(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked our stay at BWI deluxe room for 8/25 through 8/29. This will be our 3rd stay at the BWI. Can't wait. Now I'm just hoping for a nice discount!

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay: :jumping1: :banana::dancer: 99 Days Until Our First Stay At The BWV!! We Have A 1 Bedroom Boardwalk View Villa For Thursday & Friday Night and A Boardwalk View Studio For Saturday Night :cloud9: I just called MS to put in our Room Requests for both rooms... High Floor Above Big River Grill! :woohoo: This will also be our first time attending SWW! My 2 Sons are so excited for that, especially my oldest who wants to "fight" Darth Vader at the JTA :darth:

I am sure this has been debated or discussed forgive me I am a YC/BC thread member! :) My last stay at BWI was 2009 and we loved it. Brand new rooms etc. Anyone know when the next refurb is due?

Scottmel-CL refurb is early May to early June. Not sure about the rest of the resort.

REALLY???? That is awesome.....I assume soft refurb - carpet, drapes, etc. Oh boy am I tempted now...Do you think for it would be done by mid june?

I was looking at Member Services for DVC, and it says that room requests aren't assigned until checkin. Should I even bother making a room request (didn't with initial booking)? Our flight arrives at 8:30am, and we will be rolling into the resort around 9:30/10:00am. I figure that is probably early enough in the day to get a request if there is an open room that day in the category (preferred view studio).

I am thinking village green. Not just for the view, but because I hurt the tendon in my foot. I see the ortho surgeon next week. Unfortunately, I might be sporting a wheel chair this vacation, and being close to elevators would be nice.

Should I make a request anyway so that I have a chance of getting one assigned without any switching? What are the online checkin options?

I was looking at Member Services for DVC, and it says that room requests aren't assigned until checkin. Should I even bother making a room request (didn't with initial booking)? Our flight arrives at 8:30am, and we will be rolling into the resort around 9:30/10:00am. I figure that is probably early enough in the day to get a request if there is an open room that day in the category (preferred view studio).

I am thinking village green. Not just for the view, but because I hurt the tendon in my foot. I see the ortho surgeon next week. Unfortunately, I might be sporting a wheel chair this vacation, and being close to elevators would be nice.

Should I make a request anyway so that I have a chance of getting one assigned without any switching? What are the online checkin options?

I would DEFINITELY make a request with member services for Village Green, and Room close to elevators for medical reasons, maybe in the reverse order. I've been told by MS that they can put up to three requests on the reservation, so I would ask them to put those two. Out of our three stays, we had one completely the opposite of our request, but then two that matched exactly. Hopefully the medical comment will sway the odds in your favor! Good luck!

Just a quick question for all you smart people:

I've rented two DVC rooms at the boardwalk for my family (4) and my wife's Parents (2). Does Disney usually try and keep these rooms together if possible? It's not a huge deal, but it might be nice if that was the case

Just a quick question for all you smart people:

I've rented two DVC rooms at the boardwalk for my family (4) and my wife's Parents (2). Does Disney usually try and keep these rooms together if possible? It's not a huge deal, but it might be nice if that was the case

They won't automatically. Your best bet is to have the 2 reservations linked in the system and then make a room request that they be close to one another.

Last year when we stayed at BWI, I was able to make a couple of room requests on Disney's site. Can I still do that? I can't find the option anywhere on their site.

Also, not to be a PITA (since I asked on an earlier post) but does anyone know the width of the area by the sinks? I'd really like to put up a rod with shower curtain for some privacy while changing.

Thanks so much!!!

Last year when we stayed at BWI, I was able to make a couple of room requests on Disney's site. Can I still do that?

Yes, you can do that when doing online check in. However, the preferred method for making room requests is to call and have them added to your reservations. The options during online check in are predetermined and limited.

Yes, you can do that when doing online check in. However, the preferred method for making room requests is to call and have them added to your reservations. The options during online check in are predetermined and limited.

Online check in, now I remember! LOL Thank you!! All I'm really hoping for is a room on the 5th floor.

Online check in, now I remember! LOL Thank you!! All I'm really hoping for is a room on the 5th floor.

Then you may have to call and add that request. I don't believe that is an option during online check in.

We are staying at BWV April 29- May 3rd! I have been reading this thread to get me excited!
Welcome and I'll log your dates in the BB on the first page:)

Just booked our stay at BWI deluxe room for 8/25 through 8/29. This will be our 3rd stay at the BWI. Can't wait. Now I'm just hoping for a nice discount!
Congratulations and I hope you can apply a discount soon:thumbsup2

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE :cool1: :cheer2: :dance3: :yay: :jumping1: :banana::dancer: 99 Days Until Our First Stay At The BWV!! We Have A 1 Bedroom Boardwalk View Villa For Thursday & Friday Night and A Boardwalk View Studio For Saturday Night :cloud9: I just called MS to put in our Room Requests for both rooms... High Floor Above Big River Grill! :woohoo: This will also be our first time attending SWW! My 2 Sons are so excited for that, especially my oldest who wants to "fight" Darth Vader at the JTA :darth:
Yippee and good luck to your DS fighting :darth:

I am sure this has been debated or discussed forgive me I am a YC/BC thread member! :) My last stay at BWI was 2009 and we loved it. Brand new rooms etc. Anyone know when the next refurb is due?
I haven't heard anything about BWI, but generally, non-DVC resorts are rehabbed about every 6-8 years, so BWI is due probably in the next year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter