Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

If you were, you need to send us a clip? When I'm streaming, I don't get the 7th inning stretch (or any other between inning stuff/commentary)...just a screen that says commercial break. :sad:

So here we are during the stretch, lol...back row~DS w/camera, me, my brother and my SIL . The guy with glases that the Mazda sign is over? Wore that W like a shawl all night, was deiving me crazy. As soon as he got up and headed somewhere? Zobie clocks that homer. People, DO NOT unveil the W flag until the last out of the game!!!!!!! There REALLY needs to be a note stating that
inside the packaging or something, lol.

getPart

DIgWgH8XcAQhisA.jpg
Javy's weave....all I can say is if it make's him happy and we get the W? OK by me but not really a fan of the look.
Also, WILLY! WAS CROUCHING AND CATCHING!
DIgTF4BXoAA-gMj.jpg

DIgSsh2XoAAcgxh.jpg

Update on Addie and it isn't good. Scratched from tonights Iowa game and heading back to Chicago. Foot still an issue. Verlander trade rumor's flying like crazy but I am hoping not. Just does not make sense to pay for Verlander at his age. I don't think Detriot wants a player anyways, but they could flip Addie for some serious $$$$$ once he's healed. At any rate, looks like Javy and his braids have the SS job for prob rest of the year. If anything happens to Javy tho, we have an issue as no one else a FT SS...Zobie/Happ/LaStella in a pinch but certainly not starters there.

Looks like Q finally got his win!
just an observation~ and all due respect to Boz and his family on the loss of his Dad~but both Monty and Q had GREAT games (minus Q's fist inning tonight) without him there...just sayin'. However I know Joe took a lot of time talking w/Q before the game, and Rivera a factor in there as well. Called a great game

Lester slotted to start on Saturday, pushing Monty to Sunday and Jake Monday. I'm a little torn since the last time we were at a game that Monty pitched~ he got rocked against Milwaukee 11-2, and Leathersich contributed to that brutal game..but we DID see Jon Jay pitch,lol. However, when Monty pitched against the Braves (in ATL) last month he got the W, AND his first Homer, and we swept. Kewz was at that game! I'm banking on the ATL Monty...no way does the other one happen again.

Update on Addie and it isn't good. Scratched from tonights Iowa game and heading back to Chicago. Foot still an issue. Verlander trade rumor's flying like crazy but I am hoping not. Just does not make sense to pay for Verlander at his age. I don't think Detriot wants a player anyways, but they could flip Addie for some serious $$$$$ once he's healed. At any rate, looks like Javy and his braids have the SS job for prob rest of the year. If anything happens to Javy tho, we have an issue as no one else a FT SS...Zobie/Happ/LaStella in a pinch but certainly not starters there.

I know you have me blocked but I'll respond anyway. Verlander absolutely makes sense. Lester is hurt and his performance hasn't been great lately. We're going to lose Lackey and Jake at season end so we obviously have room for another pitcher. And the FA market for pitchers coming up will be pretty weak. We also won't have to give up much for Verlander besides eating his salary.

Last edited:
So here we are during the stretch, lol...back row~DS w/camera, me, my brother and my SIL . The guy with glases that the Mazda sign is over? Wore that W like a shawl all night, was deiving me crazy. As soon as he got up and headed somewhere? Zobie clocks that homer. People, DO NOT unveil the W flag until the last out of the game!!!!!!! There REALLY needs to be a note stating that

getPart

Can't see it. :(

getPart
I can't see the image either.

As for the W flag, my friend who sits behind me yells at me when I *open* my W flag ziplock in the 9th inning. It's bad ju-ju to wave it before they actually win. I have actually opened the bag to only have to close it back up and not wave it at all :(. #ThatsCub

I can't see the image either.

As for the W flag, my friend who sits behind me yells at me when I *open* my W flag ziplock in the 9th inning. It's bad ju-ju to wave it before they actually win. I have actually opened the bag to only have to close it back up and not wave it at all :(. #ThatsCub
I figure it's WAY better to err on the side of caution..I don't pull that ziploc out until the "Cubs Win" happens lol. I'm good with not being the first to fly the W, I'm not ok with being the reason we couldn't :scared:

not sure why the pic isn't showing but it fun to have happen lol. First time that I know of for us in a camera shot during the 7th

Fin or Robin....

If either of you is at the game tonight and you find someone that doesn't want the Anthony Rizzo emoji hat, I would be eternally grateful if you were to snag one for me.

Fin or Robin....

If either of you is at the game tonight and you find someone that doesn't want the Anthony Rizzo emoji hat, I would be eternally grateful if you were to snag one for me.
I will be at the game but won't be there in time to get one :(.

However I know Joe took a lot of time talking w/Q before the game, and Rivera a factor in there as well. Called a great game

Len and JD commented last night about how good they were together. Showed clips of Rivera being encouraging, fist pumping, etc. They also said Rivera probably won't be on the post season roster. If they worked that well together maybe that's something that should be reconsidered.

However, when Monty pitched against the Braves (in ATL) last month he got the W, AND his first Homer, and we swept. Kewz was at that game! I'm banking on the ATL Monty...no way does the other one happen again.

We actually met Monty earlier this month. Kev told him we were at that game when he homered. He seemed glad to talk about it. :chat: Nice guy! Definitely hope he's the Monty we see!!

And regarding Verlander...just read that they are saying a trade is "possible but not probable" at this time.

Noooooooo!

I was supposed to go to the Cubs game next Friday afternoon, my first trip to Chicago and Wrigley. Just found out the game was moved from 1:00 to 7pm, and now we have a conflict :(

Anyone want 3 tix ;p

Noooooooo!

I was supposed to go to the Cubs game next Friday afternoon, my first trip to Chicago and Wrigley. Just found out the game was moved from 1:00 to 7pm, and now we have a conflict :(

Anyone want 3 tix ;p
Robin and I were going to go together as well and neither of us can make the night game now either. %@*# RATINGS! Brewer fans will be thrilled now as they only have to take a 1/2 day off work, if that. Only up side I see is that the guys get a smidge more rest after heading back from Pittsburgh, but I'm reaching here.

Fin or Robin....

I am going Sunday...sorry!

Tonight's lineup~JHEY scheduled day of rest, Interesting that Rivera gets 2 in a row, guess the righty bat...maybe Avila jawing about Jake Tuesday didn't go over so well?Or Kyle maybe prefer's Rivera?Who knows. Lester prob wants Avila for Sat
Lets pick up the bats right where they left off last night!!!!!!!!!!!
images

DIlIe86WsAA0ksh.jpg:large

Get the W Robin!

Last edited:
Len and JD commented last night about how good they were together. Showed clips of Rivera being encouraging, fist pumping, etc. They also said Rivera probably won't be on the post season roster. If they worked that well together maybe that's something that should be reconsidered.

We actually met Monty earlier this month. Kev told him we were at that game when he homered. He seemed glad to talk about it. :chat: Nice guy! Definitely hope he's the Monty we see!!

And regarding Verlander...just read that they are saying a trade is "possible but not probable" at this time.
The Verlander thing...Just because the Cubs have $$$$ doesn't mean they should dump it all into 1 aging pitcher when we need to replace at least 2 soon. We also need bullpen arm(s), and have a bit of a SS issue now. Addie getting MRI about now, I think.
Latest update...good to hear on Maples
The Cubs are likely to add four players on Friday when rosters expand including Justin Grimm (finger) who's been on the disabled list. Catcher Victor Caratini will return while infielder Mike Freeman will get a spot as a backup to Javy Baez at SS. But the most intriguing player is reliever Dillon Maples. He began the season at Single-A but flew through the system while striking out 100 batters in 63.1 innings at three different minor league levels. His slider is said to be electric. The Cubs will have to make some 40 man moves to accommodate Freeman and Maples.

Brave's infielder Brandon Phillips has been scratched from tonight's game......:scratchin(went to the Angel's)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter