Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

And Javy stealing home??? Whew! I'm glad he's on our team. :scared::thumbsup2:rotfl:
They had a little advertisement last night on the jumbotron that included certain players' "bucket lists". For Javy: "Steal home plate twice in one game" :love1:.

I agree with you. I don't know what Maddon is going to do when Addie returns. I remember being nervous last year when Schwarbs was coming back so late in the season. And that worked out pretty well.

I'm not about to scroll back through 100+ pages but I'm fairly confirdent somewhere in those pages you were pretty unhappy with Happ's performances at one point. That has also worked out in the Cubs favor. So the lesson for you (and me!) is let's just trust Maddon and Theo to make the decisions. Good or bad, they've brought us this far.

You're correct that I was unhappy with Happ but it was only for a short period of time where he was struggling. It wasn't that he sucks or anything but only that perhaps he needed a break. Glad he figured it out.

They had a little advertisement last night on the jumbotron that included certain players' "bucket lists". For Javy: "Steal home plate twice in one game" :love1:.
In the meantime he's working on doing it every series, lol. Javy decided he was scoring when he left second.

Last edited:
images
images
upload_2017-9-1_16-50-18-jpeg.266445

Lackey pitched a gem!:thumbsup2 Javy.....manufacturing runs AGAIN!:worship::worship::worship:Rizzo with nice hitting in a game with very few:woohoo: and Happ came through when it counted!Shwarb's GREAT grab in the second, somersault and everything, and got Lackey to smile on the mound, lol. Zobie catching that line drive was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO ~ Per Christopher Kamka
Christopher Kamka‏ @ckamka
Best post-All-Star break (2015-17)
#Cubs 131-63 (.675)
#Dodgers 111-74 (.600)
#Indians 111-81 (.578)
#Rangers 110-81 (.576)

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-1_16-50-18.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-1_16-50-18.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
todays lineup for game 3 of 4~

WELCOME BACK JON~HOPE YOU ARE 100% TODAY

images
images
images

DIuftysW0AA3TNY.jpg:large

The Brewers continue to fight hard, beat the Nat's again last night 1-0, STL win against the Giants. We remain 3.5 games up, 12 over .500

4 hours and 14 runs later,
giphy.gif

Congrat's to Rivera on his FIRST major league GRAND SLAM!!!!!!!!!!! Rizzo's triple , Javy bomb, Jay bunt, AAJ line up the middle all terrific and then JHey Insurance Co in the 8th. Crazy game that I thought was going to be a pitcher's duel, ends up with a football score. We see Monty tomorrow, and he will be needed to go 7 as I think only Pedro and Grimm left and new guy Maples, who you really don't want to put in with less than a 6-7 run lead.
This W pretty huge..they ALL are now, but Brewers face Scherzer tonight and we go up 4.5 games if they tank. 15 games over .500~keep it rolling Cubs!

I was in Birmingham today so my son kept texting me updates. Glad for the win!

And what's up with using 13 pitchers?? I guess everyone wanted in on the action! At least that's my story...haha!

Fly the W!

I was in Birmingham today so my son kept texting me updates. Glad for the win!

And what's up with using 13 pitchers?? I guess everyone wanted in on the action! At least that's my story...haha!

Fly the W!
All I know is they might be asking fans in the seats if they can pitch tomorrow, lol. I am REALLY hoping Monty has a decent outing, DH has been to one game so far and it was the blow out one for my Bday against the Brewers..BUT THEY LOST TONIGHT in spite of the Nat's not giving a crap about the game. I would really appreciate closing out a perfect homestand set of W's tomorrow.

OT: Brett Michael's is playing our local fest right now , listening to Nothin', But a Good Time in my kitchen
images
We hear a lot of bands for free without paying $10 a beer or having to use porta-potties, lol

I thought I posted earlier, but apparently not!

I hope they have enough gas in the tank for tomorrow! My hubby and I are going to the game. My second in the week. It turns out that he can take Pam's spot in next Friday's game against the Brew Crew so I'll get 3 games in 8 days!

All I know is they might be asking fans in the seats if they can pitch tomorrow, lol. I am REALLY hoping Monty has a decent outing, DH has been to one game so far and it was the blow out one for my Bday against the Brewers..BUT THEY LOST TONIGHT in spite of the Nat's not giving a crap about the game. I would really appreciate closing out a perfect homestand set of W's tomorrow.

OT: Brett Michael's is playing our local fest right now , listening to Nothin', But a Good Time in my kitchen
images
We hear a lot of bands for free without paying $10 a beer or having to use porta-potties, lol
Maybe I'll bring my signed Monty ball with me for good luck.

I'm ashamed to say that I thought that Brett Michael had passed away :scared:. I saw him preform at one of our local fests a couple years ago and was entertained. I also love his Trop-a-Rocka Tea that was debuted on some reality TV show.

Kinda a sucky game. I got to sit with Pam for a couple uneventful innings.

Best part of the whole game (other than seeing Pam) was this:IMG_8171.JPGBall signed by Lee Smith!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter