :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more!

So excited you decided to do another report! Sorry Matt was sick, but it's nice he was able to try to rest up. Hope you had a wonderful trip! September is indeed sticky, though flower and garden rocks. September gets me with the value season for the resorts and the low crowds. Though it is a new level of hot.

Subbing in! Dani I have read every one of your trip reports. The problem is they have all been completed once I read them. I love them though! You and I have a very similar sense of humor. So happy to be joining one of your trip reports IN PROGRESS :) Coincidentally I was just at the world from May 2 through May 8. What an awesome week weather wise huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter