christmas elves anyone?

Is it bad that I really want to do an elf for just me and the hubby? We have no kids, just the cats for now. Lol I'm really tempted.

Not crazy at all!!! :) DH knows we are doing it for the kids....but I'm actually doing it for my DH too.. I have actually contacted his boss and a co-worker to help me out! So, what happens will happen at the office.. he will call and throw a hissy and I can laugh knowing all along I had it done!!

Nan, your elf adoption is in the works. I need to go pick them up tomorrow.

I did find a box for the other stuff too so that will be mailed on Friday!!!

I went to Home Goods and most of the elves were these really ugly Annalee ones. They were scary looking. Lots to pick from though. Little ones for $5 and larger ones for $20 and a bunch in between. But I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.

Then I saw this little elf all by himself sitting on a sleigh with a tree. He had a face with 3-D features instead of the scary painted face. He's glued on the seat really well, but I think with some really sharp scissors, I can set him free.

How do we name our elves? Do they leave a letter of introduction?

rofl, I should totally get one of my husbands co-workers to do this... I'll have to work on that. also saw slightly less scary looking elves at michael's yesterday.. the analisa ones really are creepy. :)

there is a super long list over on magical holidays/organised christmas?? (or something to that effect) on all the different things the elves did last year, some were rather elaborate... my elves and reindeer have passports and shot records that come with them to our house, someone over on 2peas posted them and I copied them. :) I may have pictures someplace... I am sure there are probably a bunch of elf blogs too... :)

I found this cute website... I need to go through it again but I was laughing the entire time as i read it..
http://magicalholidayhome.com/elves/?page_id=8

I'm going to have every few days where a giftie is given... altered binder clip w/ a photo of the elves..

I already named our elves too.. Bentley, Snowflake and Carson

I've already made a list of several things they can do... I need to narrow down the dates so I don't miss anything!

and some pictures from last year...

DSC06670.jpg

DSC06666.jpg

elfandreindeer.jpg

DSC06690.jpg

DSC06683.jpg

DSC06676.jpg

ok maggie you convinced me to get one. so last week i ordered him and had it shipped to bubba! i told him that someone told me that their kids had a personal elf that chats back and forth with santa. he asked if i bought him and i said no. someone gave me a website to request santa to send an elf out to him. i then took it further and said that i went back to the website to see if santa had gotten the request and the website is not good anymore. i told him that's how it works. you put your request in and it only works that one time!
he came with the book and he LOVES it! we named him Campbell. which was my mother's last name. and he said he wanted to name him that because if this elf can go and chat with santa and be back before morning then he must be able to go and check on her in heaven!:angel:

so thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! our elf is doing double duty!!!!
and he gets so excited to see where he is in the morning!

i really need to start taking his pics.:thumbsup2

:hug: Oh Holly. That is just too sweet.

Nicurn, do you still have the computer files you used to make the passport & vax records?

ok maggie you convinced me to get one. so last week i ordered him and had it shipped to bubba! i told him that someone told me that their kids had a personal elf that chats back and forth with santa. he asked if i bought him and i said no. someone gave me a website to request santa to send an elf out to him. i then took it further and said that i went back to the website to see if santa had gotten the request and the website is not good anymore. i told him that's how it works. you put your request in and it only works that one time!
he came with the book and he LOVES it! we named him Campbell. which was my mother's last name. and he said he wanted to name him that because if this elf can go and chat with santa and be back before morning then he must be able to go and check on her in heaven!:angel:

so thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! our elf is doing double duty!!!!
and he gets so excited to see where he is in the morning!

i really need to start taking his pics.:thumbsup2

awww, that is soooo sweet! I am so glad you got an elf!
I will look for the passport and vaccine records. :)

That is so awesome Holly!!!

I'm working on passport and vac records next week... :) I only have 2 days next week to work on anything because the kids have fall break starting wed... I need to get my notebook w/ all my stuff in my purse because my purse is off limits to anyone under my age... my age changes accordingly! This week I'm 18! LOL

Uh...would it be really weird for someone without kids to do this? I mean, I'm still in school. I think I might do this just for my mom but she will think I am totally insane LOL

Uh...would it be really weird for someone without kids to do this? I mean, I'm still in school. I think I might do this just for my mom but she will think I am totally insane LOL

I think it would be really funny. Does your mom have a sense of humor? If so, do it! If not, do it any way. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I lucked into cotton balls on sale for 25 cents a package yesterday.. .I bought 5 packages for the elf snowball fight that will occur here... they guy at the store asked what I was doing w/ cotton balls and I told him a snow ball fight.. he thought I was nuts! :)

That is too cute.

Now you are going to make me go find another elf just so I can do the snowball fight thing. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter