(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
BWV standard view. 3 adults Myself,Dsis and (DFriend first timer). 9/9/14 to 9/13/14. I will be 60 in August and DF will be 60 beginning November so we will be celebrating pixiedust:nightly at JellyRolls...... Any excuse for Disney and JellyRolls:cool1:....... (9/8/14 will be at Jambo House)

No problem! I realized I had a few more relating to the hotel to share.
Kids checking out the roller coaster:
12754258004_c0a7810bfe_c.jpg

This photo is so sweet! Thanks for sharing it. :goodvibes

Just returned from the Boardwalk yesterday, and it's all wonderful as usual. We booked standard CL and requested a boardwalk view. Of course, we knew it was just a request, so we understood when we checked in and found that no boardwalk views were available for our stay. No problem! And then, we learned that BWI upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite! It was perfect for the Princess Half Marathon weekend - so much wonderful space for our family and as much as I love the boardwalk view, it gave me the quiet I needed for pre-race rest!

CL at BWI is wonderful as usual. All the CMs create such a comfortable and welcoming environment. Even though our boys love the Polynesian, they vote for continuing split stays because they just love CL at BWI.

And just because this a safe resort thread, I'll share how much we LOVED magic bands and FP+. We usually start at rope drop, spend the morning in the park, have an ADR for lunch, take a swim/rest/lounge break in the afternoon and then head to Epcot for dinner. So 3 FP+ per day were all we really needed - went on other rides with low wait times in between. And with race weekend, it allowed us to run in the mornings, get to the park on our own time and enjoy a few favorites before lunch and afternoon breaks (which usually ended up happening around 3:30 or 4pm.) The magic bands made everything so easy - from getting in the room to park admission to FP+ - no more fumbling around with a zillion cards. I usually had a stack of APs, room keys and paper FPs. Now, barely opened my bag for anything. And it was super comfy to wear. We're not new to Disney - been going since I was two years old and same for our boys. We were a bit skeptical of the new system, but now that we've experienced it, we think it's great!!!

P.S. OK - just one negative. Crabby waiter at Flying Fish for the second time in a row. Great food at Flying Fish and so convenient when staying at BWI. Wondering why we keep getting crabby waiters!

I really appreciate you posting your thoughts about your stay, especially about FP+.
That must have been annoying to get a crabby waiter.:sad1: We really like the food at Flying Fish, too. We didn't go last time, so I'm hoping we can fit in a dinner next visit.:cheer2:

BWV standard view. 3 adults Myself,Dsis and (DFriend first timer). 9/9/14 to 9/13/14. I will be 60 in August and DF will be 60 beginning November so we will be celebrating pixiedust:nightly at JellyRolls...... Any excuse for Disney and JellyRolls:cool1:....... (9/8/14 will be at Jambo House)

Lots to celebrate! Happy planning!! party: pixiedust:

I have to second the crabby waiter at Flying Fish. We ate there on Feb.10 and felt like he didn't want us there. We hit most of the signatures in our week and a half stay and this was by far the most rushed. We had cocktails, appetizers, entrees and desserts in under an hour and we felt like that wasn't fast enough for our server. I did say that we were in no hurry when our entrees came out at the same time as our app. plates were picked up but I just got a small half smile from our server and was handed a dessert menu before our plates were cleared from our entrees. Really weird and it might help to explain why the place was empty with only two other tables when we were there.

I have to second the crabby waiter at Flying Fish. We ate there on Feb.10 and felt like he didn't want us there. We hit most of the signatures in our week and a half stay and this was by far the most rushed. We had cocktails, appetizers, entrees and desserts in under an hour and we felt like that wasn't fast enough for our server. I did say that we were in no hurry when our entrees came out at the same time as our app. plates were picked up but I just got a small half smile from our server and was handed a dessert menu before our plates were cleared from our entrees. Really weird and it might help to explain why the place was empty with only two other tables when we were there.

I'll third the bad waiter, as well as an overall bad experience at Flying Fish. The food was also not very good as well. I did enjoy the mussels, but that was it. However, since most of us didn't enjoy our entrees or dessert, it was really expensive for an appetizer.

No problem! I realized I had a few more relating to the hotel to share.
So cute - thank you!

Just returned from the Boardwalk yesterday, and it's all wonderful as usual. We booked standard CL and requested a boardwalk view. Of course, we knew it was just a request, so we understood when we checked in and found that no boardwalk views were available for our stay. No problem! And then, we learned that BWI upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite! It was perfect for the Princess Half Marathon weekend - so much wonderful space for our family and as much as I love the boardwalk view, it gave me the quiet I needed for pre-race rest!

CL at BWI is wonderful as usual. All the CMs create such a comfortable and welcoming environment. Even though our boys love the Polynesian, they vote for continuing split stays because they just love CL at BWI.

And just because this a safe resort thread, I'll share how much we LOVED magic bands and FP+. We usually start at rope drop, spend the morning in the park, have an ADR for lunch, take a swim/rest/lounge break in the afternoon and then head to Epcot for dinner. So 3 FP+ per day were all we really needed - went on other rides with low wait times in between. And with race weekend, it allowed us to run in the mornings, get to the park on our own time and enjoy a few favorites before lunch and afternoon breaks (which usually ended up happening around 3:30 or 4pm.) The magic bands made everything so easy - from getting in the room to park admission to FP+ - no more fumbling around with a zillion cards. I usually had a stack of APs, room keys and paper FPs. Now, barely opened my bag for anything. And it was super comfy to wear. We're not new to Disney - been going since I was two years old and same for our boys. We were a bit skeptical of the new system, but now that we've experienced it, we think it's great!!!

P.S. OK - just one negative. Crabby waiter at Flying Fish for the second time in a row. Great food at Flying Fish and so convenient when staying at BWI. Wondering why we keep getting crabby waiters!
What a sweet upgrade and great TR. But, look what you started with all this crabby FF waiter talk:rotfl2:. Is it safe to say it's off the next ADR list? When/where is your next trip?

Can't wait...I could book my ADRs tomorrow! Yipee:banana:
What are some of your must-do ADRs?

Well, we made the big change from WL to BWI for October 4-12! We have booked a water view room, and are hoping it is not too noisy! We requested an upper floor, so hopefully that will be better. Can't wait to learn more about The Boardwalk! :yay:
Welcome to Crescent Lake. While I did recommend a split stay;), I think you're going to love walking to both DHS and Epcot, it's so convenient. I'll log your dates.

Maybe they work there so long, they take on the persona of the seafood? He must like crabs! :rotfl2: Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up.
:rotfl:

All this talk of bad waiters has me picturing Fawlty Towers…

article-2355717-002F8C0800000258-738_634x373.jpg

Hi everyone. Staying in at BWV in May. Last BW stay DS was only 5 months old.

He is now 2.

Generally speaking, would any of the pool activities be appropriate for him?

Thanks.

Lisa
Welcome, Lisa. Most of the resort pool party activities in the afternoon are geared more toward pre-schoolers - tweens than toddlers since they are located at the Luna Park pool. There is also a kiddie pool area in the background (with no kiddies:scratchin) next to it that he might enjoy and a little playground:

IMGP9943-1.JPG

Sounds like someone is going to be having a very memorable birthday:thumbsup2. I'll add you dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

It's official!! We will be at the BWI in a standard view for 6 nights in exactly 42 days, sooooo excited:yay: Now if I could just get all the planning done.......

What a sweet upgrade and great TR. But, look what you started with all this crabby FF waiter talk:rotfl2:. Is it safe to say it's off the next ADR list? When/where is your next trip?

Hi KOOK! I know - I'm glad I'm not alone - was almost afraid to post about the crabby waiter, but happy to learn that it's not just us! I do think it's off the list for a little while, which is really too bad because I love the sushi there and it's so convenient when staying at BWI. But there are so many places that we love and time is short, so it takes a lot to stay on our list!

As for the best of the dining last week/weekend, we returned to 50's Prime Time and loved it! Donna is really the best server we've seen there - perfect mix of antics and friendliness. We still love Garden Grill as much as ever, but I'll admit that's based primarily on great service, fun characters and atmosphere and the bread and salad. Last week, I didn't even get to the entree items because I loved the bread and salad so much, but our boys report that the rest was also good. Still love Le Cellier - I'm a soup and salad fan there (and they have cab franc on the wine list, which makes it a great dinner!) Our oldest still loves the filet. Via Napoli still serves a great eggplant, but I was really distracted during our meal due to potential flight changes and had some chills after the Princess Half Marathon, so I can't offer a full review. And San Angel was yummy as usual - the server even went over to La Cava to get an avocado margarita - it's no longer on the restaurant menu. One of my favorite counter services - Les Halles in France - was great as ever. We make tons of ADRs, but I'm willing to do CS if it's in France. Great baguette sandwiches and the macaroon cookies are quite good! Just wish they offered more outdoor seating. Finally, Be Our Guest for lunch is wonderful with FP+. We pre-ordered and used our FP+ for that - would not have stood in line. It's our boys' new favorite at MK. If anyone needs FP+ info for BOG, let me know! I guess that's a mini dining review!

As for our next visit, shhhhhhh!!! We're visiting my parents in Florida next month and I'm surprising the boys with a short two-day, one-night trip. Staying at Poly. Just Epcot and MK. Mostly Epcot - it's our boys' favorite park and I've always been an Epcot girl.

Then, it's BWI/Poly split in January 2015 for the full marathon!!! :)

Kids checking out the roller coaster:
12754258004_c0a7810bfe_c.jpg

I REALLY love this picture, too. This could be promotional material for the BW. Thanks for posting all the pics!

All this talk of bad waiters has me picturing Fawlty Towers…

article-2355717-002F8C0800000258-738_634x373.jpg

You made me realize it's been way too long since I saw Faulty Towers. I really don't remember this. :confused3 and it's probably a central gag? I just remember one episode where he thought he was dealing with the hotel inspector/reviewer or something and it was the wrong guy. And really funny, though I don't remember any of what actually happened!

Pixarmom welcome back! Sounds like a nice upgrade! Thanks for your reviews. We've been hesitant to try 50s because we don't want to get yelled at. I hate green beans. :rotfl2: So it worked out well that you did the BW this trip AND you get the short stay at the Poly! Enjoy it! I also agree about FP+. Absolutely perfect for us. A coworker just got back from WDW, too (stayed at CBR), and he was telling me how perfect it was for them during the busy President's week. I think most people will like it once they adjust... As long as they stay onsite. :)

It's official!! We will be at the BWI in a standard view for 6 nights in exactly 42 days, sooooo excited:yay: Now if I could just get all the planning done.......
How exciting! Now get back to planning:)

Hi KOOK! I know - I'm glad I'm not alone - was almost afraid to post about the crabby waiter, but happy to learn that it's not just us! I do think it's off the list for a little while, which is really too bad because I love the sushi there and it's so convenient when staying at BWI. But there are so many places that we love and time is short, so it takes a lot to stay on our list!

As for the best of the dining last week/weekend, we returned to 50's Prime Time and loved it! Donna is really the best server we've seen there - perfect mix of antics and friendliness. We still love Garden Grill as much as ever, but I'll admit that's based primarily on great service, fun characters and atmosphere and the bread and salad. Last week, I didn't even get to the entree items because I loved the bread and salad so much, but our boys report that the rest was also good. Still love Le Cellier - I'm a soup and salad fan there (and they have cab franc on the wine list, which makes it a great dinner!) Our oldest still loves the filet. Via Napoli still serves a great eggplant, but I was really distracted during our meal due to potential flight changes and had some chills after the Princess Half Marathon, so I can't offer a full review. And San Angel was yummy as usual - the server even went over to La Cava to get an avocado margarita - it's no longer on the restaurant menu. One of my favorite counter services - Les Halles in France - was great as ever. We make tons of ADRs, but I'm willing to do CS if it's in France. Great baguette sandwiches and the macaroon cookies are quite good! Just wish they offered more outdoor seating. Finally, Be Our Guest for lunch is wonderful with FP+. We pre-ordered and used our FP+ for that - would not have stood in line. It's our boys' new favorite at MK. If anyone needs FP+ info for BOG, let me know! I guess that's a mini dining review!

As for our next visit, shhhhhhh!!! We're visiting my parents in Florida next month and I'm surprising the boys with a short two-day, one-night trip. Staying at Poly. Just Epcot and MK. Mostly Epcot - it's our boys' favorite park and I've always been an Epcot girl.

Then, it's BWI/Poly split in January 2015 for the full marathon!!! :)
Love your Minnie dining review. We love Les Halles, too. They have a wonderful variety of food and drinks and it's all great. Only wish they had a larger indoor seating area and tables further from the garbage cans:(, but it's still a HUGE improvement over the old place.

Thanks for mentioning GG as we haven't been there in years. I just loved it there many years ago when DD was little and Chip 'N Dale are a hoot. I could ride The Land ride all day so I think we're going to add it to our list next visit:thumbsup2

I'll only do BoG with a FP at lunch. The lines are incredibly long or at least they were in August and December. Maybe the novelty is starting to wear off? I have to say that it wasn't a favorite of mine, but I'm glad we tried it. I just love CHH when we're at the MK. We have a favorite spot on the second floor overlooking FL below.

Your positive SA review surprises me. It used to be a must-do every trip for us and several years ago the service started going way down. Every visit since, the service has gotten worse and worse to where we just won't book it anymore. I really miss it though as it's so cozy and relaxing in there. Should we give it another go?

Happy secret planning:ssst:

You made me realize it's been way too long since I saw Faulty Towers. I really don't remember this. :confused3 and it's probably a central gag? I just remember one episode where he thought he was dealing with the hotel inspector/reviewer or something and it was the wrong guy. And really funny, though I don't remember any of what actually happened!
That's Manuel on the left and Basil Fawlty (John Cleese) on the right. Manuel is from Barcelona (the actor was actually German) and he has a very poor command of the English language. Everyone always gets very frustrated with Manuel, but he's well-meaning and rather endearing. One of my favorite episodes featuring Manuel is Basil the Rat with the health inspector.

Thanks for mentioning GG as we haven't been there in years. I just loved it there many years ago when DD was little and Chip 'N Dale are a hoot. I could ride The Land ride all day so I think we're going to add it to our list next visit:thumbsup2

I'll only do BoG with a FP at lunch. The lines are incredibly long or at least they were in August and December. Maybe the novelty is starting to wear off? I have to say that it wasn't a favorite of mine, but I'm glad we tried it. I just love CHH when we're at the MK. We have a favorite spot on the second floor overlooking FL below.

Your positive SA review surprises me. It used to be a must-do every trip for us and several years ago the service started going way down. Every visit since, the service has gotten worse and worse to where we just won't book it anymore. I really miss it though as it's so cozy and relaxing in there. Should we give it another go?

Happy secret planning:ssst:

Thank you!!! I'd love to add next month to my signature, but I'm concerned I'll forget to close my dis window and the boys will see my computer! Might add it in tiny font!

Too funny about The Land!! Our 14-year-old absolutely loves the Land Pavilion and everything in it. He feels The Land doesn't get enough love, so I'm happy to see another fan!

BOG for lunch - the line is still ridiculously long! We had the BOG lunch FP+ and we pre-ordered. I can't imagine standing in that line, though! The food was OK, but I think the setting is the big draw for the boys. And our oldest prefers dinner food for lunch, which is available at BOG. I wondered whether it would stay on our rotation, because I'd rather make an ADR for Liberty Tree, but the boys are so enthusiastic about it that we'll stick with it for a while, as long as FP+ is available (and it still is for our next visit!)

San Angel Inn. We took a long break from it, and my husband and I prefer La Hacienda. But again, the boys love the theming and our youngest is a huge Three Caballeros fan. After La Hacienda opened, we thought the food at SAI improved dramatically. I really like the tostadas de tinga and that avocado margarita is spectacular (if they can go over to La Cava to get it!) The service, however, has not improved. Our server went from super nice (offering to get the avocado marg) to really crabby pretty fast. Not sure why, but that seems to happen at SAI. I always wonder if it's because I order an appetizer instead of an entree and our middle son orders light too. But my husband and oldest son order apps and entrees, and then I usually order a margarita. So I'd say give it another try for the food, but don't get too optimistic about the service!

psac, 50's can definitely be a toss up. We did have one server who was way too harsh, but that was three years ago and we haven't seen him around since. I'd recommend asking for Donna!

Quick question for the experts :cheer2: what does a a pool/garden view mean for a BWV 1-bedroom? Just curious what type of view that translates too. :upsidedow

Thanks!

Quick question for the experts :cheer2: what does a a pool/garden view mean for a BWV 1-bedroom? Just curious what type of view that translates too. :upsidedow

Thanks!

This is what members consider to be a preferred room. You will either over look one of the pools or a garden area near the canal side of the resort. I hope that helps.

Thanks!

It would probably be a view of either of the two pools. BW view is a separate preferred booking view.

:wave2:

BWI Standard View 8/16/14 - 8/26/14

This is happening. :goodvibes
Congratulations, Candace! Just as you wouldn't want to walk on concrete until its fully set, I'm going to wait a few days before logging your dates just in case the umm, reservation hasn't set yet:flower3:

Hi WDWKOOK,

The plans are starting to come together! So much to do, so little time!
It's fun though, isn't it?:hyper:

Thank you!!! I'd love to add next month to my signature, but I'm concerned I'll forget to close my dis window and the boys will see my computer! Might add it in tiny font!

Too funny about The Land!! Our 14-year-old absolutely loves the Land Pavilion and everything in it. He feels The Land doesn't get enough love, so I'm happy to see another fan!

BOG for lunch - the line is still ridiculously long! We had the BOG lunch FP+ and we pre-ordered. I can't imagine standing in that line, though! The food was OK, but I think the setting is the big draw for the boys. And our oldest prefers dinner food for lunch, which is available at BOG. I wondered whether it would stay on our rotation, because I'd rather make an ADR for Liberty Tree, but the boys are so enthusiastic about it that we'll stick with it for a while, as long as FP+ is available (and it still is for our next visit!)

San Angel Inn. We took a long break from it, and my husband and I prefer La Hacienda. But again, the boys love the theming and our youngest is a huge Three Caballeros fan. After La Hacienda opened, we thought the food at SAI improved dramatically. I really like the tostadas de tinga and that avocado margarita is spectacular (if they can go over to La Cava to get it!) The service, however, has not improved. Our server went from super nice (offering to get the avocado marg) to really crabby pretty fast. Not sure why, but that seems to happen at SAI. I always wonder if it's because I order an appetizer instead of an entree and our middle son orders light too. But my husband and oldest son order apps and entrees, and then I usually order a margarita. So I'd say give it another try for the food, but don't get too optimistic about the service!

psac, 50's can definitely be a toss up. We did have one server who was way too harsh, but that was three years ago and we haven't seen him around since. I'd recommend asking for Donna!
Another crabby waiter commiseration :grouphug:. I feel better now, but SAI is back off the list - again:rotfl:.

We stopped going to 50's, too because sometimes you'd get a waiter who would "play along" and sometimes they wouldn't "play" at all. Also, it can get a little loud in some of the rooms, too. We were a bit overwhelmed the last time and underwhelmed the time before, kind of inconsistent. I know that's all part of the schtick, but it ended up a hit or miss meal for us so we've been going to BD and SFDI instead of 50's. We just LOVE BD and the service is usually very good.

Oh, and kids read that tiny font a lot better than we do:laughing:

Thanks, Kook for the pool activity information :)

He has played at that playground and really enjoyed it. He also saw that baby pool with the elephants and looked super excited about it (we weren't staying there at the time we were at Kidani but let him play at the BW playground while walking from DHS to Epcot). Since the playgrounds are open to anyone, I believe. I think those things will work to burn off some energy and play.

Really excited to stay in a 1br there. BWV was my first stay as a DVC owner and DS's first night at Disney ever :). I took him down for 3 nights when he was 5 months old. I had to get away and get a Disney fix after 20 weeks of bed rest while pregnant. Could not wait until the December Kidani reservation that year. Too long. I had to do a split stay as it was last minute. One night BW studio followed by two nights VWL studio. I called member services so much from that BW studio trying to get a last minute availability to stay! We loved the room and the hotel. Loved the Pool view as well. The baby and I went over to Cape May for breakfast that morning. BWV will always have sweet memories for me because of that trip.

VWL was great, too. But I am really excited to be back at BW. DH will not venture from Kidani so I love staying all over during trips with just DS and me.

Thanks for the info again :goodvibes

Lisa

Thanks, Kook for the pool activity information :)

He has played at that playground and really enjoyed it. He also saw that baby pool with the elephants and looked super excited about it (we weren't staying there at the time we were at Kidani but let him play at the BW playground while walking from DHS to Epcot). Since the playgrounds are open to anyone, I believe. I think those things will work to burn off some energy and play.

Really excited to stay in a 1br there. BWV was my first stay as a DVC owner and DS's first night at Disney ever :). I took him down for 3 nights when he was 5 months old. I had to get away and get a Disney fix after 20 weeks of bed rest while pregnant. Could not wait until the December Kidani reservation that year. Too long. I had to do a split stay as it was last minute. One night BW studio followed by two nights VWL studio. I called member services so much from that BW studio trying to get a last minute availability to stay! We loved the room and the hotel. Loved the Pool view as well. The baby and I went over to Cape May for breakfast that morning. BWV will always have sweet memories for me because of that trip.

VWL was great, too. But I am really excited to be back at BW. DH will not venture from Kidani so I love staying all over during trips with just DS and me.

Thanks for the info again :goodvibes

Lisa
You're welcome! Kidani's one bedrooms (and BLT's) are really nice and they have two bathrooms, but walking to DHS and Epcot is so convenient. Enjoy your vacation with your DS:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter