Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Another picture from EPCOT and a funny story...

Saw these near where we saw Voices of Liberty. (all I can say is wow!!!)

ducks3.JPG

Anyway, while looking at these and as I was taking the picture, I thought I heard someone say "Don't touch those"

My daughter told me it was a guy on a scooter wearing a Cubs hat and he said "Go Cubs Go"

By this time, the guy was almost inside and far enough away I couldn't respond in kind. Stupid ducks distracted me!

Another picture from EPCOT and a funny story...

Saw these near where we saw Voices of Liberty. (all I can say is wow!!!)

View attachment 308232

Anyway, while looking at these and as I was taking the picture, I thought I heard someone say "Don't touch those"

My daughter told me it was a guy on a scooter wearing a Cubs hat and he said "Go Cubs Go"

By this time, the guy was almost inside and far enough away I couldn't respond in kind. Stupid ducks distracted me!
One trip we took, DS was about 8 I think...snd we were hanging by the water near BTMRR. There was a pair of ducks that just kept following DS no matter where he went (and he wasn't even feeding them) so he named them Joe and JoAnna. To this day (he is 23) any pair of ducks we see anywhere are Joe and JoAnna lol~so I guess during games we can expect you to cheer " Don't touch those!" :rotfl:

Last edited:
DYBfC4wX0AAOhEB.jpg:large

Baez $657,000 Montgomery $611,250 Schwarber $604,500 Contreras $604,500 Edwards $594,000 Almora $584,500 Happ $570,000

FIY Grimm makes 2.2 million......let that sink in

also Happ contract was renewed (@ $25,000 over the league minimum) since they couldn't come to an agreement on a new contract in Pre-Arbitration. Man, we are getting guys for an absolute steal. There must be a LOT of perks going on . JHey set the tone for playing where you want for less money...tho he is getting an absolute Ft Knox amount to adjust to that , lol

Last edited:

Rumor has it Jake prob signing in the next few days & Phillies heavy in the mix source:Bob Nightengale

ETA: CONFIRMED~Jake to the Phillies @ $75 million over 3 years. Numbers sure did change from the start of the off-season in both $ and years.

Pretty sure the Cubs offered him 4/$100..:confused3 so obv more to it than number's. I figured Bosio gone was a factor and really, he can be the big fish now which maybe helps him be at his best? Whatever the reasoning is best of luck to the Snake, sure did love having him on the Cubs and honestly, we got (what I think) to have the best years of his career.

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/farewell-jake-arrietas-cubs-career-has-come-end

ETA: This explains a little more

Arrieta salaries are 30M, 25M and 20M. Can opt out after two. Deal could go to 5 years and be worth 125M to 135M.

Phillies have that Hoskins guy (I hitnk that's his name) quite the slugger....and didn't they get us on a triple play last year?

Last edited:

I knew it was going to worse that Javy first let on :(.
update:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1894628/javier-baez

Previous reports indicated that Baez may be out until Tuesday, and that looks likely at this point. Though Baez said he felt ready to return to Cactus League action Sunday, Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer said the team is just being careful with the 25-year-old. "This is the time of year where there's zero reason to rush anything," Hoyer said. "He says he feels good, and we'll probably be cautious, and that's the smart and prudent thing to do this time of year."

no game today..which allows time for it to be a Jake Appreciation Day, lol.

SO many great memories...outside of his player accomplishments, a personal favorite was seeing him hand a bottle of champage he was chugging over the gate to a fan after the Cubs beat STL in the NLDS '15..we could feel the champagne spray lol. Waveland has provided a LOT of great moments,

Lance Lynn goes to the Twins~ 1 year/$12 ,mil...lets see if the Brewers, Nat's or Cards get Cobb

View attachment 308629 From Jake. Interesting. There is no mention of the fans until the very end.
Thanks for posting this! I think he did a decent job combining his personal and professional experience in a note of a reasonable length. Tell you what I love about it..hand written. Even tho it is posted on Social media~Not a typical tweet, Instastory, electronic post. I don't mind fan's being mentioned at the end, his praise of the individuals who work at Wrigley was very nice to see and the care for player's families. Lol, the comment of looking forward to competing made me smile in a good way~that's the Jake I loved watching pitch.

Last edited:
Who would want to pitch for the Cards? Snarkiness aside, the Twinkies are closer to the WS than the Cards.

17.4 to 12 is a big drop. And I disagree about Twins being closer to the WS. The AL is absolutely loaded with the Yanks, Astros, Indians, and Red Sox. Twins can't possibly get through that now or in the near future.

Well that made me tear up a bit.

The losses suck but players moving on is the hardest part of the game for me.

TOTALLY agree. You get so attached, and now with social media and player interaction it's harder than ever to see them go. When I saw the terms of his contract, the part of me still in denial was like...opt out after 2?...he can still come back!
The beginning, on the feeling of failure?...:sad1: brutal. Reading it again this morning just reiterates how classy he is. I mean, we all saw games where if the offense squeaked out even a handful of hits, we won because Jake was on the mound. That ain't no failure. I so appreciate him (and no offense Dex) NOT landing in the Division. I hope he flies the W every 11/3 (or 11/2 , or both)~and smiles. He** of a ride, Jake~ he** of a ride.

also Len tweeted this last night~ the feels:sad:

Len Kasper‏Verified account @LenKasper
2016, Phoenix, early April. In fact, the 1st Sunday of the season. I’m at Starbucks around 8:30 a.m., an hour before the team bus left for Chase Field. Jake Arrieta walks in. “What’s up Jake?” I ask. “Hey Len, just gonna dominate some people today.” He did.

Cubbie Blue sill still run through his veins under the red jersey

DYK0wBCXkAAtwsx.jpg
DYK7RxhX0AIJ8u4.jpg

and can we just admire his handwriting as well? The dude is disciplined in EVERYTHING!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter