Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby eat for free! WE ARE BACK! Photo Teasers pg. 23!!

Thanks! That does help. I think we've decided just not to check our bags on the way there, that way we can get to the resort a big quicker. I am sooooo impatient at baggage claim, I just want to get my bags and be on my way to vacation already! LOL. I guess we won't be needing the yellow tags afterall. It's ok. I'm already happy we're going to DISNEY!!!

I think you might be better off then. The time we did check our bags and DME took our bags it took a while for them to get to us...(I think it was about 3am and we arrived at 9pm) I like the convenience of not having to go to the baggage claim..which is on a different side of the airport. If I needed my bags immediately though, I would think it not the best idea.

So 15 days before our trip and of course I can't stop tampering with our plans. :cool2:

I thought I had all our ADRs set, and everything was all ready to go, all I needed to do was pack our bags and get on the plane! But upon looking over our itinerary I made, I realize we had a bit too much going on ALL OVER THE PLACE. I mean, just within 1 day, we were having breakfast at the Poly, going to Epcot, going to dinner at Boma at AKL and then going to MK for EMH. That's a lot of park/resort hopping!

So I decided that it was a bit too much traveling for one day, afterall this IS a vacation for us, so I rearranged a few of our ADRs so that it will be a bit lighter on the hopping and more about ENJOYING our time at WDW. The major changes I've highlighted below. I've basically switched our Boma ADRs to the day we are actually going to be at AK, moved our Kona Cafe Breakfast ADR so it wasn't the day after MK EMH (which is until 1am, so would probably be tooo tired to drag ourselves to an early morning breakfast ADR the next day) and now I have 1 open dinner ADR which I still have to confirm. Right now it's between going to Biergarten, Teppan Edo or Whispering Canyon Cafe. So here is our NEW modified schedule:

Friday Sept 3rd

Arrive Orlando MCO
9:56pm

Get on Magical Express

Resort Info:
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter

Saturday Sept 4th

Morning:
Breakfast – QS at POFQ

8:00am EMH at DHS

Afternoon:
Lunch – 1:10pm
ADR @ Sci -Fi Dine-In Theater DHS

Stay at DHS or go to MK

Evening:
Dinner – 9:05pm ADR @ ‘Ohana
Polynesian Resort

View Wishes at Poly Beach

Sunday Sept 5th

Morning:
Breakfast – 8:40am ADR @ Kona Café, Polynesian Resort THIS IS MOVED FROM SEPT 6th

Monorail to Epcot

Afternoon:
Epcot

Evening:
Dinner – 7:10pm ADR @ Biergarten OR 8:30pm ADR @ Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge OR 8:40pm ADR @ Teppan Edo. THIS IS NEW, WE ARE STILL WORKING ON DECIDING WHICH ONE!

MK EMH until 1am

Monday Sept 6th

Morning:
Breakfast – QS at POFQ

Bus to AK or whatever we feel like

Afternoon:
AK or Bus to AK if we're not already there

Evening:
Dinner – 4:50pm ADR @ Boma, AKL. THIS IS MOVED FROM PREVIOUS DAY

Hollywood Studios EMH until 10:00pm

Tuesday Sept 7th

Morning:
Bus to Epcot
8:00am Epcot EMH

Breakfast – QS at Sunshine Seasons

Afternoon:
Lunch – 12:30pm ADR @ Le Cellier
Epcot World Showcase

Evening:
Open
DTD Disney until 11pm

Wednesday Sept 8th

Morning:
Breakfast – 9:15am ADR @ Chef Mickey’s
Contemporary Resort

Monorail to MK

Afternoon:
MK

Evening:
Go Home
Get on Magical Express ~ between 4:30 and 5pm

Depart Orlando MCO
7:20pm

So now my decision lies on what to do for dinner on Sept 5th. I made all the ADRs that were available, and DH and I are ok with all 3 menus. Timing-wise, we'd probably like to eat around 7pm, which makes Biergarten the ideal choice, but we've been there before last year. However, we enjoyed it and don't mind returning at all, esp. since we missed the show last year because of a late ADR.

We've never been to Whispering Canyon Cafe before...we think we'll enjoy the food, but would the restaurant's antics be a lot of fun or really annoy us? So what really happens when you ask for ketchup?? I am not sure if we will be into the whole interactive thing. I mean, we were OK with it at the 50's Prime Time Cafe, it's not something we will go to every time, but it's not like we avoid it either. The ADR is for 8:30 - so I am assuming that we'll be done by 10pm and able to make it easily to MK via ferry. However, if food/service is slow, we may end up missing some EMH. We've also never been to Wilderness Lodge and it would be nice to check it out.

Teppan Edo is really just a backup choice, the only good thing about this is that we may get to watch Illuminations from dinner although we aren't guaranteed a seat by the window so it may be for nothing. But we enjoy habachi-style cuisine although it isn't anything new for us. We stopped in here last year and almost ate there except we had to wait for a table and we got bored and left.

So anyone have any ideas as to what we should do for dinner that night? :idea: I wanted to wait for a Le Cellier ADR to open up but I know that is virtually impossible...but I am still trying every day!

Your ADRs look great! I've heard Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and it's definitely worth checking out, so a vote from me to eat at WCC! :thumbsup2

I think your changes look great. As for the decision on the one night.... I think it boils down to a few things.. do you want something new, something scheduled at a good time or food that you are familiar with? I have ate at Teppan Edo three times and not once have I had a window. (I didn't even know that there were) I thought Tokyo Dinning was the one in the front of that building with the view of the lake. I could be wrong though...

Hi! I think the way you changed your schedule is so much better!
For the 5th - I think you should stay at Epcot for dinner and I'm hoping it will at Le Cellier! :goodvibes

15 days!!!! :woohoo:

Love the Mickey Mail pics!!! I've been so busy I just threw all my Mickey Mail in a drawer when I got it!

The itinerary changes look good!

If you're wondering about the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe, this is a good thread to check out!

What's cool about hopping to the MK on the evening of 9/4 is you'll be able to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade. Looks like it has a limited run during your stay.

ETA: That was until I saw your 9:05 ADR... Doh! My bad

I was hoping to do some shopping this past weekend, but alas, I came down with a bout of FOOD POISONING on Saturday, leaving me groaning in bed pretty much for the entire weekend. I am not sure what I ate that caused it, but it sucked to not be able to eat anything and lay in bed for 2 days. Ugh.

Anyways, NYC is a mecca for celebrity signings (aside from Los Angeles), so I've seen my fair share of celebrities in the past, from Denzel Washington, Dustin Hoffman, to the girls from Sex and the City, Howard Stern, and I even hung out in a bar with 2 of they guys from 98 Degrees (back when they were "IN"). It's not uncommon for a lot of fim crews to be around various areas. I see them filming Gossip Girl all over the place, as well as Law and Order SVU. A good website to check out where things are currently filming is www.onlocationvacations.com

Anyways, I was on my way to do some shopping Saturday morning, when I felt ill, so I turned back to head home after only a half hour in TJMaxx (usually I can spend a few hours in there). I was on the bus when we passed a film set, and of course, me being so curious decided to get off at the next stop and walk home from there. Turns out they were filming "Premium Rush" with Joseph Gordon-Levitt! I got to see them film a bike/car chase scene (which is a lot less dramatic in real life, LOL) If you don't know who Joseph Gordon-Levitt is, he's the guy in 500 Days of Summer, and he was Leonardo DiCaprio's right-hand man in Inception. He's probably most known for being the child actor on TV's 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Anyways, JGL stood only a few feet from me a some point. He was really cute in person, a lot taller than I expected, and has a new shaved hairstyle. He looks like he got pretty buff for the role in which he plays a bike messenger being pursued by a dirty cop. I didn't get to speak to him since there were too many people around, but I got to see him up close. Spectators weren't allowed to take pictures but I managed to snag this one of him while filming, with my blackberry. He's the one in the red shirt on the bike. Enjoy!

45533_461076477753_598592753_6480346_1476945_n.jpg

I wish I could have stayed to watch them film longer but I was too sick to stick around. :sick:

As for our ADRs, it looks like we may be sticking with Biergarten for now (unless I can get Le Cellier) and save the WCC for my sister's 30th B-day next year! I think it'll be more fun with a whole load of people, LOL.

I just noticed we both will be in the same parks Sept. 4th - Sept. 6th, including starting in Epcot and then going to MK for EMH.

Almost time to go! I still have to pack. I hope you are feeling better!

Omg girl. You saw Joseph Gordon-Levitt?!?!! :faint: He is my ultimate Hollywood crush right now. I liked him after 500 Days but after seeing Inception...forget it. My friend and I are obsessed with him now!

Cool on the celeb sighting. Not cool on getting sick. :sad1: I hope you recover quick....it is almost time to go!!!

Hi! I think the way you changed your schedule is so much better!
For the 5th - I think you should stay at Epcot for dinner and I'm hoping it will at Le Cellier! :goodvibes

15 days!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks! Trying to make things a little easier for us. I am hoping to get Le Cellier too but it looks like we'll be sticking with Biergarten for now! 9 more days!!

Love the Mickey Mail pics!!! I've been so busy I just threw all my Mickey Mail in a drawer when I got it!

The itinerary changes look good!

If you're wondering about the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe, this is a good thread to check out!

It was my first set of Mickey Mail so I was super excited to get it. But I've been too busy too to look at it again since the day I got it. Thanks for the link on WCC! I think we'll save that for next year, seems like a place a big group of us would have fun in, rather than just me and DH.

What's cool about hopping to the MK on the evening of 9/4 is you'll be able to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade. Looks like it has a limited run during your stay.

ETA: That was until I saw your 9:05 ADR... Doh! My bad

Oh shoot, I usually miss that parade, or only catch the tail end of it. Usually when there is a parade on, we're going on rides as they are less crowded. Maybe we can catch it another night.

I just noticed we both will be in the same parks Sept. 4th - Sept. 6th, including starting in Epcot and then going to MK for EMH.

Almost time to go! I still have to pack. I hope you are feeling better!

Thank you for visiting my PTR! I'll be going to visit yours too. Thanks, I do feel better today although not 100% yet.

Omg girl. You saw Joseph Gordon-Levitt?!?!! :faint: He is my ultimate Hollywood crush right now. I liked him after 500 Days but after seeing Inception...forget it. My friend and I are obsessed with him now!

Yes I did! I was so excited because I too am a huge fan of his. 10 Things I Hate About You is still one of my favorite movies. I have the dvd and watch it occassionally. It's so interesting to see how much he has grown up since then. I recently watched Brick and Uncertainty on Netflix and they were both very different and very interesting movies. He's a great actor. I was lucky to see him in person. He is also hosting this Summer In the City event in like a week or so. I think it's sold out but it's for his production company where people collaborate on short films. I saw video of the last event and it looks fun, he's totally interacting with the audience and everything. I'm sure these tickets went lightning fast since Inception came out.

Cool on the celeb sighting. Not cool on getting sick. :sad1: I hope you recover quick....it is almost time to go!!!

I know!! I was so bummed when I got sick, but better now than next week! I am still not 100% though, I am about 85% back to normal. But yes, can't wait! We're down to single digits now!!

That is so cool about your celebrity sighting!
I hope you are 100% better now.
I hope you & Chubbyhubby have a great time in WDW & I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

:banana::banana: for single digits! So exciting. My husband would just about DIE to have been that close to JGL. He loved 500 Days of Summer and was a huge 3rd Rock fan.

Have fun getting ready to go!

I am a little late to the party but I saw your link on another thread and had to stop by:) I subscribed and hope you will stop by mine soon. I am loving reading all the PTR during the evening. It makes everything seem so real and I can't wait to see everything when we get there.

I hope you recover from your food poisoning.

5 more days to go! That's got to be exciting. :cheer2: pixiedust:

I hope you get the Le Cellier ADR. However, if you can't, Teppan Edo will be my next choice and then WCC. WCC even have a quieter section for adults only now so you won't hear too much noise with the kids playing.

Omg I can't believe you're leaving this weekend!!!! I'll hit the 45 day mark on Saturday! :woohoo: LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter