(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WDWKOOK.......we had such a great trip in January, I've talked my DSis into a long weekend 3/27-3/31 @ BWI CL.:banana::banana::banana:

We both love flowers and I haven't been to the Flower and Garden Show for a few years and she's never been so I'm sure we'll have an interesting time.

We are having a lousy snowy nor'easter here in PA so I'm looking for some happiness here on the boards today.:goodvibes

Kook, we are headed back to BWI this summer if you can add us to the guest list I would appreciate it. Thanks.

7/25-8/2 BWI SV

I'm also in PA, sitting here (not) enjoying yet more snow. :rolleyes1

We also need to be added to the guest list. We'll be at BWV December 6-10. We're looking forward to seeing the holiday decorations! :santa:

Another question! Can you decorate your door at BW? We always have decorated windows at other resorts but have never stayed at BW. TiA!

More snowbound folks here in upstate NY, but we'll be at BWV 12/26-1/3 Boardwalk view!!! Cannot wait!!! Add us to the list? Yes, please!

We just booked our first stay at Boardwalk. Looking forward to it, and I guess I've got a hundred or so pages to read up on in this thread alone. November 12-19th.

Another question! Can you decorate your door at BW? We always have decorated windows at other resorts but have never stayed at BW. TiA!

Not at the villas. DVC asks members not to decorate anywhere that can be seen outside the villa.

We are enjoying an ice rain storm here in Nova Scotia so I thought I'd have some fun and book our Disney Park tickets on-line today. I then called Disney Reservations to try and link them to our DVC Boardwalk points rental confirmation number and the very friendly man said he couldn't do it :worship: I really am looking forward to booking some fastpasses on MDE - any suggestions if the Disney rep says it's a no go?
Thank you! Happy Valentine's Day!:love:

We are enjoying an ice rain storm here in Nova Scotia so I thought I'd have some fun and book our Disney Park tickets on-line today. I then called Disney Reservations to try and link them to our DVC Boardwalk points rental confirmation number and the very friendly man said he couldn't do it :sad2: I really am looking forward to booking some fastpasses on MDE - any suggestions if the Disney rep says it's a no go?

Just back from my third stay at the Boardwalk in a year - weather was mostly a bust, but the Boardwalk was lovely as usual and I had a fabulous trip with my youngest sister, who hadn't been to Disney in over 25 years. I wanted to add some information about the pull-out sleeper sofas in the Garden Suites (Garden Cottages, Garden Room Outside Building - whatever name Disney is calling them at the moment). They are NOT all gone, much to my surprise! I was in 1209 this time, and it still has the green sleeper sofa, at least as of 2/9/14. I'm not sure how many other garden rooms (if any) still have them as they were supposedly all replaced in Fall 2013.

All three of my Boardwalk stays have been in the Garden Suites. With the sleeper sofa, it works out well for two adults who want separate sleeping areas and club level amenities without paying for two rooms or a larger suite. Since I had last visited in late September, it didn't even occur to me that the room configuration had changed, so I didn't scrutinize when booking the same room type for this trip. Then a few weeks prior to the trip, I read about the removal of the sofas here on the boards and called the Boardwalk concierge to ask about it. They said yes, the sleeper sofas were gone, so I requested a rollaway bed as I wasn't sure if the new couches would be long enough for sleeping. Then when I checked in on Wednesday, 2/5, the (wonderful, awesome) Pete told me that he had noted the request for the rollaway on my folio and instead asked housekeeping to turn down the sofa for me - he said there's a nightly charge for rollaways and he wanted to save me a few bucks on that. I did a double-take and asked him if there was still a sleeper in that room as I'd heard they were removed. He said yes, he had confirmed that there was one in my room. Indeed there was, and I couldn't have been more pleased with his assistance since that's what I wanted in the first place.

And in other news, my sister I had a mostly smooth ride with our MagicBands. There's some kind of glitch with Boardwalk club level access and the Garden Suites. Pete had to reconfigure my band on arrival to give me access to the Innkeeper door. My sister arrived later, after the desk was closed, so I took her to the concierge desk the next morning to reconfigure her band and the guy working then couldn't figure it out - he ended up giving her a KTTW card that would work instead (we were always together, so it ultimately didn't matter). I also had a problem with our PIN on the first day and had to go to reset it at Town Hall in the MK. Other than that, access to rooms, parks, Magical Express transport, FP+ reservations and purchases on the band all worked as they should.
Very interesting report on the sleepers in the Cottages and so nice of Pete to confirm for you and save you some money. Thank you for posting about your stay!

Could you please add us? We'll be staying in a standard studio villa from 9/10 through 9/17.
Thanks! :wizard:
:thumbsup2

Hi WDWKOOK.......we had such a great trip in January, I've talked my DSis into a long weekend 3/27-3/31 @ BWI CL.:banana::banana::banana:

We both love flowers and I haven't been to the Flower and Garden Show for a few years and she's never been so I'm sure we'll have an interesting time.
Sounds great and I'll add "CL" to your dates.

We are having a lousy snowy nor'easter here in PA so I'm looking for some happiness here on the boards today.:goodvibes

Kook, we are headed back to BWI this summer if you can add us to the guest list I would appreciate it. Thanks.

7/25-8/2 BWI SV
Of course I can add you and I would like to burn all our shovels - 4.5 hours of shoveling between yesterday and today so I can empathize:headache:

I'm also in PA, sitting here (not) enjoying yet more snow. :rolleyes1

We also need to be added to the guest list. We'll be at BWV December 6-10. We're looking forward to seeing the holiday decorations! :santa:
Hope you're shoveled-out and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

More snowbound folks here in upstate NY, but we'll be at BWV 12/26-1/3 Boardwalk view!!! Cannot wait!!! Add us to the list? Yes, please!
Absolutely!

We just booked our first stay at Boardwalk. Looking forward to it, and I guess I've got a hundred or so pages to read up on in this thread alone. November 12-19th.
:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread! Congratulations on booking and happy reading.

We aren't at the villas, just a standard room.
Other than at Christmas, and even then it was very minimal, I haven't noticed guests decorating doors.

We are enjoying an ice rain storm here in Nova Scotia so I thought I'd have some fun and book our Disney Park tickets on-line today. I then called Disney Reservations to try and link them to our DVC Boardwalk points rental confirmation number and the very friendly man said he couldn't do it :worship: I really am looking forward to booking some fastpasses on MDE - any suggestions if the Disney rep says it's a no go?
Are you using MDX? You should be able to just go into your MDX account, and where it lists TICKETS, just key in the numbers on the tickets to link them to your reservation. If you have a Disney resort confirmation number for your booking, you can add that to your MDX account, too. I assume the booking is in your name? It won't work if the reservation isn't listed in your name.

For the Inn side, just in general it seems like not many people do that in the Deluxes. Whether it's by rule or just culture, I don't know. You could always decorate the inside of the balcony window!

We are enjoying an ice rain storm here in Nova Scotia so I thought I'd have some fun and book our Disney Park tickets on-line today. I then called Disney Reservations to try and link them to our DVC Boardwalk points rental confirmation number and the very friendly man said he couldn't do it :sad2: I really am looking forward to booking some fastpasses on MDE - any suggestions if the Disney rep says it's a no go?

I am having the same trouble. I rented from David's, but the MDX system doesn't seem to recognize the conf. number. Maybe because it is in someone else's name? Hope there is a solution here...

I have two separate point reservations made by another member. I had no problem linking them to MDE. Isn't your name on the reservation?

We check out of BWV tomorrow. :(. We have loved our trip and really enjoyed the convenience to the parks.
Still doing AK tomorrow and we decided to add a day and do a second day at HS on Sunday. We had already booked an off site night for Saturday night since we would be at AK all day. Not going to be as nice as the boardwalk but my kids just want to ride TSM a few more times.

I was hoping for some advice...I have a Standard room booked at the BWI and now I looked into renting a DVC Preferred view studio and it's wayyyyyy cheaper and I can get the week I want.

What do you all think about the difference b/w the Inn side and the DVC villa side of the resort? I don't know what to do:confused3

What do you all prefer? The cost of the room won't break me but who wants to throw away money ;)

We check out of BWV tomorrow. :(. We have loved our trip and really enjoyed the convenience to the parks.
Still doing AK tomorrow and we decided to add a day and do a second day at HS on Sunday. We had already booked an off site night for Saturday night since we would be at AK all day. Not going to be as nice as the boardwalk but my kids just want to ride TSM a few more times.

Checking out is so tough, isn't it?? Glad you've been enjoying!

I was hoping for some advice...I have a Standard room booked at the BWI and now I looked into renting a DVC Preferred view studio and it's wayyyyyy cheaper and I can get the week I want.

What do you all think about the difference b/w the Inn side and the DVC villa side of the resort? I don't know what to do:confused3

What do you all prefer? The cost of the room won't break me but who wants to throw away money ;)

We're DVC members, so of course we stay on the Villa side all the time, but we always book 1BRs at BW. Some differences:

- I think the studios are a little smaller. You get two queens (or a rare king) in the Inn room, but one queen and a Full sofa bed in the Studio.
- Less housekeeping in the rented studio, only trash and towel on one day for a seven night stay or less, or one full cleaning plus a T&T if doing 8+ nights.
- You can't cancel a rented booking. (This is the most important point to some people.)
- Some Inn standard rooms can see illuminations over Epcot.
- Preferred view studios almost all face water of some sort if that matters. The Village Green location (can be requested, no guarantee of course) gives a partial BW view from out on the balconies. Otherwise you would face one of the pools or the canal to DHS.
- Studios have a slightly bigger fridge, a microwave oven, and disposable plates/silverware if you would use them maybe to have cereal in the room for breakfast or something like that. (That's what we do often, real convenient in the mornings.)
- Villa rooms are closer to DHS if walking (we never do), both may be about the same distance from Epcot depending on location, since there are no exits close to Epcot on the Inn side, you have to go back to the lobby anyway.

Either way, it's a great resort, enjoy!! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter