Cinderella's Castle Suite on 5/18! Pics on Pg. 3!!!

Okay, I LOVED your OP! How exciting! Congratulations! Hope you took tons of pictures...and feel free to share!;)

I was talking to my mom yesterday about the castle stay prize, and she said she didn't really want to win that. I asked, WHY NOT????? She replied that it just didn't seem that exciting to her. I was astounded. My mom really loves WDW, has an AP, and goes several times per month. She gets into it big time! So I asked her to explain WHY this prize would not excite her...she said...(prepare to laugh, folks!)...

"I don't know, it just doesn't seem that exciting to me to stay there all night. Does it have a bed or any furniture in it???"

Ummmmmmmm, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's when I realized I have been DISing too long. I just about lost it when I figured out she didn't know anything about the renovations. She seriously thought you just got to tour the castle and then stay overnight in a tiny, cold, dark, unfinished room with a cot or something!!!!:confused3 :lmao:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures! They are awesome! Looks like everyone had a great time. :thumbsup2

Okay, I LOVED your OP! How exciting! Congratulations! Hope you took tons of pictures...and feel free to share!;)

I was talking to my mom yesterday about the castle stay prize, and she said she didn't really want to win that. I asked, WHY NOT????? She replied that it just didn't seem that exciting to her. I was astounded. My mom really loves WDW, has an AP, and goes several times per month. She gets into it big time! So I asked her to explain WHY this prize would not excite her...she said...(prepare to laugh, folks!)...

"I don't know, it just doesn't seem that exciting to me to stay there all night. Does it have a bed or any furniture in it???"

Ummmmmmmm, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's when I realized I have been DISing too long. I just about lost it when I figured out she didn't know anything about the renovations. She seriously thought you just got to tour the castle and then stay overnight in a tiny, cold, dark, unfinished room with a cot or something!!!!:confused3 :lmao:

:rotfl: That is TOO funny!!! I posted my pics, I think on the 3rd page of the thread. I took quite a few because it was just incredible in there. I didn't upload them ALL to post, but I did put several in there. I know I always wondered what it looked like, so I wanted to share.

Where is the room located. We sat on the west side of the castle with a bunch of people and we were all contemplating where the room was. Could you tell?

Where is the room located. We sat on the west side of the castle with a bunch of people and we were all contemplating where the room was. Could you tell?

Let's see if I can properly describe the easiest way to see the windows of the suite. They are located on the back side of the castle, facing out sort of towards Fantasy Land. If you come up the back of the castle, taking the path that runs past Belle's Story time area (its kind of a secluded little path) you'll see 3 stained glass windows together off to the right side of the castle about midway up. Those are the suite windows in the sitting room. I am pretty sure its somehow situated above CRT. There was a door in the middle of the castle (that walkway area) that opened into the office area and elevator up to the suite.

Does that help at all???

Let's see if I can properly describe the easiest way to see the windows of the suite. They are located on the back side of the castle, facing out sort of towards Fantasy Land. If you come up the back of the castle, taking the path that runs past Belle's Story time area (its kind of a secluded little path) you'll see 3 stained glass windows together off to the right side of the castle about midway up. Those are the suite windows in the sitting room. I am pretty sure its somehow situated above CRT. There was a door in the middle of the castle (that walkway area) that opened into the office area and elevator up to the suite.

Does that help at all???

I have totally been wondering that too! Thanks for the post and the pictures. What an awesome experience for you and your family! Your princess is the perfect age for this magical experience!princess: What a cute family you have.
It's really cool to hear about the castle stay. Thanks for taking the time to tell us!
Congratulations!!!:banana: :yay:

Congratulations!!!! How exciting and fun!

Thanks for posting pictures! The kids looked so cute all cuddled up in their robes. How special for your families. Congratulations again!

Blakely

Congrats!:cheer2: I'm so happy that you and your family won the castle stay. My DDs are hoping we can be so lucky as to win a stay.

Great thread! What a wonderful life memory for the whole family!

Under your Dumbo ride picture, you said that this was the elephant that caused your husband to be a winner. Do you think that is how they decided it-they picked an elephant and whoever was lucky enough to ride in it, wins?

Wow, thanks for sharing the pics!!!!!

Great thread! What a wonderful life memory for the whole family!

Under your Dumbo ride picture, you said that this was the elephant that caused your husband to be a winner. Do you think that is how they decided it-they picked an elephant and whoever was lucky enough to ride in it, wins?

The Dream Team guys told DH that they were told which elephant at a certain time. As we were boarding, they were hiding near the exit watching to see who would sit in the lucky elephant. When the ride stopped, they came up the exit to catch DH before he was even out of the elephant. It was very cool!

From what they told us, it typically works in a similar way everyday for the castle suite. The computer randomly picks a place/time at one of the parks, water parks, or DTD and the message is dispatched to the DT. So, on our day, the message was something along the lines of Dumbo at Noon, elephant #6...or something like that. It is all completely random though!

THANK you for the wonderful report and pictures. Your family is beautiful.

Hey, I have an idea....the eviction laws in Florida are fairly difficult...;) ;)

You win the Cinderella suite and then you REFUSE to leave! HA, it would take them about three weeks to get eviction orders, then the sheriff would have to haul the winner out of the suite:rotfl2:

The only recourse would be to charge you the "published" rate of $500 whatever per night.

Heck NO, I won't go!

KIDDING.

Congrats on being a Dream Prize winner! I really enjoyed seeing the pics of your stay inside the castle. The one with the kids lined up in bed was so sweet.

Congrats! What a great story! We were there the same time too! We saw a family walking up main street that had won for the day, but I don't remember it being a large family, and I just can't remember which day it was!

I feel we will never win, because we are late risers, I think the prizes are awarded before we are out of our rooms!!!:rolleyes1

And by the way, my DD4 threw up in my bed 2 days in, and stayed sick all day... Not enough to stay in bed, but just enough to make the day hard on everybody. My DH and I stayed well somehow... I always think the stress, different foods, excitement, etc for the little ones brings on something icky...

I wonder if it's common???

Congrats again!

Just wanted to say hi!!! We were Castle winners on Friday, April 13th! We felt like we were living a fairytale for sure!! What an awesome experience for our kids AND us!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter