Cake Topper
Our Disney Inspired Kitchen
Vendor List
Annual Passes and Escape Wedding Prices
Wedding Schedule and Ceremony Song List
Groom's Shoes
Floral Inspiration and Invites!

Hello All!

I am so thrilled to be starting this PJ for our Disney Wedding! I will give you all a little background about my Fiance Chris and I. Chris and I met my first year of college (his second) through a mutual friend and long story short have been inseparable ever since. I knew that Chris was the one when I found out he was a Disney fanatic just like me:) And I am marrying into a great family of Vacation Club Members (great pick on my part lol).

I am sad to say that we were not actually in Disney for the proposal. Chris planned on asking during Christmas last year and we were supposed to take a trip with my family but they cancelled so we were at home. But he did incorporate Disney a little.

He knew I wanted Carrie's Passporter to Disney Weddings and Honeymoons book for christmas so he actually used that to propose! When I opened the book I was excited to find my ring hidden within it's pages.

DSCF0522_zps7203c756.jpg

This is what it looked like!

DSCF0555_zps59f261da.jpg

DSCF0563_zps9e61e1e1.jpg

DSCF0564_zps38f48e59.jpg

Anyway we are planning an Escape Wedding at Walt Disney World June 2013. Not sure the actual date yet since Disney does not let Escape brides book till 8 months out :( but we are thinking we want to book on a Monday to save $
But we are planning on our ceremony being at SeaBreeze Pointe near the Boardwalk. And then we are planning on having a brunch/lunch reception at the Attic.

Also our guests are getting two free nights at the Yacht & Beach Club from my lovely future inlaws :) YAY!

I will try to update this as much as possible and let you all in on info we get from Disney as well as pictures and trip reports including our engagement celebration Trip we took back in June and our Wedding and Honeymoon!

If anyone has any advice or budgeting help or just trip tips feel free to post away and let me know!

Thanks Yall!

YAY!!! Another June 2013 Bride!! :cool1: My fiance and I are getting married on June 22! Are you thinking earlier or later in the month?? Lovely story, look forward to hearing more details. :earsboy:

Thank you for such a warm welcome! We are thinking about middle June for the date...we put in for June 10th but will not hear back from Disney until October to know if we got our date since we are doing the escape package. If any of you have any advice since you are all a little further along in this process post it for me! I would love to hear any advice you all have to give me for sure :cutie:

Congratulations...and not just on the future inlaws being DVC members :)

Look forward to seeing your plans.

I'm excited to follow your plans! :goodvibes I'm a 2013 Disney bride too, but October not June :P what made you choose Sea Breeze Point? How many guests are you planning on having? I just love hearing the back story behind how brides choose their locations popcorn::

I love hearing from all of the 2013 brides...congrats ladies!!!

Hello MickeyStarTrader! Well I chose SeaBreeze Pointe because of the location honestly. The Boardwalk and Yacht Club area is so gorgeous and so different than anything else at WDW. I am not your typical bride. Don't get me wrong i'm a girly girl but I don't want anything that feels to princessy.

The first time I walked through SeaBreeze Pointe I fell in love with it. It's right on the water and the view is awesome. Plus we really wanted to go with a nautical theme for the wedding which will hopefully go well with the area we chose. Think navy, white, and yellow with a vintage feel. OMG so excited!

just subscribed to you thread with great interest! we are currently in a debate about whether to have a Disney wedding or an at home UK wedding.
Sea Breeze would also be our choice so looking forward to your PJ:):)

Hey disneyamy4!

Ya my Fiance Chris and I went through the same thing. We went back and forth as to if we should have the big wedding at home where we could invite everyone which would feel more traditional or the Disney Wedding where we could only afford to invite 18 people. But I think for us it came down to how much the Disney setting meant to us. If you and your fiance feel a special connection to Disney then that should be where your wedding is. It's about the both of you. UK is pretty far from Disney which makes me understand your tough decision but if you are wanting to honeymoon there as well it might be worth it. We are planning our honeymoon there as well even though everyone thinks we are crazy for not going somewhere exotic. But I think it will feel so cool to not have to travel the night of the wedding and just enjoy ourselves :) Oh and SeaBreeze Pointe is so gorgeous and just such a relaxing setting I am in love with it too! Hope this helped

So as you know with a Disney wedding there are decisions after decisions...and I need a little help. The fiance and I are in the process of sitting down and thinking about This WDW wedding thinking about what we really want to budget for everything. OH WHAT FUN! lol. But anyway does anyone have advice out there of what to do for a meet up the day before the wedding with our guests? We were thinking about a dessert party but if you have any other options to throw my way please do! Maybe some different cheaper options. Also I am thinking about upgrading our chairs at the actual escape ceremony because I heard they were plastic YUCK! Should I do the chiavari chairs? I want them but I don't know if I can see myself paying 12.50 per chair and then an extra $225 set up or delivery fee yikes! All together it would be like $425 for our chair upgrade. Any thoughts on this ladies? Thank You! :rotfl:

So as you know with a Disney wedding there are decisions after decisions...and I need a little help. The fiance and I are in the process of sitting down and thinking about This WDW wedding thinking about what we really want to budget for everything. OH WHAT FUN! lol. But anyway does anyone have advice out there of what to do for a meet up the day before the wedding with our guests? We were thinking about a dessert party but if you have any other options to throw my way please do! Maybe some different cheaper options. Also I have thinking about upgrading our chairs at the actual escape ceremony because I heard they were plastic YUCK! Should I do the chiavari chairs? I want them but I don't know if I can see myself paying 12.50 per chair and then an extra $225 set up or delivery fee yikes! All together it would be like $425 for our chair upgrade. Any thoughts on this ladies? Thank You! :rotfl:

We are planning our honeymoon there as well even though everyone thinks we are crazy for not going somewhere exotic. But I think it will feel so cool to not have to travel the night of the wedding and just enjoy ourselves :)

I know this was directed to the PP but I wanted to add my two cents :angel: maybe I'm too Disney obsessed to see another opinion, but I don't see what's wrong with having a honeymoon in Disney! That's what I'm doing too, you're guaranteed to have a wonderful, happy, magical time! Everyone in my home town does a standard church wedding, ballroom reception, cruise honeymoon. Every time I think "really? No one wants to break the mold and do one thing differently?" It's going to be awesome to begin the honeymoon the minute the wedding ends and not have to worry about packing and flights on your wedding day. (And I step down from the soap box) :rolleyes1

But anyway does anyone have advice out there of what to do for a meet up the day before the wedding with our guests? We were thinking about a dessert party but if you have any other options to throw my way please do! Maybe some different cheaper options. Any thoughts on this ladies? Thank You! :rotfl:

How many guests do you plan on having? What sort of event are you looking for? A more formal sit down meal for example? Or a casual get together? I have a few ideas depending on your requirements :flower3:

Welcome and Congrats!
Love your nautical theme and your little picture here (idk what the tech term is) at the lighthouse. Cute! I was the same, pretty girly but I did not want the wedding to be princess-y. We chose Shipwreck Beach (at the Beach Club), then we had cocktail hour at SBP and our reception at the Boardwalk (Wishes wedding). It will be so amazing to have your guests all at one place, how fun! We had only a few of ours there with us but even that was cool, so to have everyone with you is going to be amazing!

I had my bridal breakfast at Captain's Grill and it was sooo yummo!

We had planned a DP in Epcot originally and at the last minute pulled back on that. We actually went to ESPN and grabbed drinks with whoever wanted to come. We had between 15-20 people come out and it was a good time! Jellyrolls is also fun (we went there after our reception)! We had a meet up at Martha's Vineyard also next to Cape May one night, which was just our group and like two other people sitting at the bar. There are a lot of options around the Boardwalk/Y&B area, which makes it really easy for you!

As for chairs, I've seen the folding chairs at SBP but they aren't guaranteed. The otherwise chairs are yes, plastic. We had the wooden folding chairs, then we took them out and last minute I put them back. They really prettied it up I thought. They were $5.50/chair and this was just this last May. The chiavari chairs were $8.50 or 9.50 - we had them for our reception. Hopefully they havent gone up to 12.50 come next year, eek! Sorry I tend to write a lot. If you have any questions ask! My PJ and TR is floating around here somewhere :goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans! popcorn::

congratulations
Me and my wife were Married at SeaBrezze in 2011 and loved to venue. the pictures on the boardwalk and beach club were great. Enjoy the planing and good luck on the date.

I'm swapping out the plastic chairs for the wooden ones Tricia used after seeing her amazing wedding pics, i wasnt sold on the plastics- but couldnt see spending over $500 on the chivari ones.

hmm... some less expensive welcome options....
have you thought at all about the River Roost bar at PORiverside? There is great entertainment there and you could just offer to buy your guests first round of drinks.
or you could do the Chip n Dale Singalong at the Wilderness Lodge if youre looking for something more Disney...
or a group outing to the Poly to watch the EWP then drinks at the bar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter