Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cubs-win-4-1478218002-9946.jpg

OH MY WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

that is all :D

My only regret is that he didn't throw to second to get Murphy...but that cannon arm, he has to use it, lol. Stupid Brewers winning 1-0 top of the 9th~ uggghhhhh. Nope, make that 2-0 :headache: On the up side it sure was fun to see Avila today. He called a great game and his FIRST CUBBIE BLEACHER BOMB!

Tampa Bay better stink this bad when we play them :rolleyes2. Brewers momentum on a huge high. I watched this to re-energize the positive vibes

Last edited:
JON "GET OUT THE TAPE MEASURE" LESTER ON THE MOUND~LETS GET THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!
I don't get to watch AGAIN...:sad2: but will be rooting for them
jon-lester-profile.jpg

Tommy LaStella called up, Rob Z. down. Pretty sure Joe just wants Tommy along for the Easy Rider road trip
Wxw64UUt

DGjgCaCWAAAA81L.jpg:large

Yesterday's game was a great one and an equally great way to end our time in Wrigleyville. I was thrilled to experience a Cubs win at Wrigley. Finally! Oh, and Harper getting the final out? Hahaha! Loved that!

We did a tour so we got to see the ivy up close, visit the trophy without a line, and meet Mike Montgomery. Hubs had the opportunity to ask him about his first HR (we were at that game) and he seemed to really enjoy talking about something other than last years WS win (which all us fans are still reveling in!).

We celebrated the victory at the Cubby Bear and Murphy's Bleachers but... we're just too old for that! But it was fun to be surrounded by so many other Cubs fans.

It was a great trip and we met so many nice people. Thanks to all of you for the kind birthday wishes too!

Years ago, Kansas State had a kicker who was so bad the fans would audibly groan when he came on to the field. Edwards has hit that status with me now. Ugh.

Who was that closer that the Cubs had more than a decade ago that would blow games left and right?

Years ago, Kansas State had a kicker who was so bad the fans would audibly groan when he came on to the field. Edwards has hit that status with me now. Ugh.
:eek:! Carl will be fine. Joe /FO pushing quickly to get him to closer status and seeing if he can take the mental pressure. If they have him to close it opens up a boatload of cash for another SP. It's just too soon, I think. It is a head scratcher to pull Monty after Harper's cheap single. Had that not happened I doubt we even see CEJ. Many asked why no Rondon today instead of CEJ, lol....probably the same *fans* who were calling for his head 2 weeks ago. People on line moaning that Murphy was walked,,,RIGHT after everyone moaning why didn't Joe walk Goldschmidt and Harper :rolleyes:. While the bullpen cost the game, it should have never been a 1 run difference. Bryzzo might want to find a bat that works soon. KB's injured ankle and finger must still be an issue and I would say Anthony's back, but he sure looks ok. As stellar as #44 is defensively , his bat has gone cold, 2 twin killings today were brutal. The error by KB instrumental in the tying run. Schwarb's error hurt as well but at least he did contribute offensively. Team W, team L.

Yesterday's game was a great one and an equally great way to end our time in Wrigleyville. I was thrilled to experience a Cubs win at Wrigley. Finally! Oh, and Harper getting the final out? Hahaha! Loved that!

We did a tour so we got to see the ivy up close, visit the trophy without a line, and meet Mike Montgomery. Hubs had the opportunity to ask him about his first HR (we were at that game) and he seemed to really enjoy talking about something other than last years WS win (which all us fans are still reveling in!).

We celebrated the victory at the Cubby Bear and Murphy's Bleachers but... we're just too old for that! But it was fun to be surrounded by so many other Cubs fans.

It was a great trip and we met so many nice people. Thanks to all of you for the kind birthday wishes too!
Glad you had a great time! Flying the W in Wrigley is pretty awesome. Plus you got to see Zobie play! Talking to Monty had to be amazingly cool. I have yet to take the tour, I really want/need to do it. Not surprised to hear folks were nice, it is the Friendly Confines after all.I was on board 'till you said Murphy's lol....I won't set foot near the place when playing the Nat's, or in '15 when playing the Mets because of Daniel Murphy lol. Let's hope this round in CA has a better result than the last trip out west. Facing a lot of lefty pitchers so I you will see AAJ getting the play time against the Giant's. Should be good for him and he does pretty good at that park

Last edited:
@FINFAN ... sorry to interrupt the Cubbiness ... but I just heard ... wait ... *snork* ... hold on ... I can't even ... the Dolphins just paid Jay Cutler $10 million ... oh my god I can't breathe ... for one year.

What the heck?!?!

Oh ...

4c441ac2f87b255aaebc3a74680e313c--packers-baby-packers-football.jpg

@FINFAN ... sorry to interrupt the Cubbiness ... but I just heard ... wait ... *snork* ... hold on ... I can't even ... the Dolphins just paid Jay Cutler $10 million ... oh my god I can't breathe ... for one year.

What the heck?!?!

Oh ...

4c441ac2f87b255aaebc3a74680e313c--packers-baby-packers-football.jpg

pour the salt Robin, go ahead. Your forgot the $3 mil incentives. First crappy Sux blood infiltrates the Cubs and now more Bears blood on the Dolphin's.I blame Gase~but then again at least we avoided Krapernick. Dolphins will make Cutler look half way decent tho. He better get his behind to the gym A.S.A.P. ~we made the playoffs last season, I plan on it again.THEN , as if the Brewer's aren't annoying enough, I see they continue to copy the Cub's to the very last detail. Puh-leeeeze~nice try.Yes, I know the Brewers have done themed trips before..but I just lose respect for a team that basically scan/copies to a T. My new nick name for them is the Backwash Brewers
images
they got a little confused on the theme..Barney?Willy Wonka?Minnesota Viking's?Batman?Mary Poppin's? For once I have to give it to Braun(just threw up a little in my mouth)
DGk_K5FU0AAnvJY.jpg

Cutler will be hurt/out by the September Jets game anyway, and for ONCE DH and I will be rooting for the same football team this year! He has crossed over to the right side from the Bears to the Fin's!

Last edited:
As this is our first return to AT&T Park since the playoffs~Throw back today for Willy since he is on a tear. Specifically hid 2 RBI double in the 9th (10/11/16) against the Giants , game 4 during the play-offs. He beat the drum like crazy.
sjm-giants-1012-026.jpg
JHey bunting then and I'll take another wild throw from Crawford any day. I want those kind of at bats to return. That game, was as big as game 7 to me.

https://www.mlb.com/video/contreras-two-run-single/c-1205741983?tid=94784770

mlbf_1205741983_th_45.jpg
giphy.gif

Willy took out S.F. that night

godzilla-2014-pic.jpg

Ironically,
Haruo Nakajima, known as the first Godzilla suit actor, passed away today at age 88.

As this is our first return to AT&T Park since the playoffs~Throw back today for Willy since he is on a tear. Specifically hid 2 RBI double in the 9th (10/11/16) against the Giants , game 4 during the play-offs. He beat the drum like crazy.
Sadly for me, with the west coast times, I won't be able to watch. :sad:

Here's hoping me not watching for a few days will get them back in a groove. :thumbsup2

Sadly for me, with the west coast times, I won't be able to watch. :sad:

Here's hoping me not watching for a few days will get them back in a groove. :thumbsup2

I'm going to make it about an hour and then zzzzzzzz <snore>

If anyone's staying up cheer loudly for us!

Here's tonight's lineup...as expected, AAJ gets to start! Jake had himself a nice homer of Bum at AT&T...Maybe he can hit one off of Moore?

images
upload_2017-8-7_19-15-7.jpeg Guys have to help Willy out!

DGqUv1KV0AQQJpw.jpg:large

Giants lineup (Cueto on the DL, Kyle faces Bum on Wed)

DGqTlGaVoAAHE5F.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter